The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
haha, the silence in the air was broken with uzi laughing out loud!
Reply 61
check out the tekken videos on IGN

delicious!

and they have claimed the release date of crisis core to be 6th or 7th of next month!? wtf!? i wish it was true but i cant see it tbh
Reply 62
i miss my psp. i keep wanting to play it, but i left the power cable in france. doh! i tried to bodge one out of a speaker cable and a multi adapter but it didnt do anything. :'(
Reply 63
lol?

erm, thats a bit of a pain but shouldnt be too much of a problem. Can you not just get one of those multi volt adapters for ~£5 from argos? You can change the voltage to lots of different ones and 5V should be on there and you get loads of adapters to fit different sized holes too.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9829701.htm

Bit more than a fiver but it will be worth it.
Reply 64
Cortez
lol?

erm, thats a bit of a pain but shouldnt be too much of a problem. Can you not just get one of those multi volt adapters for ~£5 from argos? You can change the voltage to lots of different ones and 5V should be on there and you get loads of adapters to fit different sized holes too.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9829701.htm

Bit more than a fiver but it will be worth it.

yep i got one but none of the heads fit the psp!?

crazy. the psp must be different to force you to buy a dedicated one.

ill just wait till my dad goes over to france and he'll bring it back.
Reply 65
Here is information on the new PSP version 2.7!!

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has announced the version 2.70 system software update for Japanese PSP (Model PSP-1000). This update is slated for 14:00, April 25, GMT+9:00 (1:00AM, April 25, EDT). Here are the details of this update:

[Network]

* [Internet Browser] now supports Macromedia Flash contents playback.
*You need to enable the Flash contents playback in the [System Settings].
*The version of the flash player is Macromedia Flash Player 6 (a part of the functions is not supported).
* The settings of the [Internet Browser] is added into [Settings] -> [Connection Settings]
* The audio contents from channels in the [RSS Channel] section now can be saved into your memory stick.
* [Auto] option added to [Rate Change] in [Location Free Player].
*More about the Location Free base station can be found [here].

[Music]

* Added file extension to playable AAC format.

[Settings]

* Added [Enable Flash Player] in [System Settings].
*To change this option, you need to connect to the internet.
* "Simplified Chinese" and "Traditional Chinese" added to [System Settings] -> [System Language].
* Added [RSS Channel Settings].
* Added [UMD Video L & R Button] into [Video Settings].

[Others]

* Fixed some issues when using a memory stick with more than 2GB free space.
*This problem has not happened among the memory sticks sold in Japan until April 24.

So, there you got it. And please note that the old warning is still there:

"CAUTION: This update is only for customers who obtained PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) for Japan (PSP-1000 series). Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web Site or other channels . For these customers who obtained PSP® in the other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP® through this web site. There are no guarantee of proper operation of the other PSP®."

You won't void your warranty, but it's not cool to do so in Sony's opinion. ;-)
Reply 66
The update is called "the fire" 'cos its releasing on a tuesday, which is fire in Japanese.
Reply 67
very nice

i wont update. i was stupid enough to ruin my 1.5 with 2.6 and im not about to blow the glimmer of hope that is the gta exploit.
Reply 68
GTA exploit DOES NOT work on 2.7.
Flash is OK - all flash movies ive tried work, flash games i havent tried. Also there is a loco roco game... http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/locoroco/dl/trial_dl.html

It's amazing. Sony is finally allowing game demos to be playable from the memory with their consent. I hope sony releases more game demos like loco roco.

One more thing the internet browser is MUCH faster.
Reply 69
mshar
GTA exploit DOES NOT work on 2.7.
Flash is OK - all flash movies ive tried work, flash games i havent tried. Also there is a loco roco game... http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/locoroco/dl/trial_dl.html

It's amazing. Sony is finally allowing game demos to be playable from the memory with their consent. I hope sony releases more game demos like loco roco.

One more thing the internet browser is MUCH faster.

very nice, ill add some of that to the front page. but i have to go now.

is that loco race an eboot!?

because mmmmmm yeah free demos at last!
Reply 70
ye its an eboot loads from da game section like homebrew on 1.5/1.0. sony did say der bringin out magazines wit free umds with demos like opsm. it wil prob require 2.7 like da new games. r u not gona upgrade wen ps1/2 emulator releases? im now using da psp browser more cos its much faster, in fact im writing this usin da browser.
Reply 71
Ok, Im using a Jap PSP, I dont use Homebrew or anything. I just use the PSP for Games, Video and maybe internet. Should I update???
Reply 72
uzi123
Ok, Im using a Jap PSP, I dont use Homebrew or anything. I just use the PSP for Games, Video and maybe internet. Should I update???

yep

obviously when the ps1 emu comes out i will upgrade

altho if sony (in true sony style) riddle the games with DRM that cripples your ability to use them, store them etc. then i will think twice
Choad
yep

obviously when the ps1 emu comes out i will upgrade

altho if sony (in true sony style) riddle the games with DRM that cripples your ability to use them, store them etc. then i will think twice

just one thing, is it possible at all to "tunnel" the PSP internet connection through the USB cable?
Reply 74
slugonamission
just one thing, is it possible at all to "tunnel" the PSP internet connection through the USB cable?

not normally
Reply 75
slugonamission

No such thing as impossible. There is a method but its just not know to us yet.
mshar
No such thing as impossible. There is a method but its just not know to us yet.

Ive just updated to 2.70, is there ever going to be any english game downloads for the PSP?

Also, how the hell do you get WMA and Flash to work. I keep trying using the college network, but it says something about a DNAS error, or DNAS timeout :frown:
Reply 77
slugonamission
Ive just updated to 2.70, is there ever going to be any english game downloads for the PSP?

Also, how the hell do you get WMA and Flash to work. I keep trying using the college network, but it says something about a DNAS error, or DNAS timeout :frown:

if ur college network is like mine, it will require ****ty active X login

ghey

just wander arround a residential area for 5 minutes pressing scan, i guarantee u will find an unprotected network for a quick activation of those proprietry formats.
Reply 78
Even if you do get the formats, how will u play the flash files apart from load 'em into the mem stik?
Reply 79
mshar
Even if you do get the formats, how will u play the flash files apart from load 'em into the mem stik?

off teh intarweb m8

Latest