The Student Room Group

What's the hardest thing in Edexcel C1 Maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skeptical_john
I was looking at them, I'm not sure if they are for the old specification though? They were published around 2005-2006.

The only Edexcel modules that have changed since 2004 are the FPs and Ds.
For me, personally, it is probably arithmetic sequence.
Trig and anything involving graphs
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
My mum's booked me a tutor for tomorrow even though I've had one lesson of maths so far :facepalm:

So I figured I'd ask her to teach me something from further along in the syllabus.

What's the hardest part of C1 (edexcell) maths?

writing your name on the paper
If anyone is interested I've received the Alpha workbooks.

They look very good and focused on what you need for each exam. For people like me who are self-learning a-level maths I think they are worth it.
Reply 45

They look very good and focused on what you need for each exam. For people like me who are self-learn

I have received them too! They look great!
[QUOTE="WahidaR;62874707"]

They look very good and focused on what you need for each exam. For people like me who are self-learn

I have received them too! They look great!

Yea it's interesting that such useful books don't seem available on amazon or other bookstores. You would never find out about them if not for trawling forums.
You can get some nasty coordinate geometry questions, nasty numbers with arithmetic series questions and weird factorisation questions.

That's about it.
Reply 48
[QUOTE="skeptical_john;62876371"]
Original post by WahidaR

Yea it's interesting that such useful books don't seem available on amazon or other bookstores. You would never find out about them if not for trawling forums.

Most funny thing is that teachers never recommend the good books such as alpha or cgp lol. All they talk about is the large textbooks
Reply 49
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
My mum's booked me a tutor for tomorrow even though I've had one lesson of maths so far :facepalm:

So I figured I'd ask her to teach me something from further along in the syllabus.

What's the hardest part of C1 (edexcell) maths?

For me it was the lack of calculator. Let's just say my mental arithmetic isn't the best :innocent:

Spoiler

Nonetheless! It is entirely possible to do great in C1 and not know your times tables. The questions are pretty repetitive and become predictable, you'll be fine if even I managed to get 100% :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest