The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Choad
off teh intarweb m8

Can you load flash files off the mem stick or is it internet only?

Also, theres no login or anything (and ive only been about to find any type of security on 1 of 4 access points ive found), the internet just works straight off lol, i just get DNAS errors when trying to activate flash or WMA :frown:
Reply 81
lol, sony knows your not using ur own connection!

If you do get the flash enabled, here's a good pack containing flash files and a golf game so you can play it off the memory stick.

JBG Flash Pack

If you know much about HTML you can add your own flash file to the list.
Reply 82
I just bought a PSP v1.5. I intend to use pirated games, cos really that's the only reason I bought it over a DS...Actually, a lot of my friends bought PSPs for this reason. I have like every game released for the PSP already. Now I bet I'll get neg rep just for being a pr0.

BUT what I wanted to know was, is there a larger memory stick than the 2gb one? I've seen one from Datel that's 4gb, but it adds a lot of bulk....
Reply 83
not yet. and yeah, ill neg u when i can
Reply 84
It's the belief that you're a pro that does it for me :wink:
estel
It's the belief that you're a pro that does it for me :wink:

ooo...just found out how to play flash off the mem card

Make a folder on the root of the mem card (i think :s-smilie: ) and call it flash, put .swfs inside it, and then open the web browser and navigate to file:/flash/<yourfile>.swf :biggrin:
Reply 86
Hi guys

I've never been in this forum before so please be nice :wink:

Basically, I know s*d all about computers and consoles so need a bit of advice. I've come into possession of a PSP (1000 it says, if that means anything), imported from Japan methinks by the look of the box and the booklet thingy. Its brand new, unused, in the box, and all the bits inside are sealed. From the looks of it, the pack consists of: console, adaptor, battery and 2 in 1 multi cable (am guessing thats a charger too). Although it has another lead in there and a plug, which might be the charger. Sorry, I really am clueless.

Anywho, I want rid. I'm thinking maybe putting posters round campus, see if anyone wants it. Any idea what I could get for it?

x
Reply 87
"Come into possession of"? ^^ I won't ask :smile:

Erm... Japanese original model then... perhaps somewhere in the region of £100. Maybe a bit more.
Reply 88
Ha ha, yes I can see how that might sound slightly dodgy... :p:

No really, its all perfectly above board. My friend ordered 2 off the net by mistake (don't ask!) and is going away for a bit. I, feeling nice, said I'd get rid of one for him as I had a friend interested. However, now friend number 2 is claiming they're skint and I'm gonna have to advertise round uni or something (can't be doing with e-bay).

Hmm, 100, was hoping for about 120. Will have to do though!
Reply 89
Don't take my one word for it; I haven't looked into it in sufficient detail. Wait for some (more informed, no doubt) word on it :wink:
£120 you could do, just offer it for £130 ono, and make sure that whilst you advertise it as a Japanese one, you allay any fears about compatibility (as in, all UK games will work, as will all films brought here).
Reply 90
if its version 2.0 or less you could probably blag someone its worth a bit more than the average because you can play homebrew

i would probably be prepared to pay arround 150+ for a sealed unused console that is guaranteed 2.0 or less
Reply 91
Brilliant, thankyou, I'll give that a try. One more quick question - what are the names of the components that come with it? Am I right in what I said a couple of posts above? I don't want to sound like an idiot when I say 'pack includes...' :redface:

x
Reply 92
Its version 2.01, dammit.
Reply 93
Never mind about the version, I'm thinking it's a gigapack. Does it come with a little see through stand and a 1gb memory stick? If so i'll buy it off you for 160! Also, is it white/black?
Reply 94
No, I can't see a stand at all. Don't think its the gigapack :frown:
Reply 95
in the value pack you get a

psp console
charger
memory stick (32mb)
soft case
hand strap (ugly pos)

in giga you get value plus
memory stick (1 gb)
stand
usb connector

afaik
Reply 96
in the value pack you get a

psp console
charger
memory stick (32mb)
soft case
hand strap (ugly pos)

in giga you get value plus
memory stick (1 gb)
stand
usb connector

afaik
Reply 97
I bought two japanese v1.5 giga packs for £320ish.
Reply 98
Hmm, I don't think its either of those to be honest. Its definitely not the Giga pack, but it doesn't have the case etc neither. I think its just a standard, basic pack.
Reply 99
ahhhh yeah they did release a budget thing.... never knew what was in it tho. i think it had the console and charger and that was it....

Latest