The Student Room Group

Access to HE in Education

Hi everyone, so I’m starting an access to HE course in education in September and I want to be as prepared as possible. I have my maths and English GCSEs (at a 4 and an 8) already so won’t need to do any prep for that. Has anyone else done this qualification?
What kind of stationery do I need for an access course?
How are assignments typically laid out question wise? (any examples would be amazing)
How many hours a week outside of college should I be putting into my course?
Any prior reading I should do to starting my course?
When I did my last qualification my tutor often said I lacked evaluation, any tips on how to improve this or websites that may explain more?

Thanks in advance
Original post by Miljo06
Hi everyone, so I’m starting an access to HE course in education in September and I want to be as prepared as possible. I have my maths and English GCSEs (at a 4 and an 8) already so won’t need to do any prep for that. Has anyone else done this qualification?
What kind of stationery do I need for an access course?
How are assignments typically laid out question wise? (any examples would be amazing)
How many hours a week outside of college should I be putting into my course?
Any prior reading I should do to starting my course?
When I did my last qualification my tutor often said I lacked evaluation, any tips on how to improve this or websites that may explain more?

Thanks in advance

For stationery - a few pens and notebooks will be a good start. :smile:

I would put in the same number of hours at home as you're receiving in teaching.

If you give me a couple of topics I may be able to suggest some starting points for reading.

Without more context on the evaluation question I'm not sure I can help, and I don't know the answer to the question about the layout of assignments.

MR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending