The Student Room Group

The capture and death of Col Gaddafi

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Lmfao at Sanders.

And probably not considering the way the two reached power is different and the political set up of both countries are different. And considering that Cameron realizes he can't stay in power for too long and he comes from a wealthy family so doesn't need
the money.
Reply 141

Longer version of other vid
Rest In Peace, Colonel Gaddafi, the rightful ruler of Libya. 1942-2011.
Reply 143
Original post by The-Real-One
Rest In Peace, Colonel Gaddafi, the rightful ruler of Libya. 1942-2011.

lol a ruler is not rightful anymore if his own people rebel against him

And your use of "rightful" is very loose here. Libya is not a monarchy. There's no such thing as a rightful ruler.
seeing the video of him being shot and what not made me feel real sad :frown:. he should've been trialled at least.
Original post by .eXe
lol a ruler is not rightful anymore if his own people rebel against him

And your use of "rightful" is very loose here. Libya is not a monarchy. There's no such thing as a rightful ruler.

Sadly I've already negged you recently, you ignoramus.
Reply 146
meh he should have been assasinated ages ago by hired mercenaries (so not tied to any government) but noo stupid NATO are clueless noobs
Bastard deserved it.
Reply 148
Original post by The-Real-One
Sadly I've already negged you recently, you ignoramus.

Why would you neg me for that comment you jackass? How about you make a valid response to what I said instead of negging me like a little pussy
Reply 149
- Burn In Hell, Colonel Gaddafi, the (greedy, vengeful, murderous, wrongful) ruler of Libya. 1942-2011.
Original post by .eXe
- Burn In Hell, Colonel Gaddafi, the (greedy, vengeful, murderous, wrongful) ruler of Libya. 1942-2011.

And hello to the new american puppet organisation under 'democracy'. Should Obama/Cameron/Sarkozy burn in hell too? Or are they angels
Reply 151
Original post by Ishman2k10
And hello to the new american puppet organisation under 'democracy'. Should Obama/Cameron/Sarkozy burn in hell too? Or are they angels

No man all of them can go to hell for all I care. Each is a conniving, greedy and manipulative bastard who is only concerned for his/her own welfare.

I only specifically mention Gaddafi as he just died. But I know that pretty much every politician out there is responsible for murder, crime and corruption.
The Gaddafi family aren't having the best of weeks.
Reply 153
Whilst i agree that he deserved to die, i dont think that that was the right way to do it. He deserved alot worse, if i'dve been killed like that after committing alll the atrocities he did i'd be pretty chuffed to be honest.

He deserved a trial, and an execution, like Saddam Hussein
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
No, he should stand trial.

it seems I've been repping your posts too frequently hahah
There wasn't really the need to intervene in Tunisia, Egypt or Oman, as they reformed themselves through people power, and Yemen and Syria would only be destabilised by a Western presence, especially Syria due to it's considerably better equipped, Russian-backed military and very well entrenched regime. Bahrain, whilst terrible, was also strategically unsound for an intervention as it would have set off a whole mess of arguments with the Saudis and the UAE. The protests in other nations never amounted to enough to justify Western intervention.

We have to be selective and do what we can, where we can.

I don't think Egypt has "reformed itself"-the same elite are in power, but now in keeping a low profile while making Mubarak into a scapegoat for the common people to hate.
Food prices are still too high and unemployment is worse. The tourist trade has declined and the economy is is a an even worse state than it was when Mubarak was in power. There are still no elections or any "democracy", not that it will do most people any good anyway. So where is the reform in Egypt?
Yes, we have to be selective because if we pick on someone big and powerful we willget our asses kicked, and we only pick fights when we can gain from it, for example from Libyan oil.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Howard
**** off. This wasn't won by "the people" It was won thanks to massive "intervention" from Nato.

Yeah, and them too. how could i forget, True if it wasnt for NATO none of this would be possible. But it was the country peoples original plan to rebel against gaddafi.

**** off.

Make me. What you gonna do? slap me through the internet?
We aren't. The Libyan people are telling their leaders how it should be run. We helped them achieve that goal, nothing more.

and ignored the wishes of the rest of the population, yeah that seems fair. Bit of selective hearing/reading/seeing on the western side of it, but whats new there, especially when there is huge economic gains involved. Your an idiot if your think the west did this to help the Libyan people...
I've always been anti-Gaddafi but justice was not served today with the way he was killed. He should have been trialled in court and sentenced to presumably the death penalty.

Apparently he was beaten down to a bloody pulp and then dragged across the street until being finally shot to death. That's complete savagery, and I know it's no better than the treatment he gave to many victims but the people should not have come to his level and do something like that. Quite sad how it all went down and slightly disturbing but then again I didn't suffer like many of the Libyan people so it's easy to have my view on the matter.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by chrislpp
Yea, because that's all middle-eastern countries are!

Probably not though, actually, many of them fall into one of the categories I mentioned. But anyway, this is just my prediction for Libya.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending