The Student Room Group

I don't understand chemistry :'(

it's so depressing :'(
I didn't either :frown:. I had extra tuition but still only got an E in the AS :colondollar:. Not that I expect that to be of much help to you, but I think maybe some people just don't get certain subjects.

Are you getting much extra help for it?
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I didn't either :frown:. I had extra tuition but still only got an E in the AS :colondollar:. Not that I expect that to be of much help to you, but I think maybe some people just don't get certain subjects.

Are you getting much extra help for it?

nope i'm not :frown:
but i'm planning too :smile:
but i really don't know how to find a good reliable chemistry teacher.i've researched and tried out a few but i didn't like them :/
Original post by Menakshelatte
nope i'm not :frown:
but i'm planning too :smile:
but i really don't know how to find a good reliable chemistry teacher.i've researched and tried out a few but i didn't like them :/

I don't think I can help you much, but good luck! :yy:
Reply 4
Maybe your learning it the wrong way.
For example some teachers just put stuff on the board and expect you to learn it.
Type khanacademy in google
It's a good recommendation apparently
Do lots of past papers, get the CGP revision guide and just practice. You'll soon get it if you put in the effort. :wink:
Reply 7
Chemistry can be a hard subject, but it will all click and suddenly everything makes sense. Make sure to read from the basics, if you don't understand any of the simple things you will never understand the harder later things.
Get a CGP revision guide. It made my life so so much easier.
If you're on OCR, I highly recommend buying the textbook and going through it one double-page-spread at a time. You'll come to understand all the little things that constitute the more difficult areas, as well as understand the difficult areas themselves.
Original post by Tigerkins
Chemistry can be a hard subject, but it will all click and suddenly everything makes sense. Make sure to read from the basics, if you don't understand any of the simple things you will never understand the harder later things.

Totally agree with this. I never used to like chemistry in GCSE and only got a B in it. My dad somehow persuaded/forced me to do chemistry at A level and it was a blessing in disguise. I struggled for the first few months till I grabbed hold of GCSE chemistry book and started from scratch and ended up achieving an A in Alevel. Chemistry like maths is one of those subjects which you need to know the basics and then everything will flow. Btw, guess what I'm currently studying at uni....
Chemistry isn't a subject you can jump into at say Higher level, but if you can master the basics, everything falls into place. My favourite subject. Need any help, up to higher level atm, you can PM me :smile:
Reply 12
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm << Biggest life saver ever! :P Helped me get my A at AS :biggrin:
Chemguide/Knockhardy/Khan Academy
exactly what my chem teacher does, but my biology teacher is very good at helping me understand.
Original post by adam271
Maybe your learning it the wrong way.
For example some teachers just put stuff on the board and expect you to learn it.
Original post by NutterFrutter
Do lots of past papers, get the CGP revision guide and just practice. You'll soon get it if you put in the effort. :wink:

i i dont understand chemistry how am I supposed to o an exam

Quick Reply

Latest