The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

nelly
hey was just wondering, are u allowed 2 have friends come and stay in your room who aren't @ lancs uni, if so does it cost n e thing? thanks

as dan said, doesnt cost a thing. not often room for more than 3 people on the floor though. At least in cartmel and lonsdale rooms. But then thats what the luggage cupboard is for :wink:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
isnt that what the corridor is for also? just let your hall mates fall over them in the morning :P
cant get the light off in the corridor! too many sensors!! lol can do the kitchen though...
Sensors? That would annoy me. I think i prefer the good old fashioned light switches we still use up here in Bowland :biggrin:
-- Dan
Sensors? That would annoy me. I think i prefer the good old fashioned light switches we still use up here in Bowland :biggrin:

hmm they still entertain me. i live opposite the kitchen so ive been trying all year to dart through quick enough that the sensors dont catch me!! The one day i did manage it - i found out it was because the sensors were busted lol
lol unlucky!
-- Dan

Sometimes the old ways are the best ways:biggrin:
Retardchar
HAHAHA! :biggrin: I think I like him even more now. Although, I shan't be stalking him. I don't like him that much.

heya im hoping to do english lit at lancaster in september so can u jst run through what u think of the course so far?
gemz_657crew
heya im hoping to do english lit at lancaster in september so can u jst run through what u think of the course so far?

So far I've really enjoyed the course. It's well organised and my tutor was brilliant all year. Obviously some lectures are better than others and some things were a pain to read (you soon learn to appreciate poetry, if only because it's less to read) but overall, it was very enjoyable. :smile: I know it makes me sound like a geek, but I even enjoyed the essays! :eek: I know, geek.

Hope you enjoy first year english lit as much as I did! :biggrin:
is Psychology a very much liked part ii course? Do lots want to do it in the first year?
Reply 190
historyhoney
is Psychology a very much liked part ii course? Do lots want to do it in the first year?

Psychology _will_ have a queue, it's a very popular course. They're also very stubbern when it comes to timetable clashes.
cds
Psychology _will_ have a queue, it's a very popular course. They're also very stubbern when it comes to timetable clashes.

you probs dont know the answer to this but it is worth a shot - do u know if music and psychology clash?
Reply 192
historyhoney
you probs dont know the answer to this but it is worth a shot - do u know if music and psychology clash?

You will only find that out when you get the big booklet of course information.
LubyLoo
You will only find that out when you get the big booklet of course information.

cool thanks, the fesher's week booklet I saw on the website seemed really really complicated!
historyhoney
cool thanks, the fesher's week booklet I saw on the website seemed really really complicated!

yeah i know what you mean!!!!!!! :eek:
Reply 195
What is freshers week? I'm commuting there by car on the 1st Oct to register then again to lectures starting on the 6th October onwards, do i go too? Confused!
it's like an intro week into university life where you need to do loads of stuff like register at the uni register for a library card and a student card etc!
Reply 197
And get very drunk! :p:
Reply 198
Loads of things happen that week.. whether you're into drinking or not. You'll have talks by your college, talks by the students union, and talks by your departments. You also need to register with the uni and with your courses.
Reply 199
Hi. where can u get internet from and do you have to pay for it, and does blue tooth work on site (dunno much about blue tooth or what it is) :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending