The Student Room Group
Arden University

Refused enrolment because of my provisional statement of results

Hi everyone
I have a few questions to ask but first I will explain my educational background. I have completed my GCSEs in 2021 and passed my A levels in May/June 2023 at a Coventry exam centre. I have studied my A levels at The National Extension College ( widely recognised in online learning). After receiving my A level grades with success on the 17th August 2023, I began to look for an online university that proposed a bachelor in accounting and finance and found two online universities that proposed this bachelor. I therefore contacted Arden and sent them all the entry documents they required, my GCSEs and A level results. I have sent them my A level Provisional statement of results ( document received by all the students in UK before receiving the final certificate) but they seem to discredit my provisional statement of results saying that it is not sufficient a proof of my passing my a-levels. I have contacted The National extension college and my exam centre in Coventry and they both confirmed that my Provisional statement of results is completely valid. The Arden University has also contacted my exam centre and their discussion amounted to nothing. Arden university has again emailed me asking me to contact AQA and EDEXCEL directly by email to request my certificates or a statement of results that isn’t provisional, which evidently is impossible since certificates are released in November and my statement of results will remain provisional as the certificates are the final statement of results since they cannot be changed or my grades can’t be revoked.
Please can someone enlighten me and help me as I am at a standstill. I refuse to start the course in January as I have important plans for next year in summer so starting in January would comprise my plans !!!!!!
What can I do ?
Reply 1
Hi there

I can't comment on your provisional results but just to let you know that if you start in January, you can still take the summer off as you pick the study periods (there are 4 a year) you want to study, so if you don't release any modules in the summer period (it's not automatic, you have to do this manually) then you don't need to study over the summer.
Arden University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending