The Student Room Group

Steve Jobs is dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James4d
Wow, didn't see that one coming.

Any news on how he died?

He's had pancreatic cancer for 7 years..

What's with all the 'didn't see it coming' remarks? If you guys had even remotely kept up to date with him you'd have seen he hasn't exactly been healthy recently.. He resigned last month because he knew he was too ill..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 81
the touch screen and apps phenomenon would not be here without him. Thanks steve jobs for working outside the technological dogma.

as you have once said "I hope to put a ding into the universe"

You certainly did.

RIP
Reply 82
RIP.
He had pancreatic cancer and didn't look like he was going to live very long.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by kka25
meaning he should have taken care of himself?

Just that as a people we strive for money and success (I know I do), yet this man had both and died at a mere 56. Just puts it into perspective a little bit.

In what way didn't he take care of himself?
Original post by london_toon
Google it and you will see. i dont know the exact names or models but i do know that there were other tablets before the ipad, although they were not as stylish or smooth as the ipad. heres a pic of them i got off google: www.cultofmac.com/109373/what-tablets-looked-like-before-the-ipad-proves-how-revolutionary-apples-tablet-really-was/

LOL at most of you, so easily trolled.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
STFU, he may not have been the first but he created the best one.

That was the very point they were making - that while tablets pre-existed the ipad, Apple revolutionised that field.
Reply 87
Original post by Craig_D
Just that as a people we strive for money and success (I know I do), yet this man had both and died at a mere 56. Just puts it into perspective a little bit.

owh, I thought you're implying that he should have focus more on his health rather then work when he was diagnosed with the condition. He looked really sick when he was doing one of his presentations. If it were someone I know, I would ask them to take a leave immediately. Well I don't know. RIP Steve Jobs
Reply 88
Original post by LaughingBro
Oh wells.

:tea:
Reply 89
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Yeah, because terminal cancer is really something you can control by 'taking care of yourself'.

****ing idiot.

I thought the poster said something along the lines that Jobs should have focus on his health more rather than work so basically 'taking care of himself'.

Cool down missy and go have some iCoco
Original post by Craig_D

Apparently he went for some time after the initial diagnosis refusing proper treatment and insisting on a 'special diet' to fight the disease. That was years ago though, he had proper treatment sometime around 2005. I don't think anyone can accurately say that badly judged start really affected the final outcome.
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
STFU, he may not have been the first but he created the best one.

Well we said that, the ipad was the best one but it was not the 'first' tablet. If you dont know the whole convos then butt out idiot
Reply 92
Original post by kka25
owh, I thought you're implying that he should have focus more on his health rather then work when he was diagnosed with the condition. He looked really sick when he was doing one of his presentations. If it were someone I know, I would ask them to take a leave immediately. Well I don't know. RIP Steve Jobs

Ah yes, I see what you were asking :awesome: No, just a sad reflection on the futility of human existence really. All the surgery and medical attention he has had over the last few years, yet he was like Cnut trying to hold back the tide. People who get terminal illnesses, even if like Jobs they have massive influence and millions/billions of dollars at their disposal, their fate has been sealed and they have no better chance of surviving than if it was a prole like me who had it, their millions are meaningless; death is a great leveller. Or maybe I'm just feeling unusually morose.
(edited 12 years ago)
I saw this on BBC and I'm so depressed > yes I am a mac fangirl

Apple will never be the same without his turtlenecks
Reply 94
Original post by Craig_D
Ah yes, I see what you were asking :awesome: No, just a sad reflection on the futility of human existence really. All the surgery and medical attention he has had over the last few years, yet he was like Cnut trying to hold back the tide. People who get terminal illnesses, even if like Jobs if they have massive influence and millions/billions of dollars at their disposal, their fate has been sealed and they have no better chance of surviving than if it was a prole like me who had it, their millions are meaningless; death is a great leveller.

Very true.

On a side note that might cheer you up, I like your avatar. I'm planning to put Tzar Nicholas II pic. I'm a fan of the Romanov dynasty :biggrin:
Reply 95
Original post by CondensedMilk
Apparently he went for some time after the initial diagnosis refusing proper treatment and insisting on a 'special diet' to fight the disease. That was years ago though, he had proper treatment sometime around 2005. I don't think anyone can accurately say that badly judged start really affected the final outcome.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I wonder how long he knew that it was terminal?

It's bizarre, I keep writing about him in the present tense, and then having to edit it into the past tense. :erm:
Reply 96
**
Rip Steve jobs yu be missed.
Can't believe he is gone so soon.
(Yes mods, I'm aware that another thread on this subject has been moved. However if there was ever a time when a "celebrity"'s death has warranted discussion in another forum, it's now).

Today Apple released a statement announcing the death of Steve Jobs, former CEO and often deemed the "creative genius" behind the company, presumably from the cancer he has been battling for several years. Despite the polarising nature of Apple as a company, it is undeniable that the company has reached the heights of success it has reached through the direction and guidance of Jobs, and that as a result he has had a profound effect on the technology industry in general. This thread is intended to discuss the aforementioned man, please try and keep the trolling out of this, regardless of your stances on Apple, this really isn't the time nor place for it.
RIP Steve Jobs.

I'll always remember when I got my first Apple product - the original iPod.. It isn't even in colour (lol) I was so happy when I got it, crazy how one product changed so much! So sad :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending