The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://www.blottshop.com/

the best stationary shop ever
Original post by razzmatazz rach
I think I'm getting a Smash book for my birthday :-)

What do people think of Smash books? Anyone have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yess! I made my own and then finally bought one a couple of weeks ago.
I've been obsessing over watching smash videos on youtube hahah. I posted about the one I made on my blog (:
Original post by clareyyyyyyy
ended up spending far too much money on lots of lovely notebooks for all my notebook needs here.... mmmmmn so pretty (:
but thanks! (:

Original post by lizziec1996
http://www.blottshop.com/

the best stationary shop ever

you guys have caused me to want to buy like half a million things i really do not need! D:

also....

http://www.stationeryshow.co.uk/
Went to visit my Nan today and she got me this

She knows me so well :P I love the different colours sticky tabs :smile:

Oh good lord, that's beautiful.
Does anyone use a Filofax at Uni? I was thinking of getting one for September as they look really cute and handy but then I'm not sure as I have an iPhone which I'm always using to note things down.
has anyone had the Arc type things?

any comments? please and thankyou xx
I think I'm getting a Smash book for my birthday :-)

What do people think of Smash books? Anyone have one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's definitely a good investment. There aren't many "huge" events that warrant a full scrapbook page, so a SMASH book is suitable as I can still record meetups and movies and food adventures with my friends. I use it for trips abroad as well, since I take a lot of photos - it's a more compact way of scrapbooking and I save money, since I resize my photos to 4 in one 4R page and print them that way. On average I use one Smash book per 8 months (I'm on my 4th now), excluding trips because they take up an entire book or so (if I'm abroad for 2 weeks and more).

That being said, I stuff my smash book to the brim sometimes and my Red smashbook and the large Purple one cannot close properly, so the books have some spine issues. I did tear out half the pages (GASP) out of my black smash book (and I use them as backing, decoration, etc) and it's still pretty full, but not bursting at the seams. I guess it's because I like adding photos and knickknacks and some pop-out stickers from the craft store (I'm a craftaholic KILL ME). However I've seen people who've just stuck the basics (ie no decoration) and their books are still pretty full. Just for your consideration(:
Original post by simplylldxo
I'm putting together a list for stationery to buy for September but I'm stuck, this is what I've put so far:

2014/2015 Diary (One Day At a Time) - £9.99 (http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmith-2014-15-a5-one-day-at-a-time-diary-day-to-page/product/36834266) WH Smith

2 x Project Book A4 - £2.50 each (http://www.wilko.com/notebooks-and-pads/wilko-project-book-a4/invt/0254903) Wilkos

2 x Sticky Tabs - £0.50 each (http://www.wilko.com/sticky-notes-and-memo-pads/wilko-sticky-tabs-multi-coloured/invt/0317092) Wilkos

1 x BIC Cristal Pouch Black 10pk - £3.20 (http://www.wilko.com/pens-and-pencils/bic-cristal-pouch-black-10pk/invt/0337220) Wilkos

1 x Stabilo Flash Highlighters Asst Colours - £2.45 (http://www.wilko.com/pens-and-pencils/stabilo-flash-highlighters-assorted-colours-1mm35mm-x-4/invt/0317966) Wilkos

I'm doing English and History btw :smile:

I'm doing English and History as well. And Economics and Japanese. This is a good list! I may use it! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need pens which are comfortable an can help me write fast, it should also stop my hand aching if I use it for a Lin time .

Any pens you could recommend like this guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakes
I need pens which are comfortable an can help me write fast, it should also stop my hand aching if I use it for a Lin time .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your hand will ache if you write for a long time regardless as its to do with the muscles in your hand moving. Youll never find a pen to stop this!

Id say uniball x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used BIC Velocity Ballpoint pens for my exams this summer - the grip was great and the ink flow was brilliant, too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just went on a crazy online shop at paperchase sale. Now I feel a lot better about life
Original post by Edminzodo
I'm doing English and History as well. And Economics and Japanese. This is a good list! I may use it! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting choices :smile: what are your plans in term of a degree?

You can :smile: I'm just stuck on what to do for files e.g. ring binders, lever arch or expanding files!
Original post by simplylldxo
Interesting choices :smile: what are your plans in term of a degree?

You can :smile: I'm just stuck on what to do for files e.g. ring binders, lever arch or expanding files!

Oriental Studies (Japanese)! I'll take modules in Economics, History and Literature, though, and maybe pick up Mandarin!

I assume yours is a degree? What university are you heading to? Are you excited? :awesome:

I think start with small files, then expand (ha ha)! I'm just sticking with notebooks and I'll have one big lever arch for sheets at first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Does anyone use a Filofax at Uni? I was thinking of getting one for September as they look really cute and handy but then I'm not sure as I have an iPhone which I'm always using to note things down.

I use one for university. I've always used a paper diary though - I really need to write things down as reminders. If I write notes on my phone I'll just forget and never look back!

If you don't really use paper diaries, it's probably a good idea to try it first before spending a lot of money on a Filofax. Some people just don't work well with writing things down on paper!
Okay guys, I need some help. I've been trying to find a good ballpoint with a nib that's less than 1.0mm. I'm finding that they're just really thick and I want something thinner!

Am I going to have to look into something 'posh' like the parker pens? I think I saw one under 1.0mm but it was a very high end brand. Looking in Ryman's and WHSmiths is failing me right now aha.

There's got to be fine ballpoints, right?!
Original post by Edminzodo
Oriental Studies (Japanese)! I'll take modules in Economics, History and Literature, though, and maybe pick up Mandarin!

I assume yours is a degree? What university are you heading to? Are you excited? :awesome:

I think start with small files, then expand (ha ha)! I'm just sticking with notebooks and I'll have one big lever arch for sheets at first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds amazing :biggrin:

It is indeed - a Joint Honours/Combined Degree in which I'll be doing a joint pathway so a 50/50 split and Derby University! I am excited but nervous but that is expected.

That's what I am going to do :smile: I've tried to minimise the cost by only getting the essentials but it still has gone up to £67... oops!
Original post by katehlouise
Okay guys, I need some help. I've been trying to find a good ballpoint with a nib that's less than 1.0mm. I'm finding that they're just really thick and I want something thinner!

Am I going to have to look into something 'posh' like the parker pens? I think I saw one under 1.0mm but it was a very high end brand. Looking in Ryman's and WHSmiths is failing me right now aha.

There's got to be fine ballpoints, right?!

Try muji? They might just have gel pens though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to buy a fountain pen, kinda torn between Lamy Safari and Platignum Time. Help??
And are Schneider fountain pens any good, guys?
Original post by loopzooping
I want to buy a fountain pen, kinda torn between Lamy Safari and Platignum Time. Help??
And are Schneider fountain pens any good, guys?

I have 5 lamy safaris, so I think they're amazing. They're reliable workhorse pens and don't break easily, they're inexpensive but still really good quality and the lamy warranty is outstanding. I though my nib was a little scratchy so I sent it to lamy after a year and they replaced it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending