Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Oooh good luck!

Medic or dentist? :eyeball:

Thanks! Medic :smile:
Reply 581
Oooh good luck!

Medic or dentist? :eyeball:

Hiii, medic! (Don't worry, I'm not going to ask for a diagnosis)

Please tell me it's possible to be a medic and have a social life? I'm an arts student and I'm freaking out about second year medic boyfriend who is suddenly taking things very seriously, after having a somewhat relaxed attitude to first year.

:colondollar:

Ah, sorry, I just saw you're 2011 entry so perhaps not sure yet, either?!
Original post by Revent
Thanks! Medic :smile:

Excellent :colone:

Not seen you in the medicine forum yet though afaik :naughty:

Going to bore the regular LDR people shortly by asking you where you think you'll apply to (obv you'll have a better idea tomorrow with your UKCAT score :h:)

Original post by jeh_jeh
Hiii, medic! (Don't worry, I'm not going to ask for a diagnosis)

Please tell me it's possible to be a medic and have a social life? I'm an arts student and I'm freaking out about second year medic boyfriend who is suddenly taking things very seriously, after having a somewhat relaxed attitude to first year.

:colondollar:

Ah, sorry, I just saw you're 2011 entry so perhaps not sure yet, either?!

I'm only a fresher but from everyone I've met so far it is very possible to manage a social life and work hard too :yep:
Obviously around exam time we all hide in libraries and work our socks off but other than that it's possible :smile:

Some things may be cut down but it's up to the person. Your bf might need to spend longer working but he should be able to find time to make your LDR work .. it's what I'm doing :h:

Out of curiousity, which medical school is your bf at? :smile:
Reply 583

Going to bore the regular LDR people shortly by asking you where you think you'll apply to (obv you'll have a better idea tomorrow with your UKCAT score :h:)

I'm only a fresher but from everyone I've met so far it is very possible to manage a social life and work hard too :yep:
Obviously around exam time we all hide in libraries and work our socks off but other than that it's possible :smile:

Some things may be cut down but it's up to the person. Your bf might need to spend longer working but he should be able to find time to make your LDR work .. it's what I'm doing :h:

Oh awesome! :smile: You're a medic. I know who to go to for help now :p:

Applying to Oxford, Imperial, Barts and probably Liverpool.
However, if I do bad in the UKCAT which is VERY likely, I'm going to change Barts to either UCL or Bristol.

Oh also, where is the medicine forum? :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 584

A second year at Birmingham (and my sister's a first year there, so weirdly he sees her more than I do!); so luckily we're not that long-distance (I joined when I was living in Italy), but in some respects it makes it worse because while I could probably ask him to cut down on work for a weekend if it was the only time I could see him in a two month period, for example, I see him much more frequently than that. :p: That said, I'm a finalist this year and term starts on Monday, and I want to either do a Masters or score some work experience so I'll probably be working hard, too. It's just a bit weird because he's already in lectures, and I am natural born worrier!

_____

In other news, I could be moving back to Italy after graduation. My Dad could potentially be securing me some work experience with another company. :s-smilie: And while this is an amazing opportunity, I'm not relishing the thought of another year of international long-distance. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm soooooooo annoyed... I sent the boy a really nice postcard telling him how much I missed him and all that and apparently his cleaners threw it in the bin before he'd even seen it :cry2:
Reply 586
Original post by Jellybean91
I'm soooooooo annoyed... I sent the boy a really nice postcard telling him how much I missed him and all that and apparently his cleaners threw it in the bin before he'd even seen it :cry2:

:console: Awww, that REALLY sucks! The cleaner sucks! But at least he knows you sent it :smile:

How does he know they threw it out? Perhaps it's not reached him yet? :smile:
Original post by jeh_jeh
My mum's flight landed on Sunday, and she was outraged that she couldn't get any milk for coffee (she brought sachets of Nescafé over with her!)! Made me giggle. :p:

I'm not sure about her guilt, either. I mean, the British press are going to be on the prosecution's side, for obvious reasons, and so are the Italians, really - they probably want to rid themselves of the case as soon as possible! Also, if you go onto the Daily Mail's website, there's an article about today's court session and an aerial photograph of the courtroom - you might find yourself. :p:

The journey was just long. We also discovered that Switzerland is VERY expensive - they charged us CHF 8 for a bottle of water, which is about £6! I've got an ear infection, too, and we shelled out 10€ for an unbranded packet of ibuprofen! But, no, Interpol didn't find us. :colondollar:

:rofl: trying to get anything here on a sunday is impossible :tongue: although, last sunday I did manage to find a cafe that would sell me a cake and a bottle of water :awesome:

Yehh exactly... im so on the fence its unreal... but i was talking to this FBI guy and he said the second she gets acquitted she has to leave the country cos after 90 days they could potentially stop her... apparently america will welcome her back though, fair play to them :smile:

Nahh im not there im a little behind the people in the bottom right hand corner (as was amandas dad... literally like 5ft away from me!)

Ouchhhh thats sooo expensive!! So glad Italys cheap :biggrin: :hugs: for the ear infection too! You seem to get them a lot :sad:
Original post by Stray_talk
How does he know they threw it out? Perhaps it's not reached him yet? :smile:

Nahh apparently he said to his flatmate today that he thought it was odd hed had no post, and he was like no, you had a postcard like 3 days ago, it was on the side in the kitchen... apparently they binned other peoples post too :frown: I was so excited for him to get it, it was only little but I know he'd have loved it :frown:

Original post by Revent
:console: Awww, that REALLY sucks! The cleaner sucks! But at least he knows you sent it :smile:

I know but I really wanted him to have something nice to keep him going for the next week :frown:
Reply 590
:rofl: trying to get anything here on a sunday is impossible :tongue: although, last sunday I did manage to find a cafe that would sell me a cake and a bottle of water :awesome:

Yehh exactly... im so on the fence its unreal... but i was talking to this FBI guy and he said the second she gets acquitted she has to leave the country cos after 90 days they could potentially stop her... apparently america will welcome her back though, fair play to them :smile:

Nahh im not there im a little behind the people in the bottom right hand corner (as was amandas dad... literally like 5ft away from me!)

Ouchhhh thats sooo expensive!! So glad Italys cheap :biggrin: :hugs: for the ear infection too! You seem to get them a lot :sad:

Oh, nice one!

I can't really imagine her hanging around in Italy if she gets acquitted - sure she's seen enough of Italy (prisons, at least) to last her a lifetime!

Oh, wow, that must have been so surreal!

No, I know, everything was so expensive. This is the second time I've been prescribed antibiotics for my ears this year. The doctors don't really seem interested in finding out what's wrong, either - they just seem to want to give me stuff to fix it. :frown:
One of my friends was at the Knox's thing today as well!
Original post by Sephrenia
One of my friends was at the Knox's thing today as well!

Really? :awesome: what did he/she think?
Original post by Revent
Oh awesome! :smile: You're a medic. I know who to go to for help now :p:

Applying to Oxford, Imperial, Barts and probably Liverpool.
However, if I do bad in the UKCAT which is VERY likely, I'm going to change Barts to either UCL or Bristol.

Oh also, where is the medicine forum? :colondollar:

Yep, I'm pretty busy but I'm one of your medicine mods so I'll always try to help out when I can :smile:

Assuming you're an undergrad then you only need 600 average in order to apply to Barts and the London this year :wink:
If you get less than that then don't replace it with UCL.. 3 BMAT uni's is a big risk :erm:

Good luck tomorrow and let me know how it goes :h:

Medicine forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=195

Original post by jeh_jeh
A second year at Birmingham (and my sister's a first year there, so weirdly he sees her more than I do!); so luckily we're not that long-distance (I joined when I was living in Italy), but in some respects it makes it worse because while I could probably ask him to cut down on work for a weekend if it was the only time I could see him in a two month period, for example, I see him much more frequently than that. :p: That said, I'm a finalist this year and term starts on Monday, and I want to either do a Masters or score some work experience so I'll probably be working hard, too. It's just a bit weird because he's already in lectures, and I am natural born worrier!

_____

In other news, I could be moving back to Italy after graduation. My Dad could potentially be securing me some work experience with another company. :s-smilie: And while this is an amazing opportunity, I'm not relishing the thought of another year of international long-distance. :frown:

That's a bit odd but awesome too since you get to visit your sister at the same time you see the boy :awesome:
Where abouts are you then? And you do know you can change the location shown if you wanted..

What are you worrying about though? :dontknow:

:console:
Sucks.. those cleaners need a good finger-shaking :naughty:

Really? :awesome: what did he/she think?

I have nooo idea xD I only know cos of facebook =D
Original post by Sephrenia
I have nooo idea xD I only know cos of facebook =D

Cool :biggrin: they here on erasmus too?
Reply 596

That's a bit odd but awesome too since you get to visit your sister at the same time you see the boy :awesome:
Where abouts are you then? And you do know you can change the location shown if you wanted..

What are you worrying about though? :dontknow:

But they just talk about medical things when they're together. :p: It's nice they get on well, though!

Ah, sorry, yeah, I'm at Warwick during term (final year, sob!) and Staffs during the holidays. The boy's in Cheshire during the holidays so it's only an hour on the M6. I'm just lazy, hence the location. :p:

He had a few problems during his first year (he re-sat the whole year last year) and now he's getting busy I'm worrying a) that he's not going to have time to see me and b) that he's going to run into problems again like first year, although right now he seems to be coping well. I just worry, to be honest.
Put myself in a terrible mood thinking about how much I hate being apart from Ben.
Not seeing an end in sight is more than frustrating.
Original post by jeh_jeh
But they just talk about medical things when they're together. :p: It's nice they get on well, though!

Ah, sorry, yeah, I'm at Warwick during term (final year, sob!) and Staffs during the holidays. The boy's in Cheshire during the holidays so it's only an hour on the M6. I'm just lazy, hence the location. :p:

He had a few problems during his first year (he re-sat the whole year last year) and now he's getting busy I'm worrying a) that he's not going to have time to see me
and b) that he's going to run into problems again like first year, although right now he seems to be coping well. I just worry, to be honest.

Oh is she doing medicine too? Such a small world in that case then!

Ah right, that makes sense now but at least that isn't too far :nah:

I think every gf in a LDR has that irrationality.. but shame there isn't a lot that can be done about that is there :erm:
I guess you're just programmed to worry and we'll just have to make sure you don't worry too much :console:
I'm sure he'll be fine and he probably has a better idea of what he needs to do in order to do well this year :smile:
Reply 599
Oh is she doing medicine too? Such a small world in that case then!

Ah right, that makes sense now but at least that isn't too far :nah:

I think every gf in a LDR has that irrationality.. but shame there isn't a lot that can be done about that is there :erm:
I guess you're just programmed to worry and we'll just have to make sure you don't worry too much :console:
I'm sure he'll be fine and he probably has a better idea of what he needs to do in order to do well this year :smile:

Yeah, she's a fresher!

Nope, could be worse!

And I know. It's so annoying because I'm usually not like that, it's just started happening. But, yeah, I am the world's biggest worrier! He definitely has a a better idea of what needs to be done - he's working much harder... I just hope he doesn't burn himself out. :erm:

Latest