The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haha, hate it when that happens Stray - even worse if you wake up and think you've missed an exam then realise you graduated 4 months ago!

Sooooooo don't feel like working today, but there's a mess in the dispensary due to all our work yesterday after hours so we've no choice but to finish sorting it out! Hopefully start at 9am and finish around 4 or something. Lots to do. Taking my camera so I can take photos of the difference between now and later today :smile:
Original post by Danielle89

Original post by Danielle89
Haha, hate it when that happens Stray - even worse if you wake up and think you've missed an exam then realise you graduated 4 months ago!

Sooooooo don't feel like working today, but there's a mess in the dispensary due to all our work yesterday after hours so we've no choice but to finish sorting it out! Hopefully start at 9am and finish around 4 or something. Lots to do. Taking my camera so I can take photos of the difference between now and later today :smile:

Hah, that must be quite funny to look back over :tongue:
I think it's worse when you wake up and realise that you do only have 10 minutes to get out the door!

Hope you have a quick day today, Danielle!!
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
That feeling when you're at a fancy do where couples are dancing and you really really miss your other half :sad:

That said had a great end to freshers events, but can not wait to see the gf soon :love:

5 days, 7 and a half hours
Rainbow - so glad youre getting so much closer to them. Its always great when you get on with the boys fam :biggrin:

PSQ - :hugs: I hate that! but you'll get to see her soon!

Stray - I do that alllllll the time :tongue: very annoying (but nice when you realise you can go back to sleep!)

Danielle - Hope you manage to get it all done quickly :smile:

GEG - :woo: loving the hourly countdown too :biggrin:
How are you today Jelly?

I am off to the gym now. The boy is out and I don't have plans (but cleaning and studying, so nothing exciting :wink: ) so I decided to do half an hour of cardio first and then a bit of swimming and sauna afterwards.
Oh have fun in the gym! I miss going, esp the sauna part! I used to be tempted to go just to use the sauna :biggrin:

Honestly, today i'm fantastic thank you :biggrin: Couldn't be happier! My ex is out of my life, I have the most amazing boy who I get to see in 5 days, the sun is shining and I'm going shopping in a bit :biggrin: :woo:
(edited 12 years ago)
Glad to hear you are doing so well today!

I am often too lazy to go but I really should use the last year of close and cheap gym-ing! I don't often go now but I know I will miss it next year :wink:

We only have one little sauna and one steam room but I quite like to do them after swimming. I hope it won't make me too tired as I am going out tonight!
Quite in the mood for it today though and really looking forward to it.

I have also signed up to a dance class and everyone there seemed more experienced and so skinny! They are putting on a show next year. We were told to wear leggins but I am too embarrassed :frown: So some exercise is really in order I think! Might help with the motivation
Original post by Jellybean91

Oh have fun in the gym! I miss going, esp the sauna part! I used to be tempted to go just to use the sauna :biggrin:

Honestly, today i'm fantastic thank you :biggrin: Couldn't be happier! My ex is out of my life, I have the most amazing boy who I get to see in 5 days, the sun is shining and I'm going shopping in a bit :biggrin: :woo:

Yay :biggrin: I hope you stay this way foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:
Buecher - :hugs: I'm sure everyone else is thinking the same thing, but i bet you'll get there and love it :biggrin: and it'll def be a good motivator :smile:

Stray - Thanks :biggrin: me too :teehee: How are you today? Feeling any better?
I am thank you, although I did have a dream where Ben left me for someone else. I have an awful lot dreams that if they involve him, he's running away from me somehow! :lol:
I am ridiculously happy to have discovered on Spotify that there's a Downton Abbey album :dance:
Original post by Stray_talk

I am ridiculously happy to have discovered on Spotify that there's a Downton Abbey album :dance:

This is VERY exciting. Downton Abbey :love:
Reply 791
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];34287143']When you're irritated, come and rant on here first. If it's still bugging you later, then it's something to talk to her about, but I can't remember the number of times that ranting on here has stopped me flipping out at the not over stupid, irrelevent things.

Good luck with your BMAT :smile: My brother is applying for medicine this year as well, he's got his UKCAT on Monday.

Haha, thanks, may do that :p: Although we generally like to keep everything between us and talk to each other about everything.

Thanks!!! :biggrin: Good luck to your bro as well :smile:
Listening to radio 1 :woo: loving it! How sad is it that i'm excited for english radio? :tongue:
Reply 793
Listening to radio 1 :woo: loving it! How sad is it that i'm excited for english radio? :tongue:

Talking of English stuff, did you ever manage to get your VPN to work?

But don't feel sad, I was exactly the same... I missed my local radio SO much, and the BBC, of course!

Bleeeugh. Came to the boy's for the weekend because uni people weren't being very forthcoming with plans/whether they'd be back before Monday, and then I got a text on Friday evening inviting me to the pub. :frown: I had such a dilemma about where to go this weekend, and only chose the boy's because my house has no internet for him to do work. I barely see them as it is. :frown: I just feel like it's a massive wasted opportunity. :frown:
Original post by jeh_jeh
Talking of English stuff, did you ever manage to get your VPN to work?

But don't feel sad, I was exactly the same... I missed my local radio SO much, and the BBC, of course!

Bleeeugh. Came to the boy's for the weekend because uni people weren't being very forthcoming with plans/whether they'd be back before Monday, and then I got a text on Friday evening inviting me to the pub. :frown: I had such a dilemma about where to go this weekend, and only chose the boy's because my house has no internet for him to do work. I barely see them as it is. :frown: I just feel like it's a massive wasted opportunity. :frown:

Nahh havent had time yet! I keep meaning to ask my stepdad!

Haha yeh I really miss it but not as much as I thought I would tbh!

Ahhhh :hugs: that really sucks! Maybe invite them all to the pub when you get back? :smile:
Hey everyone, glad everybody is enjoying the sun :smile: and glad it's all settled down on here a bit - was reading the craziness that happened with Lizz and glad it is all done and dusted and we can all be happy again!

I'm a little annoyed because I haven't heard a peep from the boy all day and it's nearly half past four.. I decided to leave 'the ball in his court' today because I felt like I was doing all the running, and I guess I have been proved right :frown: it doesn't take much to send a 'good morning' text does it?! He also warned me before we started this whole LDR thing a week ago that he thought it'd be '70-30' in terms of the effort we would make with this.. with 70% being me.

He hasn't had a girlfriend before so I understand that he is uncertain and likes me to take the lead.. but I haven't been in an LDR before either and he seems to use the whole 'I'm not used to a relationship' thing as an excuse sometimes!

But then, I feel I'm being overly clingy.. it's just because this is all new to us, and so I don't know what the normal way to behave in an LDR is.. I just think if we can't physically see each other then we have to compensate with more communication (even just a quick text!)

Bah, sorry for the ranting, especially when it's so sunny..

Am I being a little clingy here or is that reasonable?
:shock: my step sister just messaged me to say shes getting married :biggrin: :woo: :dance: sooooo excited! And very excited for the new dress that will obviously have to be bought now :wink:
:shock: my step sister just messaged me to say shes getting married :biggrin: :woo: :dance: sooooo excited! And very excited for the new dress that will obviously have to be bought now :wink:

YAY!

I just bought: http://www.karenmillen.com/Folded-stretch-strapless-dress/Dresses/karenmillen/fcp-product/903000056467
cos this Christmas my Dad and bro are having a joint 50th/21st party :yep:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

YAY!

I just bought: http://www.karenmillen.com/Folded-stretch-strapless-dress/Dresses/karenmillen/fcp-product/903000056467

Well that is sexy! Meow, you'll stop a few people in their tracks in that!

Original post by lazzyfuzzylou

Original post by lazzyfuzzylou
Hey everyone, glad everybody is enjoying the sun :smile: and glad it's all settled down on here a bit - was reading the craziness that happened with Lizz and glad it is all done and dusted and we can all be happy again!

I'm a little annoyed because I haven't heard a peep from the boy all day and it's nearly half past four.. I decided to leave 'the ball in his court' today because I felt like I was doing all the running, and I guess I have been proved right :frown: it doesn't take much to send a 'good morning' text does it?! He also warned me before we started this whole LDR thing a week ago that he thought it'd be '70-30' in terms of the effort we would make with this.. with 70% being me.

He hasn't had a girlfriend before so I understand that he is uncertain and likes me to take the lead.. but I haven't been in an LDR before either and he seems to use the whole 'I'm not used to a relationship' thing as an excuse sometimes!

But then, I feel I'm being overly clingy.. it's just because this is all new to us, and so I don't know what the normal way to behave in an LDR is.. I just think if we can't physically see each other then we have to compensate with more communication (even just a quick text!)

Bah, sorry for the ranting, especially when it's so sunny..

Am I being a little clingy here or is that reasonable?

I hate when people do that...even if he's not had a girlfriend that's no excuse. It's kind of obvious that contact is an important thing especially in an LDR.
Maybe mention it to him in a non-confrontational way. Let him know that it bugs you and makes you feel a little unwanted. Fair enough if you've mentioned it everyday for as long as you've been together but if it's a one time thing, I think you're well within your rights. I know that Ben and I contact each other everyday, even if it's only a quick text. I think most people in this soc have contact everyday with their other half. Wake him up a little!
(edited 12 years ago)
YAY!

:drool:

Latest