The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've watched the odd unboxing video, but they fail to convey the best part of unboxing new tech. That new tech smell. :yep:
Original post by mikeyd85

I've watched the odd unboxing video, but they fail to convey the best part of unboxing new tech. That new tech smell. :yep:

That's got nothing on peeling off a pristine screen protector :ahee:
Reply 142
In my last job I was unboxing MacBooks/MBPs practically every other week. Kinda strips the novelty away after a while...

Spoiler

Agreed. Shame I can't rep you
Reply 144
Damn you got that right mate, Most recently for me was my iphone, was almost scared to remove it :P
Got a phone interview on Wednesday with these guys for a placement next year - paying £21,800.

:awesome:
Reply 146
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Got a phone interview on Wednesday with these guys for a placement next year - paying £21,800.

:awesome:

Nice. :top: Their website's kinda broken though. :p:
Original post by Dez
Nice. :top: Their website's kinda broken though. :p:

Not for me. Working fine.
Reply 148
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Not for me. Working fine.

Their tabs aren't appearing properly (on Firefox):

As a web designer, I tut and shake my head at such graphical bugs. :hmpf:
Original post by Dez
Their tabs aren't appearing properly (on Firefox):

As a web designer, I tut and shake my head at such graphical bugs. :hmpf:

Ah. Well it looks fine in Chrome.

I may point this out on the phone on Wednesday.
Original post by Kenny_uk

Original post by Kenny_uk
Damn you got that right mate, Most recently for me was my iphone, was almost scared to remove it :P

I can't stand them personally, I'd rather risk a couple of scratches than have to put up with it! Hopefully that won't be an issue with my Lumia, scratch resistant gorilla glass [=

I have to say, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be excited about the prospect of buying a Windows device!
It's not entirely resistant. Granted, I haven't scratched my screen, but others over on XDA have complained about it. Just avoid keys/change/copious amounts of sand and you'll be reet.
Reply 152
I have a matte (anti-glare) cover on my phone. So much nicer than glass, never gets any fingerprints, and is a lot smoother to the touch. :smile:
I hate screen covers :nooo:
Original post by secretmessages
I hate screen covers :nooo:

Gotta agree with you. I hate all phone cases. So what if it gets a scratch? Then it's got a story! :yep:
Reply 155
Gotta agree with you. I hate all phone cases. So what if it gets a scratch? Then it's got a story! :yep:

Reduces the resell value though. Which for Apple phones is best avoided, since their resell value if kept in good condition is very good. :smile:

Although usually that story isn't particularly exciting, with me at least :p:

It's not entirely resistant. Granted, I haven't scratched my screen, but others over on XDA have complained about it. Just avoid keys/change/copious amounts of sand and you'll be reet.

I know, but I'm generally quite careful with my phones so hopefully it will be ok. My keys and wallet live in my right pocked and my spare change goes in the "condom pocket" (Which I'm assuming is an urban myth, one of life's mysteries XD), so my phone typically has a pocket to itself [=
Original post by secretmessages
Although usually that story isn't particularly exciting, with me at least :p:

Well...yeah... "I dropped it" ain't the most exciting.

Original post by Dez
Reduces the resell value though. Which for Apple phones is best avoided, since their resell value if kept in good condition is very good. :smile:

True, but my HTC ain't made by Apple. I've resigned myself to the fact it'll be worth nothing after a 2 year contract. :sad:
Is that the thing I use as a guitar pick pocket? If so... someone down the line had a small penis. :yep:

Latest