The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biol4 January 2012 pre- exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rahmeh.

Original post by Rahmeh.
Lol guys i think we should ignore immature people like that and keep up the hard work.
Some people just have no respect

They dont have the communication skills to do well in life.. its there problem!
Original post by The King Boss

yeah f.uck off mate aint no mans messin with kingsley 'the boss' mitchell you get me? one more word out of you and i'll get the mandem knockin on your door and do you in

"Kingsley 'the boss' mitchell" on "student forums" starting fights with "kids" over an "exam"?

Thats just hilarious!

yeah yeah good one jayeshchhaya looks like you dont have the ****in grammar skills to do well in life you melt (their problem you nob)

Its a student forum... ! I dont think people are sad enough to study my grammar skills.... OH WAIT you just did....
Reply 983
I just saw a mark scheme which said 'excess plants exceed the supply of minerals'

Could you use nutrients or maybe named nutrients e.g nitrates instead of mineral in this context (it was about leeching)
Reply 984
what does it mean if a gene isn't located on the X chromosome?

is it to do with XY
Reply 985
Original post by rss.914
what does it mean if a gene isn't located on the X chromosome?

is it to do with XY

If it is not located on the x chromosome then that means the gene isnt sex linked. So its like a normal gene with two or more alleles which are either dominant, recessive or codominant :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by namzy01
If it is not located on the x chromosome then that means the gene isnt sex linked. So its like a normal gene with two or more alleles which are either dominant, recessive or codominant :smile:

ohhh thanks.. i got abit confused by a question on the jan 11 paperr
Everyone ready for this exam? :biggrin:
Confused with genetics :frown:
How would you know if somethings sexlinked, or what the geneotype of something is?
I'm sooooooooooooo scared :frown:
Reply 990
Cant wait to get this over and done with.
Original post by Granger
Cant wait to get this over and done with.

Hear hear!! :biggrin:
Reply 992
I'm sooo bloody scared! I feel unprepared even though i've covered everything, just haven't done a lot of past papers yet :s-smilie: eeek
Reply 993
I still have 4 legacy papers to get through :frown:
Original post by fairycakeRachel
Confused with genetics :frown:
How would you know if somethings sexlinked, or what the geneotype of something is?

If the allele is on the X chromosome it is sex linked, if not then no. I think beacuse the Y chromosome is not the same size, so the child getting the 'disease' depends if its on the X chromosome. I think thats what it is. IF it isnt somebody please correct me :biggrin:
Original post by sachinisgod

Original post by sachinisgod
If the allele is on the X chromosome it is sex linked, if not then no. I think beacuse the Y chromosome is not the same size, so the child getting the 'disease' depends if its on the X chromosome. I think thats what it is. IF it isnt somebody please correct me :biggrin:

Sex-linked just means the allele is on a sex chromosome (X or Y).
Reply 996
im 15 you dumb prick younger than yu but ill still do yu in in a second

15? Oh because it says on your profile you're 17? Get lost. This is a forum for a biology exam not you're opinion.
Reply 997
Someone link me june 2011 paper and MS please?
Can't believe this exam is tomorrow.. Do you think anything about ecological pyramids will come up? I haven't seen them for a while. Also, can anyone summarise anaerobic respiration? Finding it hard to make it concise..
Original post by JesusIsMyHomeboy

I have a feeling ratios will be on this paper..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending