The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mammamia:0
They're £1.48 each currently, I got them in store, not sure they're selling them online :smile: I love the new covers though! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

cheers big ears!:biggrin:
Reply 981
Original post by mammamia:0
They're £1.48 each currently, I got them in store, not sure they're selling them online :smile: I love the new covers though! :smile:

Original post by ashtoreth
may i ask how much u spent pls? i didn't know they sold any and just checked online but i couldn't find any.

*prob dodgy search term used*

I love the new covers too! Though makes it look like the Jack Wills of Paper :P

The £1.48 offer will be on until september, so it's worth looking at other shops too
Original post by shmuxel
I love the new covers too! Though makes it look like the Jack Wills of Paper :P

The £1.48 offer will be on until september, so it's worth looking at other shops too

oh god! stop! u are makin me all acquisitive

*must NOT go gaga over stationery cos it's not seemly*

:tongue:
Reply 983
u do realise that this convo has taken the thread somewhat OT?:biggrin:

yeah....ah well screw the thread!
may i ask how much u spent pls? i didn't know they sold any and just checked online but i couldn't find any.

*prob dodgy search term used*

Sainsburys are also doing them for around the same price as Tesco, I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Going to buy more asap in time for uni!
Original post by dem503
yeah....ah well screw the thread!

think i'm gonna rename u Mr Hothead looool

ps. dash to tescos/sains - they got a good deal on oxfords
Original post by journalismus
Sainsburys are also doing them for around the same price as Tesco, I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Going to buy more asap in time for uni!

ok. i give in:redface: the lure of all that fresh smellin paper has just managed to overcome any reservations i had and i'm gonna dash to sains asap...sains happens to be closer to me than tescos.

ty for the tip! :biggrin:
Original post by shmuxel
The vocab book is good, non :smile:

If you want a single A4 notebook, look at this: (available in ruled, seyes and squared, all in hardback or softback) http://www.pentopaperonline.com/product.php?productid=216&cat=0&page=2

Thank you so much:smile: I think I need to start my own definitions book for next year; I always lose the cue cards I make. I've actually been looking for seyes paper after my mum's friend gave her a recipe written on it. She goes to France all the time but I feel weird asking her to buy me exercise books! And thank you for recommending bureau direct, I think I might buy a few of the A5 seyes books as I need one for each module and alas, cannot afford the 4 of the A4 size. I might ask for the giant A5 rhodia pack of 5 for my birthday..it would be something useful? If anything this thread has made me more obsessed with stationery!

I'll also need a clairefontaine lined A5 for definitions and maybe a pocket sized for list making. I was looking at a taupe coloured leuchtturm 1917 notebook instead of a moleskine diary and I can just write my own date or the rhodia web notebook.

I'll stop thinking out loud and make a list:laugh:
Original post by jeh_jeh
I know this feeling - I'm still struggling, too.

First of all, there's this, but I think it's ugly. Moleskine do daily diaries, too, but as far as I can tell they only run from 2013, which is useless for someone who runs on an academic year. The other option is to get yourself a pretty Filofax (I'd probably say Personal size, for ease of writing and plenty of space) and make your own custom diary inserts. There's source files that you can easily edit in Word and then print off here. I think that's pretty much everything!

Original post by SHABANA
You could get one of these (they have a day per page) http://pirongs.co.uk/desk-diaries/standard-page-a-day-for-academic-year-s416

i'm the same, prefer the page per day view. spent ages lookin. asked on here and got no replies...so have finally taken the plunge and bought this - http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=35606581

appreciate u may not wanna go as girly as patchwork (lol) but smiths seem the only place (that i've found) that have some sorta selection tho they cannot be accused of being cheap.

I should probably have mentioned that I don't live in the UK, so any websites I use must provide affordable international delivery...(also really hard to come by =/)

Having said that, some of those suggested here look great and it may be worthwhile for me to wait until they (perhaps) start appearing on eBay closer to the academic year.

Gracias for the help!
Reply 989
Finally got round to buying some stationary. Still some more bits and bobs to buy, but so far so good.P1020901.jpg

Really like the look of the Filofax diaries - they're so :sexface:. But I then saw the price:zomg:.
Original post by Jin3011

P1020901.jpg

where did you get the neon pencils from they are awesome ????
Reply 991
Original post by lottie9394
where did you get the neon pencils from they are awesome ????

Staples for a quid. They were just there so I couldn't resist:tongue:
I went to tescos and it's the Oxford refill pads 70 sheets that they have on offer. I thought it was the notebook :frown: dunno if I should get it since I don't use refill pads... I use the notebook :/

Original post by VanillaTwilight
I went to tescos and it's the Oxford refill pads 70 sheets that they have on offer. I thought it was the notebook :frown: dunno if I should get it since I don't use refill pads... I use the notebook :/

They're pretty much the same thing though! The only difference is the way the cover is, isn't it?
Original post by VanDerWaal
I should probably have mentioned that I don't live in the UK, so any websites I use must provide affordable international delivery...(also really hard to come by =/)

Having said that, some of those suggested here look great and it may be worthwhile for me to wait until they (perhaps) start appearing on eBay closer to the academic year.

Gracias for the help!

just a minor detail to have missed off (not being resident in the uk), i'd not worry about it:tongue: loooool

just to add - those ones from smiths are great cos they have a page per day - including sat/sun. and i recall that being a feature u were after. hope u land summat on ebay tho!
Reply 995
Original post by Newbie1987
The big blue folder thing - is that an arch lever folder? Its awesome! How much was it?

Indeed it is :smile:. On the more pricier side at £10. But everything else just looked really dull in comparison, so I couldn't help myself XD.
I think this year I'll get lever arch files instead of ring binders because I so could not fit everything in a ring binder for a few of my modules!!! So that's 5 lever arch files to buy haha... Anyone know where they are cheap from?

Reply 997
Original post by VanillaTwilight
I think this year I'll get lever arch files instead of ring binders because I so could not fit everything in a ring binder for a few of my modules!!! So that's 5 lever arch files to buy haha... Anyone know where they are cheap from?

Wilkinson's usually has a lot of files for cheap, £2ish I think?
Original post by Bluer.
Wilkinson's usually has a lot of files for cheap, £2ish I think?

the mechanisms in them are a bit ****e, so wouldnt recommend them if you'll be carting it to school quite often. If its going to stay at home, then they're fine.
I'm decorating my dividers :awesome: I'll post pics when I'm done, it'll be a few days though :sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending