The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nick Longjohnson
I love how the price of most things doubles/triples when adding tax and delivery :tongue:

Quite.
Original post by Chrosson

For those of you with Chrome, have a look at the first in the spelling correction list for 'Zuckerberg'.
Google subliminally pushing Google+? :pierre:

Spoiler

It's telling me "no spelling suggestions", so I assume the Mac's internal spellcheck is overruling it (Apple subliminally advocating Facebook perhaps :ahee:). What does it say?
For those of you with Chrome, have a look at the first in the spelling correction list for 'Zuckerberg'.
Google subliminally pushing Google+? :pierre:

Spoiler

As puerile as that is, that's EXCELLENT!

:laugh:

Spoiler

Is it funn3h enough to justify installing Chrome to see that?

EDIT: ninja'd :colonhash:

Today, I am shortlisting graduate scheme applications while continuing with the EnigmaGroup hacker missions. Using my BackTrack 5 R1 VM to do the challenges :cyber:

Original post by Mad Vlad
I assume you've been applying to the usual suspects, like the Big 4, banks, defence companies etc?

Working on those, yes. Missed out on Qinetiq because I didn't think I was too bothered, but it sounds like it might have been quite good after all and a friend of mine had a phone interview which went really well. Might also have to be the "Big 3" because EY closed their rather lacklustre looking IT graduate programme back in October or something ridiculous like that.

Am also applying for more general IT-based grad scheme roles to widen the net a bit. You can't really afford to be fussy these days, unfortunately :sadnod:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 585
LOL

Spoiler

I genuinely laughed out loud. Google be maaaaaad.

Spoiler

Hmmmm

Spoiler

Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Hmmmm

Spoiler

I was going to say that I think you were mistaken as I get the same result, but then I cunningly anticipated the comeback that it would be a given that I would have ****sucker in my dictionary. :pierre:
Original post by G8D
It's a UK/US dictionary difference.

/fun_killer

:sad:
Oddly enough, my UK dictionary only gives cock sucker as an alternative... and I've only just installed it! :awesome:
Reply 591
I've decided I officially hate visual basic. Hopefully I will never have to touch it again after today

Particularly like how nyan cat becomes exhausted.
Reply 593
hey guys, really random question....thought I'd ask here, though I doubt it'll make any difference where I post it ha,

just wondering, on the 7 day review thing for your timeline on fb, (before it's published) can your friends still see your 'old' page and post on your wall? or are you unable to do that for 7 days?

thankyou!
Reply 594
Hi guys, need a hand quick.
I'm not good with desktop PC's, on the Hardware side, since I rarely have to fix them.
but my flatmates computer has recently been blue screening and now when turned on, powers up for 2 - 3 seconds then cuts off.
I feel like it's the CPU fan, however I don't want to go buy a screwdriver to remove it till i know for certain, but it's covered in dust as is the lower level of the heatsink. Would this cause the PC to power off instantly?
Original post by Kenny_uk
I'm not good with desktop PC's, on the Hardware side, since I rarely have to fix them.
but my flatmates computer has recently been blue screening and now when turned on, powers up for 2 - 3 seconds then cuts off.
I feel like it's the CPU fan, however I don't want to go buy a screwdriver to remove it till i know for certain, but it's covered in dust as is the lower level of the heatsink. Would this cause the PC to power off instantly?

Get an air duster and clean the HSF out. Power the machine on with the side panel removed and check that the fan is operating. If it continues, return to us.
Reply 596
Original post by Mad Vlad
Get an air duster and clean the HSF out. Power the machine on with the side panel removed and check that the fan is operating. If it continues, return to us.

Cheers, will do tomorrow.
Reply 597
Original post by fnm
hey guys, really random question....thought I'd ask here, though I doubt it'll make any difference where I post it ha,

just wondering, on the 7 day review thing for your timeline on fb, (before it's published) can your friends still see your 'old' page and post on your wall? or are you unable to do that for 7 days?

thankyou!

Your page still operates like normal :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by Kenny_uk

You should buy a screwdriver, irregardlessly.
Reply 599
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
You bought yourself an electric heater. :holmes:

You mean like a Dell XPS? :beard:

Latest

Trending

Trending