The Student Room Group

How to react when your parents find things in your room they shouldn't be finding?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rananagirl
My parents come into my room but I don't think they'd ever go through my things...

I certainly hope not. My dad would probably throw me out. :lolwut:

There was this one awkward time when I ordered handcuffs and my dad beat me to the mail and opened the package by accident because we have the same initials. :facepalm:

My mum decided to open my mail as well, because we have the same initials. She claims it was a genuine accident, but she's scarred for life now. That'll teach her :colone:
Original post by kerily
The adjective 'god-awful' was in there for a reason, I'm afraid :tongue: If there is an age at which one really should not write fiction, poetry, a blog, or indeed anything, it's 13!

Oh I was looking forward to that :frown:

My sister likes to write and she doesn't let me read her stories anymore... :afraid:
Original post by MyJunkIsYou
What about when you accidently find things in your parent's room you shouldn't be finding :s-smilie:...

I found a catalouge in my dads bedroom for sex toys when I was younger. I didn't tell him though, I just hid under the bed because I thought he would be angry I found his sexbook.
Original post by izzaha
off topic...

your sig hypnotizes me :colone:
(im a girl btw)

It does the same to me... awkward :s-smilie:
Reply 43
Since people here are telling all:

Ice bong, 'used' tissues, unused condoms (wouldn't dare have sex at home because my parents are very conservative, which is why its embarassing, but didn't bother to throw them out after uni).
Reply 44
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Like butt plugs and dildos if you're a guy?

Yes, mirin.

Are you going to let me use them on you? Please say yes.
Reply 45
Original post by Lewroll
Anything embarassing I have is on my computer and my parents are noobs so they don't know how to use them. I am safe. If I did have something they could find however, I would use the classic 'I'm looking after it for a friend' :wink:

What about a sex toy? :biggrin:
Original post by kerily
:ahee:

My mother went through my room when I was away (and I had no idea) and found 20 Marlboros, some god-awful diary entries from when I was 13 that I'd forgotten existed, some absolutely god-awful erotica from when I was 13 that I'd forgotten I'd written, two pairs of handcuffs, and various other items of S&M paraphernalia. (This was all hidden - she will have had to go looking, considering a lot of it was actually locked away. With a combination lock. I have no idea how she got into it.)

I decided that I had two options: either to die of shame and not speak to her ever again, or to just pretend it never happened and act like we'd never had that conversation. I went with the latter :wink:

This reminds me, I was once sat in the garden and suddenly a rucksack got thrown over the fence and whoever had thrown it ran off. Anyway I looked in the bag, it contained a manuscript for an erotic novel, we're talking 2 inches of hardcore erotica (I mean I had to read some of it just to know what it was :colondollar:).

I took it into my parents and they didn't believe that it had been thrown over the fence. I was stood there going "what do you think I've been doing, writing an erotic novel in my bedroom and printing it off to send to publishers?" :tongue:

I think my dad ended up handing it in to the Police station, not quite sure what they made of that haha. It had the author's name on it but no other details so we were at a loss of how to return it.
Original post by Rananagirl
My parents come into my room but I don't think they'd ever go through my things...

I certainly hope not. My dad would probably throw me out. :lolwut:

There was this one awkward time when I ordered handcuffs and my dad beat me to the mail and opened the package by accident because we have the same initials. :facepalm:

Why... why did you order handcuffs?

I think there may be an interesting story behind this. Do you care to indulge me? (As for as I'm aware, indulge me means tell me - sort of - I don't mean it to be a sexual word)
I'm pretty sure my mother found my riding crop one day. So what? As an adult, any S&M activity that I may or may not indulge in is perfectly fine.
Those were there when we moved in.
When I was 15 my dad found the neighbours son in my bed. :mmm:
I was downstairs getting ice cream.
Original post by mirin?
Are you going to let me use them on you? Please say yes.

Reply 52
Original post by Fantaisie
When I was 15 my dad found the neighbours son in my bed. :mmm:
I was downstairs getting ice cream.

Did your dad go for a .44 Magnum? :smile:
Original post by viffer
Did your dad go for a .44 Magnum? :smile:

Ha. He actually didn't give a ****.
Somebody must have planted those there... but who...

Original post by Nick Longjohnson

:rofl:
Mum saw my Zyzz and goal bodies folder; basically a folder full of ripped guys.

Now im sure she thinks im gay.
Original post by abc:)
Tbh stuff like that has made me rle comfotable with my mum. She never rooted around but she has occasionally found stuff she wasn't meant to if she went in to tidy or something, and I'm always just honest about stuff. Now I don't have to hide stuff from her I could leave fags or weed or condoms lying around I don't think she'd care. (Maybe she would about the fags, she still does want to protect me!) But the point is I think if you're honest about it it's better than not confronting it and making things awkward.

She wants to protect you but doesnt care about the weed...? :confused:
Reply 58
Original post by Loonylottie
She wants to protect you but doesnt care about the weed...? :confused:

Well she wouldn't encourage it obviously but she knows I'm gonna do some things she wouldn't like. Fags are her limit - she confiscated some off my little sister :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending