The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IlluminatedRain
Are they really that good for winter? Winter in my area can reach -20 C, and I wouldn't think they could withstand that unless you have wolly socks in them or something. And I don't like how the cutesy of the print and the less-than-cute shoe design clashes.

Mine are just plain black. I'm not a very "cutesy" person haha.
I wear them with ski socks. They're good, because they grip on the ice and are waterproof for when the ground is all slushy.
Original post by Popppppy
Mine are just plain black. I'm not a very "cutesy" person haha.
I wear them with ski socks. They're good, because they grip on the ice and are waterproof for when the ground is all slushy.

Great. :smile: I think plain colours look the best on them, but the skeleton ones were awesome.
Reply 1782
Simply the trend of boys, I refuse to call them men regardless of age, giving more of a **** what they look like, than most girls. Real men are a dying breed.
Girls who artificially style themselves with hair glue and what not.

I find I look best with no makeup except for lipgloss and I have long hair up to my knees that I leave messy. It looks much better natural and messy on my back then of I comb it.
Reply 1784
Showbiz_10-1.jpg

His hairstyle. Especially when guys shave it at the sides. It's horrible and makes anyone look really stuck up and vain.

And of course....dip-dye-hair-1.jpg Dip dyed. I have someone who has died their hair hot pink and dip dyed the bottom electric blue. What is nice about that?!
Original post by trixster
The "I am trying to look like a wholesome country girl but in reality have probably never stepped foot in a muddy field in my life" look.

I was in the centre of Brighton yesterday when there was a girl of no more than 14-15 years old wearing a sparkling new Barbour jacket and Hunter wellies. Her friend/sister that was with her was also wearing a quilted Barbour type jacket and wellies. In a shop in a city, in August, on a sunny warm day. Bizarre.

The other thing that annoys me is the way that all school/college age boys dress absolutely identical.

Wannabee indy girls annoy me too. They look like such try hards.

Couldn't agree more! I find it especially annoying because it creates an image of 'country' people that isn't true. I live in the country and you wouldn't find me dead in a Barbour jacket and Hunter wellies, I'll be wearing the most hardy wellies you can find and the warmest coat, not a £150 jacket that's as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Original post by insignificant
Couldn't agree more! I find it especially annoying because it creates an image of 'country' people that isn't true. I live in the country and you wouldn't find me dead in a Barbour jacket and Hunter wellies, I'll be wearing the most hardy wellies you can find and the warmest coat, not a £150 jacket that's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Mmm.. Chocolate teapot... :rolleyes:
Those beetlejuice trousers,at least that's what I call them.
Original post by sassy123
for me its brogues and those loafer shoes.x

How the **** are brogues a trend? They were the original sports shoe, around since the mid 1800s.

****ing TSR. The world existed before you.
Reply 1789
Pauls Boutique.
Clothes
I will never understand this uploadfromtaptalk1348040110250.jpg

With the shaved sides

Ratted hair

Mascara that makes your eyelashes seperate and make them a MILE apart.

sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
I hate the trend of Barbour jackets, but the original ones were fully waxed to be completely waterproof for outdoor wear. People seem to forget about that when there's all this quilted nonsense going about
Posted from TSR Mobile
Another trend I can't stand, people wearing leggings as pants, or just wearing leggings with tiny little crop tops

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cannot STAND wannabe indie girls. They piss me off. Nearly all the people you see in these clubs that play indie are total try hards. University is full of them. Get rid of them ALL.

I have never got the leggings as trousers thing and also the short shorts fads either. The only winners seem to be men who love perving at your ass as you pass by on the street.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1795
When girls wear leggings as trousers, meaning you can see their pants. :facepalm:

I'm undecided about these "bralet" things. :erm: At the end of the day, it's down to personal choice, but as the saying goes...

"don't put it in the window if it ain't for sale." :cool:
Random coloured chinos like red/purple, chinos will suite some, but then again some people take it too far and think its all cool and "swag"

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by insignificant

I have a pair of hunter wellies :redface: But in my defence they were the only pair in the shop that fitted me, the definitely weren't bought for fashion reasons, and they are only worn in the countryside.
Aw man, pretty much everything I wear has been mentioned on this :frown:
Hoodies with giant wooden buttons.

Latest