The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Question: What things should I do before coming to study in England?

Got in!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1981
Question to international students - What is the address, where I should send me diploma?
tfxx
Question to international students - What is the address, where I should send me diploma?

You should send it to your department I think?
Reply 1983
tfxx

Undergrad or Postgrad?
Reply 1984
bestie
Undergrad or Postgrad?

Undergraduate. Asked Lancaster a month ago and still dont have an answer where. I'm almost sure that I should send it to undergraduate office, but need someone to verify.
tfxx
Undergraduate. Asked Lancaster a month ago and still dont have an answer where. I'm almost sure that I should send it to undergraduate office, but need someone to verify.

email them again... they will have lost the email. The organisation is not great, but keep trying!
Hmm, I don’t know if anyone can help me, but it’s worth a shot.

My graduation ceremony is tomorrow at 11am, and the grad guide says to show up around 8:30am, that means turning up 2 hours 30 minutes before the actual ceremony starts (although I do realise that I have to queue up at 10 for my ‘place’). Can you show up anytime between 8:30 and 10am (I was thinking 9am), or is it best to show up at 8:30am exactly? I’m just wondering how long it’ll actually take to get my cap and gown and get a photograph taken (although I do realise that there may be a queue for that too!).

*head explosion*

Maybe I’m just thinking this through too much...
El Nombre

My graduation ceremony is tomorrow at 11am, and the grad guide says to show up around 8:30am, that means turning up 2 hours 30 minutes before the actual ceremony starts (although I do realise that I have to queue up at 10 for my ‘place’). Can you show up anytime between 8:30 and 10am (I was thinking 9am), or is it best to show up at 8:30am exactly? I’m just wondering how long it’ll actually take to get my cap and gown and get a photograph taken (although I do realise that there may be a queue for that too!).

*head explosion*

I'm wondering on how long photos and things take too... plus, my stepmother is going on about how bored she'll eb waiting around until the ceremony. oh well... I'd say give as much time as possible. If you end up hanigng around, so be it. better early than late!
Eep, hopefully she won’t get too bored, the ceremony itself is a lot of names, a lot of people dressed in bin liner ponchos, and a lot of Handel’s Water music being played... That's how I imagine anyway... I was lured into going by the promise of food afterwards. :s:

You make a good point, better to be early than late. Plus the traffic on the roads may be bad around that time, as people will be going to work etc.

Anyhow, hope you have a good day tomorrow! :biggrin:

Must try not to fall over, must try not to fall over, Must try not to fall over, must try not to fall over...
Reply 1989
Teao the Cat
email them again... they will have lost the email. The organisation is not great, but keep trying!

Just checked my email, looks like I sent them another email a week ago, and still no answer. Damn. :mad:
Reply 1990
El Nombre

My graduation ceremony is tomorrow at 11am, and the grad guide says to show up around 8:30am, that means turning up 2 hours 30 minutes before the actual ceremony starts (although I do realise that I have to queue up at 10 for my ‘place&#8217:wink:. Can you show up anytime between 8:30 and 10am (I was thinking 9am), or is it best to show up at 8:30am exactly? I’m just wondering how long it’ll actually take to get my cap and gown and get a photograph taken (although I do realise that there may be a queue for that too!).

*head explosion*

There's not too long a wait for gowns and certificates, but you can easily stand for an hour or more in the photo queue. They take an absolute age. You also have to factor in walking from wherever you are parked to George Fox, then to the Great Hall.
I thought 2 and a half hours was a little bit too long, but most of it was spent in the assembly room above the hall.
And it is very boring for parents, lots of standing around and then sitting in their seats for 45 minutes waiting for it all to start.
Guys quick question. Is there any reason why Lancaster have emailed me again asking me to register for my accommodation when I have already done so? I doubled checked my account with Lancaster and it says "2010-2011 Your application was processed on dd/mm/yyyy (obviously the date I did so)". Could this be a glitch? I have emailed Lancaster and I will ring tomorrow. Anyone had this problem too?
Reply 1992
Fear Nothing
Guys quick question. Is there any reason why Lancaster have emailed me again asking me to register for my accommodation when I have already done so? I doubled checked my account with Lancaster and it says "2010-2011 Your application was processed on dd/mm/yyyy (obviously the date I did so)". Could this be a glitch? I have emailed Lancaster and I will ring tomorrow. Anyone had this problem too?

Not me.
Reply 1993

the system is notoriously iffy..

phoning them may help,
athamas
the system is notoriously iffy..

phoning them may help,

All taken care of. Was a glitch in the system :smile:
Reply 1995

sounds about right..

it often breaks....
Just a quick question about the open day: There are no specific times for the earliest time and latest time, so does that mean I can come whatever time during the day?

Of course, tours take place from 1PM to 3PM iirc, so I wouldn't want to miss that.

Thanks =]
Reply 1997
Fear Nothing

yeah, me ditto

PS. is the Internet fee included in the rent ?

PS2. When exactly are we paying the rent for the first time (for these three months + the deposit of 190&#321:wink: ?
oh, and also:
PS3. Is it worth to buy the public transportation card or would it be better to buy single tickets ?
Another Q - How do people privately pay their tuition fees? I am intending to do so is it just a cheque or do I pay it online?

Thank you
Weronka
yeah, me ditto

PS. is the Internet fee included in the rent ?

PS2. When exactly are we paying the rent for the first time (for these three months + the deposit of 190&#321:wink: ?
oh, and also:
PS3. Is it worth to buy the public transportation card or would it be better to buy single tickets ?

Yes internet is inculded.

Rent is paid in week one or two, if I recall but the deposit is paid before you go.

If I recall, the bus pass is only worth it if you go into town four times a week or so... you can work it out. People only tend to get them if the live off campus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending