The Student Room Group

Is Portsmouth the Pissed-up Drunken Capital of the World?

What's with all the piss-heads in Portsmouth? Ever been out in that town on a Friday or Saturday night? I never saw so many drunk people in my life! And the women! WTF! Somebody should tell a few of those girls about the evils of John Barleycorn. Lots of pissed-up girls staggering in the streets and throwing-up on your shoes. Not a very pretty picture. Seriously, I've been to Glasgow, Liverpool, Blackpool...you name it, on a weekend night, and I have never seen as much drunkeness and debauchery as I saw in Portsmouth. Sobre up Pompey! And you girls of Portsmouth should lay off the piss. Can't help but wonder how many unwanted pregnancies occur in Portsmouth every year, with so many local girls getting legless blind staggering drunk every night and a Naval base in the heart of town. Sounds like a recipie for disaster to me.
Reply 1
Loud drunken sailors and staggering, stumbling, drunk street hookers...that's Portsmouth in a nutshell. And you thought Blackpool was built on booze and sex!
Reply 2
Where bouts did you go out in Portsmouth?
Reply 3
I don't remember. I was drunk....
Reply 4
No.
Reply 5
Yes, sorry, but I saw this city as nothing but a dreadful, sleazy place built on a sea of booze and cheap sex. Not that there's anything wrong with either, I guess, but it is certainly no place you'd want to settle down and raise kids. Reminded me a lot of New Orleans in that way. Great place to have some cheap fun for a dirty weekend, but would you really want to live there? Too many strip joints and bars advertising how cheap they sell their booze. Hogarth would have loved drawing modern day Portsmouth.
It's a Royal Navy port town with more lap-dancing clubs per square mile than any other city in Britain, what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest