The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
to be perfectly honest i think most fashion trends lately are hideous. I mean, i know it sounds strangely ironic i am posting this in a fashion related thread, but does nobody else think that the majority of mainstream fashion, or 'fashion' in general; is absolutely terrible? The amount of young men and woman i see who all look exactly the same is frankly quite strange, it is like everyone is trying to emulate everybody else. Men are wearing jeans as tight as their female counterparts which no, is not a bad thing in itself, but i just don't understand why people would want to? Skinny jeans, skinny chinos, dropcrotch, arc, carrot top, cuffed hem... I think they all look terrible. And fashion being fashion none of it is practical. Have you ever seen somebody with dropcrotch chinos/jeans try and run or climb a flight of stairs in a hurry? It is laughable. Not to mention this 'heritage' look..and barbour. Really, barbour?! I see posts in the male fashion thread where people are asking others for their opinion on a £200 waxed jacket and they ask if they think it will look out of place. Er, perhaps yes, seeing as outside of this 'heritage trend' they are worn by farmers, herders and men and women who work in the countryside.

I don't know, perhaps it is just me. I'm in my early twenties and i'm beginning to stop wanting to wear what is 'fashionable' and instead wear what i am comfortable in or what i think looks good, and not wearing something because everybody else is wearing it. Although saying that i've been told by people i have my own unique style, or lack of, depending on just how fashionable you are.

Does nobody else feel like this?

this this this this this this this this this this ^
Original post by Norfolkadam
The bags say I [heart] PB on them, right? Well I assumed PB was short for peanut butter.

:colonhash:

What does it really stand for? The only PB I know of is "Personal Best" am a runner like.
Gilets, uggs, anything hollister
Reply 783
Original post by KingGoonIan
What does it really stand for? The only PB I know of is "Personal Best" am a runner like.

It means "Paul's Boutique". For ages I didn't have a clue and just thought it meant Pb like "I love lead".
My mum wearing a full on silver sequinned vest top . . . There are no words to describe the horror and she think its cool! Bleurghhh

And anything Paul's Boutique, makes me want to puke!!
Reply 785
Any clothing that looks like an advert for the shop e.g. Hollister or Paul's Boutique.
The word "hipster", it's ghastly. And what's worse is than anyone who accuses someone of being one become one themselves! Eugh.
Original post by davidmarsh01
It means "Paul's Boutique". For ages I didn't have a clue and just thought it meant Pb like "I love lead".

Lol, who's Paul?
Reply 788
Lol, who's Paul?

Don't have a clue :lol:
Lol, who's Paul?

Perhaps?
Jack Willis, Hollister and all the other American crap every single guy seems to wear. GET SOME ORIGINALITY, BOYS
I'm probably going to get negged to the extremesies, but I hate lace and frills and pearls and ribbon, and all that kerfuffle going on with what should really be just a f***ing simple dress.
I despise it with a passion when girls tie their hair up on their flipping foreheads. They look like chavvy palm trees. For some reason, every girl below the age of fifteen at my school has adopted this as their new favourite hairstyle. :unimpressed:
Original post by Impignorate
I despise it with a passion when girls tie their hair up on their flipping foreheads. They look like chavvy palm trees. For some reason, every girl below the age of fifteen at my school has adopted this as their new favourite hairstyle. :unimpressed:

Haha! This is exactly what I thought when I first saw girls at my college sporting this ridiculous hairstyle. Although they are 16-20 which makes it even more hilarious.:giggle:
Original post by Norfolkadam
Oh riiight, that's what PB is. I thought people just really liked peanut butter and were showing that through their choice of gawdy handbag.

I thought it stood for 'Pretentious Bitches'. It's definitely the best description of the people that wear it.
(edited 12 years ago)
these things: 12mm-large-black-12-shamballa-bracelet-crystal-mb32he-78934.JPG

I think they're called shambala bracelets and they're ridiculously overpriced (if i recall correctly..)
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I love chinos and brogues. I am sorry you hate this so much :frown:

I love my brogues! My best buy of a long time!

I don't think you can hate on one trend...as every person suits different things.

However, what the **** is this trend of dip dyed hair?

Theres a canny few at uni doing it...and the colours! Brown hair with pink or blue dip...really? Looks ****e darlin'
Original post by Id and Ego seek

:teehee:

omg what cartoon is that?
It brings back severely unhappy memories for some reason :zomg:
Reply 798
Original post by sassy123
for me its brogues and those loafer shoes.x

THANK YOU. Brogues on women are not cool.
Reply 799
Original post by planetconwy1
omg what cartoon is that?
It brings back severely unhappy memories for some reason :zomg:

Powerpuff girls.

Latest