The Student Room Group

I hate working

I know the heading may be looking bad but I need some advice, basically I am 16 years old working in Iceland foods. At first I was so excited for my first actual job, however now I hate it because my work times are so bad I have to go there at 7pm and come back at 11pm also manger is rude and top of that I can’t quit because of my parents so now I am just regretting my past I am regretting for applying for this job
Original post by burakakifaras
I know the heading may be looking bad but I need some advice, basically I am 16 years old working in Iceland foods. At first I was so excited for my first actual job, however now I hate it because my work times are so bad I have to go there at 7pm and come back at 11pm also manger is rude and top of that I can’t quit because of my parents so now I am just regretting my past I am regretting for applying for this job

Sorry you not liking the job with Iceland.
Unfortunately you do get horrible staff in some retail shops but not everywhere.

Why don't you look for another job somewhere else like Boots who are usually very accommodating with your working hours or something else in another retail place and then consider leaving Iceland.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2

I think everyone is excited at the first time they start work no matter what age you are.

If you only been working with Iceland for a few weeks then give it some more time to see if you can perhaps like it BUT if you still hate it there then just look for another job working in another retail setting before even thinking about quitting your current job as that way you can at least put it on your CV.

Management and staff can be brilliant in majority of retail work and also you get a few that are unfortunately horrible to everyone who works in that particular shop. I know you shouldn't need to go to work and accept that behaviour but it just how things are, you'll find things out the older you get how people reacts.

Don't let this put you off okay.

Try applying for a job in places like Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Argos, Primark, boots , McDonald's and KFC and then if you are successful in getting another job hand in your notice to Iceland.

Maybe make sure that you are applying for a job with suitable working hours or just work Saturdays and Sundays only and keep during the week free for school work etc.

Team leader and stand in supervisor as required in Tesco.
Reply 3
Original post by Tracey_W

I think everyone is excited at the first time they start work no matter what age you are.

If you only been working with Iceland for a few weeks then give it some more time to see if you can perhaps like it BUT if you still hate it there then just look for another job working in another retail setting before even thinking about quitting your current job as that way you can at least put it on your CV.

Management and staff can be brilliant in majority of retail work and also you get a few that are unfortunately horrible to everyone who works in that particular shop. I know you shouldn't need to go to work and accept that behaviour but it just how things are, you'll find things out the older you get how people reacts.

Don't let this put you off okay.

Try applying for a job in places like Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Argos, Primark, boots , McDonald's and KFC and then if you are successful in getting another job hand in your notice to Iceland.

Maybe make sure that you are applying for a job with suitable working hours or just work Saturdays and Sundays only and keep during the week free for school work etc.

Team leader and stand in supervisor as required in Tesco.

Thank you so much for your response,my contract comes end on 20th of march so I’ll look for some places and if I get hired I’ll quit i guess
Reply 4
Thank you so much for your response,my contract comes end on 20th of march so I’ll look for some places and if I get hired I’ll quit i guess

No worries 🙂🙂🙂
I hope you will find things get better over the coming weeks for you but just turn up and do what you are asked to do each shift and then look forward to finding something better for yourself. Try to have another job lined up for when your contract is up so that you'll can go and start working with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending