The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by SkyBreeze x
Wooo me too! Soooo happy :biggrin: is cov your first choice or are you hoping to go somewhere else?

amazing well done and no northampton would be my frist choice tbh got interview there on wed, but if i dont get an offer from there i will prob put liverpool as first and cov as insurance as i can commute to cov, how about u is it ur first choice? :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by fairyfaye
I got an unconditional from Coventry today :smile:

I had to wait over a month to find out but it was well worth it.

well done :smile: is it ur first choice?
Reply 382
Original post by maddy_93
well done :smile: is it ur first choice?

Thank you!

I live in Coventry, so for that reason it would be my 1st choice. However, I was really impressed with Northampton and I also like the look of UEA. So once i've heard back from them, I'll really have to come to a concrete decision. It's just nice to know that I am definately studying OT in 2012 :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 383
Hiya :smile: has everyone heard from Sheffield Hallam? i feel like im the only one.. :s-smilie:
amazing well done and no northampton would be my frist choice tbh got interview there on wed, but if i dont get an offer from there i will prob put liverpool as first and cov as insurance as i can commute to cov, how about u is it ur first choice? :smile:

Thank you! Ahh I've got an interview at northamPton too on wed :smile: I didn't go to the open day though so not sure what it's like yet
! York is my first choice though just waiting to hear back from them (fingers crossed!) And liverpool looks really good so well done on getting in there :smile:
Original post by becky710
Hiya :smile: has everyone heard from Sheffield Hallam? i feel like im the only one.. :s-smilie:

Haven't heard anything! What have you heard from them? :smile:
Reply 386
Haven't heard anything! What have you heard from them? :smile:

hvent eard anyhting yet either but ive heard peope get rejected so hopefully no news is good news :smile:
Reply 387
Thank you! Ahh I've got an interview at northamPton too on wed :smile: I didn't go to the open day though so not sure what it's like yet
! York is my first choice though just waiting to hear back from them (fingers crossed!) And liverpool looks really good so well done on getting in there :smile:

:O ill see u there then :smile: and northampton is lovely all on one campus and lots of open land etc :smile: i didnt look at york but i no a lot of people like it :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by fairyfaye
Thank you!

I live in Coventry, so for that reason it would be my 1st choice. However, I was really impressed with Northampton and I also like the look of UEA. So once i've heard back from them, I'll really have to come to a concrete decision. It's just nice to know that I am definately studying OT in 2012 :biggrin:

I love the look at northampton too, but could commute to coventry etc so many decisions to be made lol
:O ill see u there then :smile: and northampton is lovely all on one campus and lots of open land etc :smile: i didnt look at york but i no a lot of people like it :smile:

Just been looking on the website again. Does look really nice :smile: Are you feeling prepared for Wed?
Reply 390
Just been looking on the website again. Does look really nice :smile: Are you feeling prepared for Wed?

not really tbh got so much college work to do before then and hopefully this snow will have gone by then as gotta drive there lol :smile: how u feeling about it?
not really tbh got so much college work to do before then and hopefully this snow will have gone by then as gotta drive there lol :smile: how u feeling about it?

I'm exactly the same.. so much to do but so little time! I'm just trying to prepare for the written task tonight :smile:
Reply 392
I'm exactly the same.. so much to do but so little time! I'm just trying to prepare for the written task tonight :smile:

i will prob end up doing it the night before as prepared for coventry etc so jsut got to look over that and stuff tbh, hoping to complete all my work tonight or by early 2 morrow so can actually plan for this essay :/
i will prob end up doing it the night before as prepared for coventry etc so jsut got to look over that and stuff tbh, hoping to complete all my work tonight or by early 2 morrow so can actually plan for this essay :/

Yea well if we got through cov's written task I'm sure we'll be alright with this one. Positive thinking lol :smile: Even if it does look abit harder! I've got some stuff in my head I've just got to keep going over it and thinking of some more ideas. Cant see it happening though.
Reply 394
Yea well if we got through cov's written task I'm sure we'll be alright with this one. Positive thinking lol :smile: Even if it does look abit harder! I've got some stuff in my head I've just got to keep going over it and thinking of some more ideas. Cant see it happening though.

haha yes it will be our thinking :P and jsut found got post for me today and got an invite to a selection day at sheffield now woopp :smile:
haha yes it will be our thinking :P and jsut found got post for me today and got an invite to a selection day at sheffield now woopp :smile:

wooo that's great, well done! :smile: can I ask when did you apply? :smile:
Reply 396
wooo that's great, well done! :smile: can I ask when did you apply? :smile:

erm last week in nov i think im going to withdraw it thouhg as i have 3 offers and an interview and the whole process for sheffeild is very lengthy :/
erm last week in nov i think im going to withdraw it thouhg as i have 3 offers and an interview and the whole process for sheffeild is very lengthy :/

ahh well mine got sent off early december so hopefully they will get back to me soon. yea it looked it from the open day but no point in going I guess if you are happy with your other offers :smile:
Reply 398
ahh well mine got sent off early december so hopefully they will get back to me soon. yea it looked it from the open day but no point in going I guess if you are happy with your other offers :smile:

it consists of:
•short presentation by one of the course team
•group interview
•written exercise
•short individual interview
•optional campus tour (not included in the two and a half hour timeframe)
which lasts 2 and a half hours and surely all that will overlap lol and its like 2 hours either way on top of that soooo,,, think i will withdraw as grades same as 2 of my other offers soo seems will cause more stress than good :P fingers crossed u will get an invite for selection day :smile:
it consists of:
•short presentation by one of the course team
•group interview
•written exercise
•short individual interview
•optional campus tour (not included in the two and a half hour timeframe)
which lasts 2 and a half hours and surely all that will overlap lol and its like 2 hours either way on top of that soooo,,, think i will withdraw as grades same as 2 of my other offers soo seems will cause more stress than good :P fingers crossed u will get an invite for selection day :smile:

Quite a lot then. Seems that Sheffield is the hardest to get into in terms of interviews since they do all 3; written, group and individual. That's good then that you've got other choices :smile: I think I messed up York so Sheffield is my last hope as I love it around there but maybe I will love northampton on wednesday. And thank you hoping I do too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending