The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer yesterday for French and Japanese - ABB. Most likely going to firm it. Is anyone going to the applicant day on the 25th Jan (next Weds)? :biggrin:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by GemSTARrawr
I got an offer yesterday for French and Japanese - ABB. Most likely going to firm it. Is anyone going to the applicant day on the 25th Jan (next Weds)? :biggrin:

Well done. :biggrin:

When did you apply? I sent mine off on the 14th of November but still haven't heard a reply for a similar course to yours (French and Spanish). Getting a bit worried now. :s-smilie:
Reply 582
Original post by wasuuuuuuuuuuuppp
so are there any good points about birmingham uni then?! (btw it's my first choice and have an offer for business management)

The buildings and the campus but it's physically too big.

If you take up BM you will be on the edge of the campus in your own building - agian it's nice but you know what I think about the teaching.

Oh and if you serioulsy into sport, but again I don't really know how that is going benifit the student / sports person.

This is not the US you know, where Unis take girfted sports people SPECIFICALLY to groom them into pro athletes.

If anything if you are into sports big time it may interfere with your studies.
Reply 583
username: tophat123
course: Geography or Geography with Urban and Regional Planning.I have an offer for both, just need to decide .
I might put it as my firm and insurance!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 584
not sure sure if I've commented on this one yet, but firming Birmingham for English! so excited, anyone else got English offers?
Just got an offer from Birmingham for Ancient History. ABB! :biggrin:
I have an offer for Money, banking and finance...anyone else going to study the same course? : )
Reply 587
Original post by panda1093
I have an offer for Money, banking and finance...anyone else going to study the same course? : )

Think twice
Original post by Txi
Think twice

Why are even posting here.....shouldnt you be enjoying uni or something
Original post by Liam6993
Well done. :biggrin:

When did you apply? I sent mine off on the 14th of November but still haven't heard a reply for a similar course to yours (French and Spanish). Getting a bit worried now. :s-smilie:

I sent mine off in the middle of October. I wouldn't worry :smile: what were your AS grades and A2 predictions? :smile:
Original post by GemSTARrawr
I sent mine off in the middle of October. I wouldn't worry :smile: what were your AS grades and A2 predictions? :smile:

Ah, good. I guess Birmingham just take longer to make decisions than other unis. :biggrin:

I got AABD at AS (French, History, General Studies, Economics respectively) and am predicted ABBB (with the A being in French). What about you? :smile:
Original post by Liam6993
Ah, good. I guess Birmingham just take longer to make decisions than other unis. :biggrin:

I got AABD at AS (French, History, General Studies, Economics respectively) and am predicted ABBB (with the A being in French). What about you? :smile:

Fair enough I got ABCCC in maths, music, French, German and critical thinking <-- really bad I know so I've retaken French and retaking German. I'm predicted ABB with an A in Maths :smile:
Reply 592
Original post by Jeeves_90
Why are even posting here.....shouldnt you be enjoying uni or something

I was asked a question so I am answering it.

OK isn't it ?
Original post by covvers
not sure sure if I've commented on this one yet, but firming Birmingham for English! so excited, anyone else got English offers?

I have an offer from Birmigham for english too! Are you going on an applicant day? :smile:
Original post by JodieBean
I have an offer from Birmigham for english too! Are you going on an applicant day? :smile:

When did you both apply? I'm still waiting for a response from them...
Just applied for my accommodation. Exciting stuff :biggrin:
Original post by starxriddled

I sent my UCAS off on November the 11th and got my offer on the 9th of Decemeber. Dont worry i'm sure they will offer you soon :smile:
Reply 597
Original post by JodieBean

yep, 7th March, you? :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by starxriddled

applied at the end of October, got the offer on the 16th November - i'm sure yours will come soon! good luck!
Original post by covvers
yep, 7th March, you? :smile:

Mines on 29th Feb. Will you be stopping in halls or at home? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending