The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Any people got a law offer fancy a chat about Birmingham law school? Send a message :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 381
Any other International Relations applicants on here?
eeee just applied for accomidation, I've applied for, ensuite at Mason, ensuite at Tennis Court, ensuite at Elgar Court, standard at Tennis Court, En-Suite at Jarrett Hall, Duplex at Pritchatts House, I hope I get one of the first four :smile:
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
eeee just applied for accomidation, I've applied for, ensuite at Mason, ensuite at Tennis Court, ensuite at Elgar Court, standard at Tennis Court, En-Suite at Jarrett Hall, Duplex at Pritchatts House, I hope I get one of the first four :smile:

Hiya!

I am planning to apply for accommadtion tomorrow. My offer has come throught the post and told me to apply ASAP. Where do I apply for it?
Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
Hows the night life? How much cheaper is going out? Compared to other cities like London which can be a BOMB, Thanks :smile:

It's brilliant, in short! Fab and Fresh is the Guild night every week (our SU), which is crazy and you can walk home, making it a ridiculously cheap night out and one of the best. Taxis in Birmingham are quite cheap, so getting to and from the main clubs on Broad Street is usually £1-£1.50 per person if there's 4 of you sharing a car, and every club has a different student night with drinks offers and things which keeps the price of your night down.
If I could offer you any advice, its to buy at least the Bronze Freshers Pack for Freshers Fortnight - though it seems expensive in the first instance, it saves you a ton of money and you try pretty much every major club over the two weeks so you know exactly where you like and where you don't! (Bambu - don't think anyone has gone back there!). Plus, if there's a night you don't want to go to or something, you can usually sell the ticket to someone without a pack, so you'll definitely get your money's worth.
Original post by postman pat
Hiya!

I am planning to apply for accommadtion tomorrow. My offer has come throught the post and told me to apply ASAP. Where do I apply for it?

on the birmingham accomidation bit on the website theres a link to apply there :')
Reply 386

Yeah me too, I applied for the same as you excluding pritchatts and the standard tennis court :tongue:
Original post by cat_cat
Yeah me too, I applied for the same as you excluding pritchatts and the standard tennis court :tongue:

I really really want one of the first three tehe :')
Reply 388

Hi I'm applying for my accomodation tommorow :smile: Just wondering whether you know if the £500 fee for booking is refundable?? :smile: Thanks
Original post by Hooby
Hi I'm applying for my accomodation tommorow :smile: Just wondering whether you know if the £500 fee for booking is refundable?? :smile: Thanks

I think you dont pay that till you get an offer for accomidation and accept it :')
Reply 390

Lool same, its good we applied early because its first come first served!!
Original post by cat_cat
Lool same, its good we applied early because its first come first served!!

true you'll have to let me know what you get :biggrin:
Reply 392
true you'll have to let me know what you get :biggrin:

I will, we may even be neighbours
Original post by cat_cat
I will, we may even be neighbours

haha wicked :') I apologise in advance for my music :')
Reply 394
haha wicked :') I apologise in advance for my music :')

lool I will probably be the same :colondollar:
Heyyy (':
Just recieved an offer for BSC Chemistry (F100) + imma put it as my top choice, anyone else doing chemistry there ?

also...

Because i only live 50mins away by train, im unsure if to apply for student accomidation for the whole uni life independence thing, what do you all think ?

<3 xx
Original post by lisalouise
Heyyy (':
Just recieved an offer for BSC Chemistry (F100) + imma put it as my top choice, anyone else doing chemistry there ?

also...

Because i only live 50mins away by train, im unsure if to apply for student accomidation for the whole uni life independence thing, what do you all think ?

<3 xx

Hi, well done on getting an offer! I've got one for economics and it's gonna be my firm. But concerning whether or not to apply for accommodation I think you should. Living on campus will be the main way of making friends and will ensure you get the most of your uni experience. You won't live too far away from so you can always go back every so often. However if you know you'll miss home and want to save on living expenses then it may be better to stay at home. I personally recommend staying on campus but it's up to you! Hope I've helped you a bit :smile:
Reply 397
Do we need to apply for accommodation, this early, before even knowing whether to accept the university as a firm or not?
Original post by edhello123
Hi, well done on getting an offer! I've got one for economics and it's gonna be my firm. But concerning whether or not to apply for accommodation I think you should. Living on campus will be the main way of making friends and will ensure you get the most of your uni experience. You won't live too far away from so you can always go back every so often. However if you know you'll miss home and want to save on living expenses then it may be better to stay at home. I personally recommend staying on campus but it's up to you! Hope I've helped you a bit :smile:

Thankuu (": and well done for getting an offer to and Birmingham is going to be my firm to (":

I think I will live in, if I'm going to uni I may as well make the most of it (": for some reason my parents said they would take offense If I moved out for Birmingham (that should be fun telling them :/)

Thankuu <3 xx
Reply 399
I’m going on a visit day in February and having an accommodation tour and I think it would be helpful to see the accommodation properly before making any decisions on where I'd like to live. However I’m conscious of the fact it’s stated that they allocate on a first come first serve basis. Do you think waiting until after a visit day to register for accommodation will put me at any disadvantage, or is February still relatively early?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending