The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Niki_girl
Good to know! Hope you're enjoying it there :smile:

cheers! apart from a few minor hiccups I am.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Captain Hindsight
i haven't got anything from UEA, no acknowledgement or nothing. I've applied for literature and history and I know they do background checks on everyone but with all my others I have acknowledgments (sent 21st of October) and with UEA i've had no response.

I quite like UEA, but when Loughborough and Glasgow have made me an offer, and leicester and kent have acknowledged me UEA aren't putting up a good reason why I should firm them (if they do give me an offer).

UEA need to hurry up and acknowledge me or I will remove them from even being considered as a firm when the others appear to want me.

I never got an acknowledgement and just received an offer without warning, the same happened for Loughborough too. The only reason I got one from Bham and Nottingham was because one wanted an interview from me before an offer and the other put my application on hold.
You only sent it off a few weeks ago, relax.

Does anyone know how important it is to attend post-offer open days at UEA?
If I say I can't go, will they do something crazy like withdraw my offer? :colondollar:

They won't withdraw you for not going, and as for going it depends on your course. I was offered a post-offer open day which contained an interview too which afterwards they lowered my offer. But if there isn't anything about an informal interview in the letter you've received and you feel the trip is not needed don't worry, they won't use it against you!

Original post by jelly1000
cheers! apart from a few minor hiccups I am.

Haha I think anyone who hasn't had a few hiccups since we started is crazy!
Original post by makingamemory
I never got an acknowledgement and just received an offer without warning, the same happened for Loughborough too. The only reason I got one from Bham and Nottingham was because one wanted an interview from me before an offer and the other put my application on hold.
You only sent it off a few weeks ago, relax.

They won't withdraw you for not going, and as for going it depends on your course. I was offered a post-offer open day which contained an interview too which afterwards they lowered my offer. But if there isn't anything about an informal interview in the letter you've received and you feel the trip is not needed don't worry, they won't use it against you!

Haha I think anyone who hasn't had a few hiccups since we started is crazy!

Glad to know I'm not the only one, unfortunatley mine have been of both the academic and people (flatmate) variety :redface:
Original post by jelly1000
Glad to know I'm not the only one, unfortunatley mine have been of both the academic and people (flatmate) variety :redface:

ditto plus accommodation (which I have to go back again tomorrow :l) and homesickness! The last one being one I didn't expect to get, seeing as I was trying to get away from the place for years haha.
ditto plus accommodation (which I have to go back again tomorrow :l) and homesickness! The last one being one I didn't expect to get, seeing as I was trying to get away from the place for years haha.

Not getting on with your flatmates either? Whats up with your accomodation? And I've been a bit homesick at times, although I think I'm over it now.
Hey, I was just wondering how long it took for everyone to get their offers? My application was sent away on Tuesday and got acknowledgement on Thursday. Was really impressed with the open day, looks a lovely university! I am applying for Psychology (ABB) so nervous about getting a reply!

I'm worried now :s-smilie: it doesn't say anything specfically about an interview but it does say informal discussions with academic staff- surely there's nothing about an interview there, right?

12:15 13:00pm Welcome and Introduction to the School of History Dr Richard MaGuire (Admissions Director)
13:00 14:00pm Light refreshments and informal discussions with academic staff and current students
14:00 15.00 pm Subject sessions and Individual Admissions Talks with Academic members of staff in the School of History.

Ah well, I think I could get AAB anyway, UEA is likely to be my insurnce choice :smile:
I'm worried now :s-smilie: it doesn't say anything specfically about an interview but it does say informal discussions with academic staff- surely there's nothing about an interview there, right?

12:15 13:00pm Welcome and Introduction to the School of History Dr Richard MaGuire (Admissions Director)
13:00 14:00pm Light refreshments and informal discussions with academic staff and current students
14:00 15.00 pm Subject sessions and Individual Admissions Talks with Academic members of staff in the School of History.

Ah well, I think I could get AAB anyway, UEA is likely to be my insurnce choice :smile:

oops didn't mean to worry you, sorry! I think by the 1-2pm thing it means talking to current students and staff whilst eating. Like at lunchtime for us last year we were in the zicer building sitting around tables eating their buffet and during that the staff would come sit down and you could ask them questions. If you were to have an interview/informal talk I think it would be the 2-3pm part where it says 'individual admissions talks with academic members of staff' although that could just mean they're splitting you up depending on your course and then someone like the course director talks to you. Sorry I'm in ENV so I don't know exactly how history runs.
But if it is your insurance then I wouldn't worry too much about trying to attend and focus on trying to get into your firm :tongue:
Original post by grooveshoeshine
12th october i got the biomed offer, and the post offer open day came through the post in half term, not sure what day! but i imagine they'll be doing quite a few of them anyway

Got the letter today - visit day is 8th feb for me (:
Reply 189
Got an offer for Media and Politics about 10 days ago, got the letter inviting me to the visit day on the 1st February a couple of days ago. Already looking forward to it!
Reply 190

Original post by SJB
I'm applying for American Literature and Creative Writing. Anyone know much about social life at UEA?

I'm applying for this course, too! :biggrin: Though I wish I could answer your question, I'm afraid I live way up north and have no clue :/ when I went there on the Open Day and then went off to poke around Norwich the area seemed nice and lively, though. Plenty of societies, shops, etc. It looked great!
I have a conditional offer for psychology! YAY! So excited, looks such a good university!!
Reply 192
I have a conditional offer for law and american law!OOOOOHHH MYYYYY GOOOD!!!!!!!IM SHAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So happppppy!!!!!!!!! it's my firm choice!!!!!!yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
In regard to nightlife etc, i'm from Nrowich. The nightlife is alright, and there are alot of good shops, however the uni itself is quite far from the city centre, so you'll have approx a 20-40mins (depending on traffic) bus ride to the city centre.
Reply 194
Hi all. Quick question. If you have had an offer already, you may have received the applicant visit day letter. On the visit day form, it asks to write the 'UCAS ID Number'. Is the 'UCAS ID Number' the personal ID or UEA's 'Applicant Number'?

:smile: Thank you for any help.
Original post by Daicy
Hi all. Quick question. If you have had an offer already, you may have received the applicant visit day letter. On the visit day form, it asks to write the 'UCAS ID Number'. Is the 'UCAS ID Number' the personal ID or UEA's 'Applicant Number'?

:smile: Thank you for any help.

If it says 'UCAS ID Number' then it means the ID which you use to enter UCAS apply/track with
Reply 196
Original post by lozzyhickers
If it says 'UCAS ID Number' then it means the ID which you use to enter UCAS apply/track with

Yes, it does say 'UCAS ID Number'. Thank you. :tongue:
Put me down for English Lit, my application (finally) got sent this week
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 198
Hi all, can I join this thread please?:colondollar:
Just applied for psychology, so fingers crossed! Well done to everybody who's already been offered a place :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ZeedyA
Hi all, can I join this thread please?:colondollar:
Just applied for psychology, so fingers crossed! Well done to everybody who's already been offered a place :biggrin:

My friend applied for that too, she got an offer within a week, so You'll have yours too soon :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending