The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by ch0llima
That's against the rules IIRC. Shill bidding :naughty:

Even if it is against the rules, an eBayer who knows roughly what their item should be going for can bid against them selves fairly safely without a massive chance of being caught. AFAIK. This obviously is pretty bad, what does eBay do to try and stop it?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Seen a thread on this in Current Affairs.

Harsh but probably fair under the circumstances.
Reply 782
Original post by Vulpes
Can't get battlefield 3 to work on my pc. :cry2:

I can't get the multiplayer to fit down the tubes. It's all too much for my "50Mbps" virgin media line.
Original post by gamer91
I can't get the multiplayer to fit down the tubes. It's all too much for my "50Mbps" virgin media line.

Ping and Jitter?
Reply 784
Original post by Mad Vlad
Ping and Jitter?

Is that a euphemism?
Original post by Dez
Is that a euphemism?

I'm trying to figure out what it could be a euphemism for... :unsure:

YUS! I AM INVINCIBLE!

Car is working! Used a bit of brute force and ignorance to get the damn contraption going. That said, I think the cold may have had other effects on the engine - there didn't appear to be a lot of water left in it when I got home, and there was the unmistakable smell of burning oil... and smoke coming from the bonnet. But at least the engine starts! :biggrin:
Reply 787

YUS! I AM INVINCIBLE!

Car is working! Used a bit of brute force and ignorance to get the damn contraption going. That said, I think the cold may have had other effects on the engine - there didn't appear to be a lot of water left in it when I got home, and there was the unmistakable smell of burning oil... and smoke coming from the bonnet. But at least the engine starts! :biggrin:

I think Jack Wade would have been a better choice of photo in this context. :wink:
Original post by Dez
I think Jack Wade would have been a better choice of photo in this context. :wink:

My engineering genius extends to more than hit it with a hammer. :pierre:
Right, my car does appear to be... genuinely broken. :erm: I filled it up with water and it's done a wee - pissing out of the bottom of the block...
Reply 790
Right, my car does appear to be... genuinely broken. :erm: I filled it up with water and it's done a wee - pissing out of the bottom of the block...

The freeze may have either - 1) cracked your block (you're ****ed) or 2) pushed out the freeze plugs from the block (they'll need to be replaced, and probably by a garage)

That's if the leak is genuinely coming from the block. The leak could be coming from a hose/line somewhere. Freeze plugs are cheap themselves, but it's the labour that will get you. If the plugs are hard to get to, they'll have to partially tear down the front of the car.

Did your cooling system have any anti-freeze in it, or was it just straight water? If it's just water, you've learnt a lesson. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 791
My engineering genius extends to more than hit it with a hammer. :pierre:

At least hitting it with a hammer got his car working again. :wink:
Tesco, your mobile site is ****.
You kindly tell me that the mobile store locator page is unsupported without giving me any option to view the normal site. I have found the result for the specific store on google, all I want is to view the original site to get the address. But no. "This page is not supported, click here to go to the home page."
**** you.
Alright, I'm completely out of touch with hard drive prices. Is £80 for 2TB decent?
Obviously it's not bad in the current HDD climate, but if you were expecting 'normal' prices how does this measure up?
Reply 794
It's a fair price at the moment. They used to be like £40ish.
Just discovered MSoft lets students get Server 2008 for free.

My day has been made.
Reply 796
Original post by alexsheppard11
yep, running windows still :smile:

Just read through your MacPro build. :smile:

I may do this at some point, good looking case.

Also, just found this: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=218556

I think they are literally brand new. He's got/had loads and is selling the G5 for £65 (+£20 shipping) and the MacPro for £125. I've just emailed them now to see if and how many they have any still in stock. I'm looking to upgrade my case from an Antec 300. This sounds fun.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SMed
The freeze may have either - 1) cracked your block (you're ****ed) or 2) pushed out the freeze plugs from the block (they'll need to be replaced, and probably by a garage)

That's if the leak is genuinely coming from the block. The leak could be coming from a hose/line somewhere. Freeze plugs are cheap themselves, but it's the labour that will get you. If the plugs are hard to get to, they'll have to partially tear down the front of the car.

Did your cooling system have any anti-freeze in it, or was it just straight water? If it's just water, you've learnt a lesson. :biggrin:

In fairness, my cooling system is ruined anyway - the exhaust manifold gasket is shagged, so I need to re-fill the coolant on a regular basis. This is prohibitively expensive to do properly, so it's had water in - hence the epic fail, probably. It was the cold weather that ruined the exhaust manifold the last time and I've not got the money (or will) to repair it again.
Reply 798
Original post by Chrosson
Alright, I'm completely out of touch with hard drive prices. Is £80 for 2TB decent?
Obviously it's not bad in the current HDD climate, but if you were expecting 'normal' prices how does this measure up?

Original post by SMed
It's a fair price at the moment. They used to be like £40ish.

What is this 'HDD climate' I keep hearing of?

Latest

Trending

Trending