The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
No we do Edexcel :/ its so difficult... We're doing German history from unification of Germany all the way to the end of Hitler. Then we do 2 essays in the exam and the one worth more marks is a 'controversy' question! Im not expecting great grades...
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Pretty happy to say I got an AAA offer for English with Creative Writing.

I got my offer yesterday. I may actually just be the last offer for this course they sent out. With no predicted grades, a mixed bag of GCSE grades, a reference from my old high-school, and with me taking 3 A levels over the course of one year instead of two - they sure as hell took a chance on me. I guess they liked my portfolio.

AAA is one hell of an aspiration, I guess I gotta put my head down and work hard...
Reply 1582
Original post by Liam93
Haha I think it was the last episode of Season 6. I think anyway. :tongue: I'd love to do that one day. :lol: Don't think it will happen though.

Yeah, will definitely give it some time. Always kind of annoying when you reccomend stuff and they give up really quickly and I'm always like, you've got to give it some time. :facepalm: Ah well, their loss, right? :tongue:

And yeah :tongue: it happens too much! Not toooooo often you see girls actually supporting the team. :tongue: And you got us and Liverpool coming up. :wink: You'll probs beat us. FML. But I shall remember to tease you about all of your results, both Chelsea and Norwich. :lol: And it's not that I don't like, they're just rivals. Could be worse..coulda supported spurs! :tongue:

And yeah, that was the first thing that sprung to mind haha, it's nice. And he has been doing well lately. Not quite as good as Rvp though. :tongue:

Hmm not sure to be honest, I haven't watched too many and I can't remember the ones I did, haha. I'm such a fail. How about you? :tongue:

And I swear I use them too often though! But better that I think then none at all. :tongue:

Have your sorted accomodation yet? :smile:

Hey, sorry for taking too long to reply. I was a bit busy and kinda mourning for Norwich's double loss the past couple of weeks. I fear another one coming tomorrow with Arsenal, though.
How have you been? Are you done with your exams yet?

And yeah, I applied for accommodation last week. I chose as follows: Standard Ensuite, Premium Ensuite and 2 bedroom studio flat. What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 1583
Original post by chavalis

Yeah I'm probably gonna break my leg. Worth it for the view though.

I realised the other day I just miss school like crazy (and Scrubs, now you've brought that up). I've got to go back into school in July to give a talk to AS students about applying on a gap year, which is gonna be a riot! Excited to shove my unconditional from UEA in my english teacher's face!

It's also £4.25 for a glass of wine. This is why I always leave the pub feeling like I just got mugged. Thing about london students is they get free bus travel so they can afford trek to Dalston for the cheap student nights.

I find out my host family this week. eek!

Haha, this is true, that view is awesome. :eek:

Aw, uni soon anyway! Will be awesome-r. And Scrubs is on E4 nowadays isn't it? Gogogo watch some. :biggrin: And sounds like a hoot. :lol: Least you'll get some nostalgia! And it's always awesome when you can do that. Such a good feeling to prove someone wrong.

Scary amounts. :lol: Have you found out your host family now ? Or is it going to be a few more days? Do you get to contact them before you go, or are you going in blind? So to speak. ::eek:
Reply 1584
Original post by candy82
Hey, sorry for taking too long to reply. I was a bit busy and kinda mourning for Norwich's double loss the past couple of weeks. I fear another one coming tomorrow with Arsenal, though.
How have you been? Are you done with your exams yet?

And yeah, I applied for accommodation last week. I chose as follows: Standard Ensuite, Premium Ensuite and 2 bedroom studio flat. What about you? :biggrin:

Haha, 3-3. :eek: You should have easily had that really, you played awesomely. Which is a FML to us, though. Great game either way. And your favourite player scored. :wink:

I have been good thanks! Not really been busy though, fml. But it's been pretty awesome nonetheless, just enjoying myself really. How have you been? Thought you had forgotten me. :lol: And I don't have any more, finished them in January, yay! How about you?

I've not applied yet, I'm going to do it very soon (or I keep telling myself this,lol) Will let you know when I do, though. :biggrin:
I've firmed my conditional offer for bsc psychology at UEA, yay!
Very worried about not getting the grades now :frown:
To be honest though, more worried about going there and not knowing anyone *sighs* so if anyone is applying for the same course or to be quite honest... anyone that's headed to UEA in September feels like saying hi then I'd be forever grateful :tongue:
Original post by StickleBricks
To be honest though, more worried about going there and not knowing anyone *sighs* so if anyone is applying for the same course or to be quite honest... anyone that's headed to UEA in September feels like saying hi then I'd be forever grateful :tongue:

Most people go to university without knowing anyone, if you are in halls it should be really easy to meet people
Original post by jelly1000
Most people go to university without knowing anyone, if you are in halls it should be really easy to meet people

I know this, I just thought as I have the opportunity to, it'd be nice to chat to some people about it if they so wished as we're all in the same boat.
I'm a pretty quiet person in general so it's inevitable I'm gonna be nervous.:smile:
I know this, I just thought as I have the opportunity to, it'd be nice to chat to some people about it if they so wished as we're all in the same boat.
I'm a pretty quiet person in general so it's inevitable I'm gonna be nervous.:smile:

yeah of course, i just wanted to reassure you that most people will be in the same boat as you
Original post by jelly1000
yeah of course, i just wanted to reassure you that most people will be in the same boat as you

thank you :smile:

Not doing Psychology but I won't know anyone either, I live in Aberdeen. :lol: So I'll say hi. Then you'll probably get sick of me, so I apologise in advance. :lol:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Not doing Psychology but I won't know anyone either, I live in Aberdeen. :lol: So I'll say hi. Then you'll probably get sick of me, so I apologise in advance. :lol:

haha hiya :smile: what are you gonna study? or is that a silly question seeing your user name :')
Wow, Aberdeen, that's a long way. I'm from London so the move won't be so far for me but still soo nerve-racking as I've never lived anywhere else!
Promise I won't get sick of you! haha.

have you joined the facebook group :smile: great way to meet people going to UEA in september!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/135198413271995/ xx
haha hiya :smile: what are you gonna study? or is that a silly question seeing your user name :')
Wow, Aberdeen, that's a long way. I'm from London so the move won't be so far for me but still soo nerve-racking as I've never lived anywhere else!
Promise I won't get sick of you! haha.

Haha, no, it's not a silly question. Pharmacy. Yeah, but it could be worse, I know there are people who move from Canada to Britain for uni so that kind of puts in in perspective when I start moaning about how far it is to travel. And being nervous is totally understandable, moving to a new city is always going to be weird, whether it's an hour away or 10 hours away. Norwich and London are really different, aren't they? Cos Norwich is a lot smaller. Love Norwich. My brother hates it though, no idea why, it's so cute. But London's a couple of hours away by train isn't it? So you can visit at weekends and stuff if you really wanted to. I want to make a few trips to London while I'm at uni, wouldn't make sense not to since I'll be so much closer than normal. Go to the West End a few times, spend all my money. :tongue: You thought about any societies you might want to join yet? My problem is that there are too many! I hate giving stuff up. :lol:

We TSR folk will have to meet each other at some point during freshers, just to see who we've been talking to all these months! Would be so surreal. :lol:
One thing I'm not looking forward to about uni, I don't think everyone else in halls will put up with me wailing along to Snow Patrol like my family do. Quiet revision...there's a thought. Still excited though, I wish I could go sooner!
Reply 1595
Im so excited togo to UEA in september! Ive got an unconditional to do Japanese, anyone else doing that or similar?

I have also firmed my offer from the UEA to study Psychology so thought that I would say hi :smile:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
One thing I'm not looking forward to about uni, I don't think everyone else in halls will put up with me wailing along to Snow Patrol like my family do. Quiet revision...there's a thought. Still excited though, I wish I could go sooner!

haha don't worry about it, I was listening to Radio 1's top 150... selling millennium chart thingy earlier whilst revising and the likes of Crazy Frog, Bob The Builder (Sad to say I still know all the words...) and Fairytale of New York cropped up. My flatmate was a little WTF?! when they walked past and it was that song that goes like 'hey, hey baby! oo ahh, I wanna know if you'll be my girl' LOL I can't remember who sang it.

ooo ad for UEA in the announcements.
(edited 11 years ago)
After weeks of struggling to come to a decision, I finally firmed UEA!
Worried about not getting the grades now, but I'm gonna try my best!

Anyone else worried about not getting the grades etc? :frown:
I'm from London btw, any fellow Londoners out there? :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by makingamemory
that song that goes like 'hey, hey baby! oo ahh, I wanna know if you'll be my girl' LOL I can't remember who sang it.

Was it Jet?

Latest

Trending

Trending