The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do politics as and a2 in one year?

Just wondering if anyone would know if it would be possible to do as and a2 politics in one year? I would only be doing one more a level with it as it would be my third year so there would be pleanty of time for lessons and revisions
Reply 1
I would say so yeah. If you're up to date with politics anyway, relatively bright and have plenty of time I'm sure you could. Perhaps if you did January entry for the AS and June for the A2? :smile:
Reply 2
100% possible! I have a friend who is currently re-doing Year 13 after he scraped through AS but nailed A2. So he's going back and doing his AS Levels. He's doing Year 12 Sociology and. But also Year 13 Politics to make up his schedule.

The Politics course is usually fairly straight-forward in that it doesn't really require the work learnt in Year 12 to do Year 13. It's British Politics in Year 12 and American Politics in Year 13. You can learn both at the same time but I imagine it's a bit of a mind ****.

Good luck anyway!
Reply 3
I asked if I could do this and teachers were okay with it but i'd only advise you to do this if you really need it. :smile:
A friend do as and a2 classics and got an A*, I know it's not politics but I guess it can be done :smile:
Easily, especially if you keep up to date and have basic understanding.
Reply 6
yeah definately
Reply 7
yes it is very possible, i re-did my as politics during a2 twice lol! but yeahh its quite straightforward if you have the textbooks and revision guides! i got an A* in the end soo yeahh, its very possible, it does get a bit overwhelming and confusing during revision but overall i'd say it is very possible! i would say though, if you dont have to then you shouldnt because it is **** loads of work! i gave up a social life and all cos i really had massive amounts of revision and work to do.
Original post by Aled92
100% possible! I have a friend who is currently re-doing Year 13 after he scraped through AS but nailed A2. So he's going back and doing his AS Levels. He's doing Year 12 Sociology and. But also Year 13 Politics to make up his schedule.

The Politics course is usually fairly straight-forward in that it doesn't really require the work learnt in Year 12 to do Year 13. It's British Politics in Year 12 and American Politics in Year 13. You can learn both at the same time but I imagine it's a bit of a mind ****.

Good luck anyway!

No it isn't. It depends on which strand the OP is taking.
Reply 9
Yep it just might be a bit confusing doing both at once! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending