The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colpejafort
I just dont get their function
ash.jpg
zapatillas-cuna-blanco.jpg

What in the name of? Are they are for men? Women? Midgets? Is it a salad dispensing utensil? I have never seen them before. A fact which I am not regretting as they are uniquely ugly.
Reply 1981
Original post by jcsarchitect
Chavs who wear band t-shirts/jumpers of decent bands they have no idea who they are e.g. Joy Division, The Jam, Stone Roses etc.

I wouldn't dream of wearing a t-shirt of some European named DJ i don't have any idea about!

I've seen this before. This guy was wearing a Kasabian T-Shirt, I asked his favorite/album he replies "I only know one song of theirs, club foot, because it's the song on Sky Sports."

Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
What in the name of? Are they are for men? Women? Midgets? Is it a salad dispensing utensil? I have never seen them before. A fact which I am not regretting as they are uniquely ugly.

Haha they're for women. They're called wedge sneaker trainers, I think. It's just a more casual/sportu way to wear heels but I dont get the point wearing heels if you dont want people to know you're wearing them. They look just horrible:

sneakers-isabel-marant-440.jpg
Ash-Bowie-Sneaker-Wedges.jpg
260133_463045783716810_476465254_n.jpg
March-23-Sofia-Wedge-Sneaker-Metallic-Baby-Pale-Pink-High-Top-Trainers.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Colpejafort
Haha they're for women. They're called wedge sneaker trainers, I think. It's just a more casual/sportu way to wear heels but I dont get the point wearing heels if you dont want people to know you're wearing them. They look just horrible:

sneakers-isabel-marant-440.jpg
Ash-Bowie-Sneaker-Wedges.jpg
260133_463045783716810_476465254_n.jpg
March-23-Sofia-Wedge-Sneaker-Metallic-Baby-Pale-Pink-High-Top-Trainers.jpg

Quite possibly the most ugly, pointless and confusing fashion trend I've seen in awhile. :lolwut:

Thanks for the pictures.
The best trend will always remain Vans and Chinos....

As for the worst, I think it is dungarees or pouches

Can't think of a funny way to end this so this is it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Blackberries, they're terrible, they break so easily
Lad's who wear converse, terrible and ugly, not so bad on some girls though.
(edited 11 years ago)
People are STILL wearing Mickey Mouse T-Shirts????

What about another mouse getting love? How about Jerry? Mighty Mouse?
Reply 1987
Original post by jblackmoustache
People are STILL wearing Mickey Mouse T-Shirts????

What about another mouse getting love? How about Jerry? Mighty Mouse?

Dangermouse!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My boyfriend has an awesome Dangermouse tshirt :biggrin:

Looks I'm hating at the moment:
Creepers
Jesus crosses on everything. Seriously look at the New Look website right now, on every page there are at least 3 items with crosses on them.
Wet-look leggings
Dip-dye
Dip-hem
Giant glasses which make girls think they look "sexy geek" or "quirky and individual" but actually just make them look like posers.

Also anyone noticed that OWLS are everywhere just now? Nothing against owls, they can look cute, but it's a bit OTT and getting old now.
Reply 1989
Original post by ed-
All Topman trends really annoy me...
Like, chinos were perfectly acceptable before Topman started selling them and suddenly every other teenager was wearing them...

How they've made the cross a fashionable symbol. Now I see every other teenager wearing upside down crosses and chinos. That's not just generic though, like chinos are. It's a religious symbol not a fashionable one - how is it acceptable for people to wear crosses when they're not Christian? Or upside down ones without knowing the implications?
If everyone suddenly started wearing Bhurkas, muslims would make a huge fuss - where has Christian's self respect gone?

And they have hoodies with 'Oxford University' and 'Harvard University' on them. Surely they should be reserved for people who actually go to / have been to those universities?

Since when did a religion have a monopoly on a certain shape?

And I'm pretty sure muslims wouldn't make a fuss if someone wore a bhurka! Why would they lol?
I dont know what it is but there seems to be a general trend to look a mess. Ragged ill-fitted denim shorts, ragged tights, baggy top, big drug dealer jackets, hair in a ponytail on top of the head, with big hoop rings.

I just don't get it.
Reply 1991
Nike Blazers
Original post by MrAlex95
Nike Blazers

:eek4:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1993
I also forgot Vans probs the worst trend when it comes to shoes/trainers
Reply 1994
Original post by This Honest
:eek4:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Just cant stand them now there just to common
Reply 1995
What is it with burgundy coloured zip through hoodys? Everyone wears them -.- and also burgundy chinos, or all chinos, they all look stupid, I remember when chinos was just 50 year old office workers, what the hell are teenagers doing wearing them, they're so boring and ugly.

Almost every guy I see has got a pair of chinos , plimsolls and one of those burgundy hoodys on or, one of those sleeveless puffy jackets. :facepalm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Chinos. I can't believe people still wear them religiously. The worst was Christmas Day when every teenage boy was wearing chinos.
Overly patterned leggins - the kind with those African prints. I've yet to see anyone wear them and look good. They can make even the most perfectly proportioned girl look lumpy, and when larger girls wear them.... owch.
Cropped tops with body-con mini-skirts, I think it's a bit trashy.
Reply 1999
The "keep calm and carry on" style stuff. It was good for a while, now its just everywhere and its annoying.

Latest