The Student Room Group

How many games consoles have you ever had?

ps1 2 an 4

X box

gamecube

psp

Wii

Sega
Well, this is going to be quite the list, if I don't group them up by manufacturer.

Atari (2600 & Lynx)
Sega (Master System, Saturn & Dreamcast)
Sony (PS1, PS3 & PS4)
Nintendo (Wii & 3DS)
Microsoft (Xbox & Xbox 360)
Neo Geo Pocket Colour
ZX Spectrum 48K
Commodore (A500, A1200 and CD32)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Atari and Commodore etc are (CD32 excepted) not strictly games consoles - they are/were home and personal computers.

I've had 6, I think. Master System, Mega Drive; Playstation, Playstation 2; Xbox 360, Xbox One

I also had a couple of old Amigas and an Atari 520 ST, but as I say, with the exception of the CD32, they are not consoles.
(edited 1 year ago)
PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PSP, Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo switch and Xbox 360. So 9 :smile:
Original post by Cloudiii
PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PSP, Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo switch and Xbox 360. So 9 :smile:

And do you have still them all? even the oldest ones? I still own the oldest Nintendo console ever, although I haven't played a game on it decades ago.
Own: Playstation 1 - 5 (Two PS3's), Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U, Gamecube, (Mini) Atari, Dreamcast (own 2 of those for some reason), DS, 3DS, Gameboy

Used to Own: Commodore (I think?), Mega Drive, OG Xbox,

Ngl the collector in me wants to expand :holmes:
Xbox
Xbox 360

PS
PS2
PS3
PS4
PS5
PS Vita

Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy SP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo 3DS (x2)
Nintendo 3DS XL

Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch Lite

20ish?
Not counting PC or mobile, 12 different types.
Original post by 1582
Xbox
Xbox 360

PS
PS2
PS3
PS4
PS5
PS Vita

Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy SP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo 3DS (x2)
Nintendo 3DS XL

Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch Lite

20ish?

Original post by artful_lounger
Not counting PC or mobile, 12 different types.

That is fairly a much. Gameboys counted, but no PC ganes, I am just exactly at 5 cobsoles. Nothing compared to you two.
Original post by Kallisto
That is fairly a much. Gameboys counted, but no PC ganes, I am just exactly at 5 cobsoles. Nothing compared to you two.

To be fair most of these were after I moved out and went to uni...no guessing what I spent any leftover maintenance loan on the first time round :laugh: Although most were also second hand ebay purchases several years after release with one or two exceptions. The only console I've bought even near release is my XB1 :tongue: Far too expensive for my blood...
Original post by artful_lounger
To be fair most of these were after I moved out and went to uni...no guessing what I spent any leftover maintenance loan on the first time round :laugh: Although most were also second hand ebay purchases several years after release with one or two exceptions. The only console I've bought even near release is my XB1 :tongue: Far too expensive for my blood...

The last 'console' I paid was the SNES classic and contains 20 games to play. It is a pity that I own some of these games for the real SNES. :rolleyes: With that little thing it is a half dozen.
PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Gameboy, Gamecube, Wii, Nintendo DS - what I can think of from the top of my head. I've also owned some of these more than once due to selling / switching platforms and then returning (primarily 360 to PS3 to 360 again, then made the upgrade to the One), and my own recklessness as a kid :colondollar:
Reply 12
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Nintendo Switch

PlayStation
PlayStation 2

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Elite

Steamdeck

And four gaming PCs, if they count.
Original post by Avreil
ps1 2 an 4

X box

gamecube

psp

Wii

Sega

Everyone seems to skip PS3 :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by propergoodman
Everyone seems to skip PS3 :frown:

The PS3 was prohibitively expensive on launch though, especially when put side by side with the 360.
Original post by TNGFR
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Nintendo Switch

PlayStation
PlayStation 2

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Elite

Steamdeck

And four gaming PCs, if they count.

Game Boy Pocket and Game Boy Color - the god knows how many hours I played on these consoles. I have still them at home, but not used for years. :redface:
jeez i only ever had a PS1

my parents refuse to buy me anything else

didnt stop me from having gaming addiction tho
Original post by HucktheForde
jeez i only ever had a PS1

my parents refuse to buy me anything else

didnt stop me from having gaming addiction tho

Once people start to play games and got a passion for gaming, it is easy to get addicted. And the number of consoles does not matter.

I remember to have played 7+ hours, friends I had at that time even 12+.

Quick Reply

Latest