The Student Room Group

Looking for the impossible

Does anyone know of any degrees/professions that focus equally on physical health and mental health? Not necessarily nursing? Or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?Thanks
Occupational therapy/therapist
Original post by Dreamsandwishes
Does anyone know of any degrees/professions that focus equally on physical health and mental health? Not necessarily nursing? Or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?Thanks

Hey,

As mentioned above Occupational Therapy could be a great choice for a degree to study and can lead to many job opportunities once qualified.

However, have you heard of Health & Lifestyle Science?

At Canterbury Christ Church University we have a new degree on offer which is BSc (Hons) Health & Lifestyle Science and it focuses on the importance of maintaining lifestyle for both individuals and the population.

The course involves learning about how the human body works, you will understand the impact that being active, eating a healthy diet, and other lifestyle choices have on health and wellbeing. The course has a central emphasis on cultivating a deep understanding of how lifestyle impacts on health and wellbeing, including how physiological, psychological, and sociological factors influence health-related behaviour. It will equip you with a diverse and highly valuable skill set that can be applied across a range of employment opportunities.

If you have a strong passion for health and wellbeing then this degree is for you. Check out the webpage to find out more about the course: https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/study-here/courses/health-lifestyle-science

I hope this helps :smile:
Psychology, occupation therapy, dietician

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending