The Student Room Group

The Gujarati Soc :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Hemzo
I like Economics more, but I'll probably try and study behavioral economics, study of human behavior and its impacts. And really? I thought you could leave uni after 3 years and become a fully trained psychologist :shock:

Oh nice and what's behavioural economics? Lol yupp, no you can do other stuff but I'm sure you can't do any proper psychology job, in postgraduate you usually do mostly placement I think. That just reminded me I need to order psychologist journals.
Original post by Ladipidoo
Tbh I'm starting to slowly forget how to read/write Gujarati. :nothing:

Yeah, didn't want someone like Indian_Prince to be on my case. :angry:

Start reading some of your mum's bhajan books then. It's a good skill to have. :nothing:
Reply 122
Original post by meera.28
Oh nice and what's behavioural economics? Lol yupp, no you can do other stuff but I'm sure you can't do any proper psychology job, in postgraduate you usually do mostly placement I think. That just reminded me I need to order psychologist journals.

Studying human behavior and why they make certain decisions, so sorta physchological in some respect :tongue:

All my friends that study it for A level say they got tricked into thinking that it was a good subject with the taster lessons and then came along the boring theory :laugh:
Reply 123
Original post by Hemzo
Studying human behavior and why they make certain decisions, so sorta physchological in some respect :tongue:

All my friends that study it for A level say they got tricked into thinking that it was a good subject with the taster lessons and then came along the boring theory :laugh:

ohh right

loool it's not too bad so far I think, I mean I think once you do some work and are actually really into it you'll love it but if you don't try or if you just don't see the other side to it then it's boring. I kinda like it so far, I mean the SPSS thingy does the maths for you :biggrin:
Original post by Tucking Fypo
No, you babuchak, this is my baidi h3h3..

Spoiler

Kem cho, dosts. Chai paani jove che? :smile: :smile:

Chai walla :biggrin:

Muza ma cho?
Original post by chaz1992
Chai walla :biggrin:

Muza ma cho?

I was just being welcoming, Ladipidoo is the chaiwalli. :smile:

Haan haan, majama. :star:
Reply 126
ohh right

loool it's not too bad so far I think, I mean I think once you do some work and are actually really into it you'll love it but if you don't try or if you just don't see the other side to it then it's boring. I kinda like it so far, I mean the SPSS thingy does the maths for you :biggrin:

Yeah, you're either interested in it or you're not. Hopefully I'll be feeling the same way next year :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by Hemzo
Yeah, you're either interested in it or you're not. Hopefully I'll be feeling the same way next year :biggrin:

Lol you will .. for some reason if its one subject you kinda do get interested I mean there's certain areas you'll love more than others .. I found that some of the stuff I didn't like in my course for A-levels actually helps me in uni cos some of its about that stuff.
Reply 128
Original post by Mallika
:colondollar: I used to be called MalliMA, I was only 11! :giggle: But it was a very young cousin, lol. Do you prefer Hemal or Hemalbai?

I'll remeber that for next time!:biggrin: My family will be so suprised when my Gujarati has improved:smile:

I have a nickname for my sister, but I get told off because apparently it ruins her actual name somehow.. That's my grandparents for you :tongue:

Hemal sounds fine, Hemalbhai makes me sound like one of those old babu's :lol:

I admit I too am no expert, I need to get a book and improve :frown:
Reply 129
Lol you will .. for some reason if its one subject you kinda do get interested I mean there's certain areas you'll love more than others .. I found that some of the stuff I didn't like in my course for A-levels actually helps me in uni cos some of its about that stuff.

Yeah and then there's some things that don't at all, like knowing what policy King Edward used in the Tudor time to stop Catholicism :tongue:
Reply 130
Original post by Hemzo
Yeah and then there's some things that don't at all, like knowing what policy King Edward used in the Tudor time to stop Catholicism :tongue:

Erm how does that help economics :s Stuff like that I guess you could forget but omgg I think I wnna be an educational psychologist :biggrin:
Reply 131
Erm how does that help economics :s Stuff like that I guess you could forget but omgg I think I wnna be an educational psychologist :biggrin:

Beats me, some of the stuff I learn in History :tongue:

Educational psychologist? Like studying how we learn and stuff? I think Tony Buzan is like a legend in that field
Reply 132
Original post by Hemzo
Beats me, some of the stuff I learn in History :tongue:

Educational psychologist? Like studying how we learn and stuff? I think Tony Buzan is like a legend in that field

Oh wow you do history .. it's like a really hard subject in my view

Lol well yh something like that, more about how people with special needs and other stuff learn and like how to get them more into their learning and other stuff (I'm not good at describing but I do know what it is, we had a person come into talk to us) Surprisingly I've never heard of him :/
Original post by Tucking Fypo
I was just being welcoming, Ladipidoo is the chaiwalli. :smile:

Haan haan, majama. :star:

I don't make chai for anyone apart from myself (and fam) :angry::angry::angry:
There is a hindi/urdu society if anyone is interested...............
Original post by Ladipidoo
I don't make chai for anyone apart from myself (and fam) :angry::angry::angry:

:rofl2:

And afsoc. :smug:
Original post by blueray
I notice lots of people asking each other if they speak Gujarati.

Well here it is :biggrin: Enjoy.

Chal enjoy kur-wa-mand!!! Nak-ur tam-nay champal maris :rofl:

Edit the champal part is a joke no need to neg it if you can't take a gujarati joke :biggrin:
Or as we say mana neg rep karach?! Sharam nah-thi ow ti?!"

you havent noticed anyone asking whether they speak gujarati or not, you just made it up as a excuse to open a thread so you could go up against me.

oh and let me improve your gujarati because thats quite poor, "Mr i know it all and ill report anyone who goes against me because im a snake"....

it should be "chal huveh enjoy kurvah mandoh tumeh!!!, Neh-toh who tumneh chumpal t-heee mareese", for the society owner your guji is poor, and im british indian jeez....the "tumeh" is used as a sign sign of respect, if you call someone "tou" then it is only justifiable if you are older than the person you are speaking to, if you are younger then it is quite rude to call them "tou" in which cause youd call them "tumeh" which you seemed to have missed out which would show that you have no respect for the people to whom you are speaking to..... sorry but i needed to correct this since its quite misleading for those that wish to speak gujarati properly.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Indian_Prince

you havent noticed anyone asking whether they speak gujarati or not, you just made it up as a excuse to open a thread so you could go up against me.

oh and let me improve your gujarati because thats quite poor, "Mr i know it all and ill report anyone who goes against me because im a snake"....

it should be "chal huveh enjoy kurvah mandoh tumeh!!!, Neh-toh who tumneh chumpal t-heee mareese", for the society owner your guji is poor, and im british indian jeez....the "tumeh" is used as a sign sign of respect, if you call someone "tou" then it is only justifiable if you are older than the person you are speaking to, if you are younger then it is quite rude to call them "tou" in which cause youd call them "tumeh" which you seemed to have missed out which would show that you have no respect for the people to whom you are speaking to..... sorry but i needed to correct this since its quite misleading for those that wish to speak gujarati properly.

kindly take a seat
Original post by Crazy Paving
kindly take a seat

nah im good.

Lmao, get a grip. What he said is more or less correct. This is a student forum so he doesn't really need to show respect to anyone as everyone's likely to be around his age so he's allowed to be informal. Some Gujaratis use nukar/nikar so it's perfectly fine in the context it was used. And it's "nai-toh" btw, if your own Gujarati isn't perfect then don't correct his. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest