The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*megayawn*
No idea what time people actually left, but it was at least 1am before I was able to get to sleep. I thought they were only here to pre-drink before going to Studio, but I think some of them didn't make it there in the end. There are two girls on the sofa downstairs.

Going to go into town after my lecture and buy stuff for the boy's anniversary card/present. I'm also probably going to treat myself to some stuff. I really shouldn't, because I've spent way too much money in the two weeks, but I'm in the mood to buy pretty things.
That's good to hear about the maths test Katie! Really nervous about it!

Went out with PGCE people last night, was pretty good! Up early coz the bf had work, and now I'm staying up to book Stereophonics tickets, then back to bed.

Emily, I'm Hannah on FB, although you could probably work that one out anyway :p:
Reply 1382
Original post by hbandtr4eva
I'm really scared to go into work today, been up since half 5 worrying about it. I'm covering for a colleague on the locum desk, which means I'm sorting out cover for all shifts that need it. One department never ask for cover the way they should, they just ring people from agencies up, book them and tell us to pay them. But it turns out that one of the people who has been working for them is from an off-framework agency (the NHS only uses agencies that follow the specifications outlined in the PASA framework so they know they're getting good doctors) which is a big no-no. We can't employ a non-framework locum without permission from the medical director and the department were pressuring me into signing the confirmation sheet for the doctor *without* speaking to the medical director which means I would basically lose my job - it's that much of a big deal... None of my managers were there last night when all this happened so I had to leave it til this morning and now I'm scared what's going to happen when I go in :frown:

If they are going against policy.. tell them that and say if the have a problem they need to go to the managing director and that you are not going to lose your job because they can't follow the rules!
Urgh, writing up evidence as best I can but it seems to take forever. 13 week review is next week, can't believe i've been here that long!
Original post by hbandtr4eva
I'm really scared to go into work today, been up since half 5 worrying about it. I'm covering for a colleague on the locum desk, which means I'm sorting out cover for all shifts that need it. One department never ask for cover the way they should, they just ring people from agencies up, book them and tell us to pay them. But it turns out that one of the people who has been working for them is from an off-framework agency (the NHS only uses agencies that follow the specifications outlined in the PASA framework so they know they're getting good doctors) which is a big no-no. We can't employ a non-framework locum without permission from the medical director and the department were pressuring me into signing the confirmation sheet for the doctor *without* speaking to the medical director which means I would basically lose my job - it's that much of a big deal... None of my managers were there last night when all this happened so I had to leave it til this morning and now I'm scared what's going to happen when I go in :frown:

You'll be fine Kat, just tell the truth.

Guys, im mad, worried and everything all into one. When i moved in with these guys in my house, they all knew about my Emetophobia and agreed not to be sick in the bathroom next to my bedroom.. I can't deal with hearing anyone being sick.. and they promised. I know sometimes it can't be helped, and that evidently was right when i woke up.. They got smashed last night, and one was sick this morning .
The walls are so thin and my rooms positioned so that my head is virtually next to the toilet.. you know?

ah..trying not to panic about it.

To top that i had a rubbish nights sleep, im shattered but can't sleep...and when i can sleep i keep waking up.. :angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by *Interrobang*
You know someone I met on holiday :eek:

Kat - hope today goes alright :smile:

Sabrina - hope the brownies went well! Let me know what they're like. I can send you my gooey recipe too :smile:

Ha ha it's such a small world!

Original post by hannahdaisy
That's good to hear about the maths test Katie! Really nervous about it!

Went out with PGCE people last night, was pretty good! Up early coz the bf had work, and now I'm staying up to book Stereophonics tickets, then back to bed.

Emily, I'm Hannah on FB, although you could probably work that one out anyway :p:

I had indeed worked that out :yep:
OMG!
Going to buy this for mine and marks year anniversary

http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/en/tour/tour
Original post by **CutiePie**
OMG!

Ha ha I've been tempted to buy it for ages...just need to see when my hols are so can book it!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Ha ha I've been tempted to buy it for ages...just need to see when my hols are so can book it!

You can buy the gift one which enables you to book it at a later date.

Woohoo! He'll love it!

Do you reckon its worth £28 PP?

I had indeed worked that out :yep:

It definitely is!
:hugs:

I got to go ice skating at work today :biggrin:
You can buy the gift one which enables you to book it at a later date.

Woohoo! He'll love it!

Do you reckon its worth £28 PP?

Yes! You get to see the great hall :coma:

Mind you, I have Harry Potter related dreams regularly.
OMG!

OMG! Totally dropping not-so-subtle hints to my boy.

Since you people are amazing, I have a question. I want to take my boy away for our anniversary. (11th Nov) Leaving it a little late I know.. But I have no idea what we could do? It has to be in the UK and reasonably cheap. Dates would be max 10 - 14th November, but don't know what time off he can get yet.
Original post by xBeccaxxGOKx

Since you people are amazing, I have a question. I want to take my boy away for our anniversary. (11th Nov) Leaving it a little late I know.. But I have no idea what we could do? It has to be in the UK and reasonably cheap. Dates would be max 10 - 14th November, but don't know what time off he can get yet.

Sorry I dont really have much useful to add here cept to say I like the phrase in your sig :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Looks like my M&S job dilemma has been solved for me. I've been asked to do another week at the high school, and have agreed. I'm still going to phone M&S up tomorrow but I'm assuming the job would be to start immediately, so I won't be able to do it now that I'll be at school. There's more money in teaching/TAing though, and it's more enjoyable so I guess fate has gone and decided for me. :smile:
Reply 1395
Hey guys!
Thats good then Hannah :smile:

You also know the brother of my boyfriend's friend (convoluted, but it's a distinctive surname!) but that's less surprising :p:
Original post by Zoedotdot
You also know the brother of my boyfriend's friend (convoluted, but it's a distinctive surname!) but that's less surprising :p:

Probably a cambridge link :yep:

Go to Endinburgh or the Breacon Becons - lots of good wandering and sights!

Latest