The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Student's Grade

Hello, i want to apply for the University of Kent this September and i want to apply for the accounting and finance course, but in my GCSE instead of a grade 5 I got a grade 4 and I don't know if that will influence the chance of me coming to this university. But apart from that I am doing a Level 3 business course and I believe that with this course I would be able to meet the entry recruitment grade that you guys stated in your website.

So, from that I wanted to know if it would be ok for me to apply this September with a grade 4 in math instead of a grade 5.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, i want to apply for the University of Kent this September and i want to apply for the accounting and finance course, but in my GCSE instead of a grade 5 I got a grade 4 and I don't know if that will influence the chance of me coming to this university. But apart from that I am doing a Level 3 business course and I believe that with this course I would be able to meet the entry recruitment grade that you guys stated in your website.

So, from that I wanted to know if it would be ok for me to apply this September with a grade 4 in math instead of a grade 5.

As it seems that you know, Kent want a grade 5 / B for their BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance. Generally speaking, universities are inflexible when it comes to Maths and/or English GCSE grade requirements, unfortunately. The only way to know for sure is to either apply (which would be via Clearing now) or to contact their Admissions office.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
As it seems that you know, Kent want a grade 5 / B for their BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance. Generally speaking, universities are inflexible when it comes to Maths and/or English GCSE grade requirements, unfortunately. The only way to know for sure is to either apply (which would be via Clearing now) or to contact their Admissions office.

Thank you and would you be able to give me the admissions office email

Kent, like many universities, find that e-mail isn't a terribly good way to communicate a question. This is because students often forget to mention important details, like whether they're a home or international applicant, for which academic year they're applying, for exactly which course they'd be applying, etc. For that reason, they prefer to use a web form that ensures that all the relevant information is captured.

You can access that web form by following the "Make a general enquiry" link on their https://www.kent.ac.uk/contact-us page.

Actually, I've just used that web form, answering the first two questions saying I was "Thinking of making an application" and wanted to ask abut "Entry requirements". It responded with a link to the courses section of the web site and a "Send us a message" button. If you click that button you get the opportunity to enter a free-format question - so everything I said above about them carefully capturing important details is complete nonsense! :smile: All they actually ask you for is your name, e-mail address, and the name of the course.

Hi there,

I understand university applications can be very stressful. It is important to note that it is likely that if you do not meet the given entry requirements you will likely not automatically be given a place on the course. However, I would recommend considering applying through clearing at Kent as you will most likely be able to get a place through there, especially if you only just missed out on your entry requirements.

Here is some information on how to apply through clearing - https://www.kent.ac.uk/clearing

Here is the admissions email for Kent Business School (which covers the Accounting and Finance course) - [email protected]

Best of luck with results day & your application! Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Natalie :smile:
- University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending