Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
dayofdiscovery
i read that we need a netwrok card...whats that....as u may be able to tell im not very good with computer stuff.

A network card is what plugs into your computer to be able to connect your network cable into. The end looks a little like a phone socket (but a bit smaller).
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 381
Theres no one around now ..... :frown:
i know, and im very bored, im pretty much packed, and got nothing to do!
hey guys...!!:redface: i 'm thinking of going to lancaster so i if someone is kind enough to give some info like hows the life up theree...:/ i am not from england and its pretty scary for me :frown:
Reply 384
Despinoullax
hey guys...!!:redface: i 'm thinking of going to lancaster so i if someone is kind enough to give some info like hows the life up theree...:/ i am not from england and its pretty scary for me :frown:

Lancaster is a really friendly place, so you won't be alone. You might even meet people from your own country there (I believe there's an international student society starting up), and there's people whose job it is to help international students.

If you wanna see what the university is like, if you can make it, the open days are really good
thnx a lot cds :smile: how could i pick in which college to go to??
Reply 386
Despinoullax
thnx a lot cds :smile: how could i pick in which college to go to??

You'll be asked to fill in a form when you register, which asks you for your preferred (and second choice) college
How long does Lancaster usually take to make an offer?
elevatorlove

i applied in October and they made me an offer in December...
elevatorlove

i applied in October and they made me an offer in November...
There are actually quite a few people from Cyprus/Greece here.
-- Dan
There are actually quite a few people from Cyprus/Greece here.

trying to escape from home :smile:
btw does anyone know why do the year starts in October instead of September???:/ oh and which collage is the best ?:P
Despinoullax
btw does anyone know why do the year starts in October instead of September???:/ oh and which collage is the best ?:P

everyone uni is different, lancaster just starts in october....there is no "reason" for it.

and the second question i'm afraid is impossible to answer.

basically research the different colleges and decide.
Reply 394
Despinoullax
oh and which collage is the best ?:P

There is not much to choose between colleges. It depends whether you want ensuite or not, how many to a kitchen, in the middle of campus or further away.
All colleges are mixed gender, self-catering and most have a choice of en-suite or not, except those on Alex Park (Lonsdale, Cartmel) which are all ensuite. Cartmel has the reputation of being quiet/boring, Lonsdale "the party college", Fylde sporty etc. but these are stereotypes and not necessarily to be believed.
The "best" college will be the one you are in.
thnx guys :smile:
Reply 396
fylde has quite a few cypriots this year i've found.. fylde is also just en-suite now..
if you like going on the defensive and getting to argue with everyone else on Campus, go for Pendle :smile: we get the mick taken quite a lot!
Reply 398
that's if pendle is there for them next year lol
Reply 399
kirstinx
Could someone explain doing the 3 subjects thing and if you do law do you just do law?

its changing from the 2007 entry - so it will just be law in the first year, cos the department decided students needed to be "immersed" in law more - also people with rubbish grades cld apply for easier subjects, do a law minor then transfer into law - getting in by the back door, which wasnt fair on better people who got rejected, and, anyway, laws a hard subject, so these people weren't really up to it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending