The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biol4 January 2012 pre- exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kimi93
88 ums, 66 raw marks :smile: A

can some please explain why it says 54 raw marks for an A* online?

You can only get an A* at the end of the year when all of your UMS scores add together from all 6 units.
Reply 2401
Original post by Heyimdec
You can only get an A* at the end of the year when all of your UMS scores add together from all 6 units.

But 54 raw marks is required from this unit?
Original post by Sockhead
Got a D, expect a B/A the amount of effort I put into that -.-

Congrats guys!

Same, I could draw all the stages of respiration and the reactions of photosynthesis perfectly and answer almost any question. Came out with 58 :/ D.
Reply 2403
Original post by kimi93
But 54 raw marks is required from this unit?

If you had 66 in raw marks that would equate to 100UMS. Where did you get your raw mark result from?
Original post by Cryptorchid306
Same, I could draw all the stages of respiration and the reactions of photosynthesis perfectly and answer almost any question. Came out with 58 :/ D.

:frown: At least we aren't alone
I got 58 too ironically!
Reply 2405
I got an A expected a C.. cant believe it! although i have to resit the A2 Isa and possibly the AS Isa again after tomorrows exam! AAAAAAAhh im so bad at ISAs..
Got a D, expect a B/A the amount of effort I put into that -.-

Congrats guys!

Original post by Cryptorchid306

:frown: At least we aren't alone
I got 58 too ironically!

i got 58 too!!!! arghh call me a conspiracy theorist but i reckon AQA has rigged it....

its more than just a coincidence.
Can someone give me a link to the unofficial mark scheme we did?

Cheers ! :biggrin:
Original post by NinjaRikki
x

How did you do?
Hi could u tell me if I got 83 UMS... would that be an A* or an A??
Reply 2410
Original post by Smiley Face :)
Hi could u tell me if I got 83 UMS... would that be an A* or an A??

A :smile:
I got an A :smile: 90% of the paper, totally pleased with myself :biggrin:
Original post by Granger
I got an A expected a C.. cant believe it! although i have to resit the A2 Isa and possibly the AS Isa again after tomorrows exam! AAAAAAAhh im so bad at ISAs..

I was exactly the same. I was sure I was going to have to resit it, then got 93 UMS. genuinely thought I had been given the wrong sheet! Re-siting my ISA as well... apparently you can do coursework instead of ISAs which i probably would have rather done...
Original post by myyrh
A :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 2414
Original post by myyrh
If you had 66 in raw marks that would equate to 100UMS. Where did you get your raw mark result from?

I thought UMS was a percentage since it's out of 100. So i calculated 88% of 75.
Got an A!

NO JOKE ITS PARTLY THANKS TO THIS THREAD!

Love 'yall
Reply 2416
Original post by kimi93
I thought UMS was a percentage since it's out of 100. So i calculated 88% of 75.

No UMS is not the percentage of raw marks you have obtained. when looking at just UMS, percentage does translate into what grade it is e.g 80/100ums =80% which is the boundary for an A. UMS doesn't change but the grade boundaries for each exam does depending on the difficulty. This exam for instance, you needed 50/75 to get 80ums and 54/75 to get 90ums. You got 53/75 in raw marks :smile:.
Put in the details of the exam in the link below to see how the conversion works out http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/
Reply 2417
Original post by James A
i got 58 too!!!! arghh call me a conspiracy theorist but i reckon AQA has rigged it....

its more than just a coincidence.

This has happened to so many people in my school, myself included. A* students came out with Cs and Ds. :/ Something is afoot. :P At least we all get free remarks. :wink:
Original post by Elzie
This has happened to so many people in my school, myself included. A* students came out with Cs and Ds. :/ Something is afoot. :P At least we all get free remarks. :wink:

I agree I really cant believe that I only got 65. Cant afford a remark or the script so all I can do is resit. I hate being poor.
Reply 2419
Original post by myyrh
No UMS is not the percentage of raw marks you have obtained. when looking at just UMS, percentage does translate into what grade it is e.g 80/100ums =80% which is the boundary for an A. UMS doesn't change but the grade boundaries for each exam does depending on the difficulty. This exam for instance, you needed 50/75 to get 80ums and 54/75 to get 90ums. You got 53/75 in raw marks :smile:.
Put in the details of the exam in the link below to see how the conversion works out http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/

That makes more sense haha thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending