The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Amazon better get their **** together if they expect me to remain in their custom. Why the **** would you use Yodel to deliver your orders? I've been fannying around for 2 weeks now trying to take delivery of this ****ing monitor and I'm still no closer. I know Yodel are the rebadged Home Delivery Network Limited but this is an absolute joke. It seems the only sort of customer that would ever be able to take delivery of a parcel carried by them is someone who is unemployed. I can't even have my parcel delivered to work, because they think it's reasonable to have a delivery range between 7am and 9pm - and they've failed to deliver to my work again today because they delivered it at 21:48. The office closes at 5pm!? :lolwut:

I think I've only ever received 1 other thing from this bunch of jokers and to get that I had to book 3 days off work to make sure I was in to take delivery.

****ing joke.
Original post by mangoh
My friend owns a computer shop and said the smaller the case the more expensive it is :O

wtf but surely they it costs more to manufacture? Raw materials?

Neither are correct. It's a function of:
Material
Features
Aesthetics
Brand
Reply 1582
just sent of an email to a small Forensic Computing company in my home town down south... praying for the chance to do a summers work placement with them...
Original post by mangoh
oh what a bastard for lying to me!

*asks for refund*

:nothing:

Sometimes I wonder what you're like in real life mangoh. You have a certain...persona online, and I'm fascinated about how that would translate offline.

Do you encounter many people repeatedly banging their head against things?
Reply 1584
Original post by Chrosson
:nothing:

Sometimes I wonder what you're like in real life mangoh. You have a certain...persona online, and I'm fascinated about how that would translate offline.

Do you encounter many people repeatedly banging their head against things?

LOOOOOL! :rofl:

Everything in that post was funny! :lol:

However, it appears that Mangoh may have negged you :pierre:
Reply 1585
Original post by mangoh
I can confirm this.

Lol you're a funny guy mangoh. Not the brightest of the bunch nevertheless, your threads make me laugh+facepalm :smile:
Reply 1586
Original post by mangoh
tbh my Cambridge college music foundation degree
certificates confirm how intelligent I am

I think you just made that up. :smile: And say if you did do music at cambridge, its only music, its not Medicine or a subject that is similar. I mean, anyone can play the triangle or hit a drum. :wink:
Reply 1587
Original post by Mad Vlad
Amazon better get their **** together if they expect me to remain in their custom. Why the **** would you use Yodel to deliver your orders? I've been fannying around for 2 weeks now trying to take delivery of this ****ing monitor and I'm still no closer. I know Yodel are the rebadged Home Delivery Network Limited but this is an absolute joke. It seems the only sort of customer that would ever be able to take delivery of a parcel carried by them is someone who is unemployed. I can't even have my parcel delivered to work, because they think it's reasonable to have a delivery range between 7am and 9pm - and they've failed to deliver to my work again today because they delivered it at 21:48. The office closes at 5pm!? :lolwut:

I think I've only ever received 1 other thing from this bunch of jokers and to get that I had to book 3 days off work to make sure I was in to take delivery.

****ing joke.

You could tell them the item is undelivered and request it to be redispatched. Yodel are pretty poor, it's probably not worth trying again if they managed to deliver to a commercial address at 9pm. :colonhash:
Just got to try my customs briefly to make sure the fit was fine before they get boxed up for my birthday. Pretty sure I pulled this face;
Reply 1589
Jelly.
Original post by hassi94
It seems odd. I'm the same as you on my PC yet I have full access to Google drive if I use my phone :s

Never mind, just got an email giving me access now. :smile:
Original post by RipperRoo
Never mind, just got an email giving me access now. :smile:

Same :smile:
Reply 1592
Original post by hassi94
Same :smile:

Me three :tongue:.
Just had a go at upgrading my Ubuntu VM to 12.04.

Spoiler

Reply 1594

Spoiler

??
Reply 1595

Spoiler

This actually went surprisingly smoothly for me, but I only use the server edition. Desktop Linux makes me feel dirty.
Original post by Dez
You could tell them the item is undelivered and request it to be redispatched. Yodel are pretty poor, it's probably not worth trying again if they managed to deliver to a commercial address at 9pm. :colonhash:

No, unfortunately Yodel's only saving grace are that their parcel tracking is quite high fidelity.

[EDIT] That's actually a little inaccurate. Their other saving grace is that they had the decency to deliver my ****ing parcel today. 13 days late.
(edited 12 years ago)
Amusingly:

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by G8D
invalid bro

Srs? :erm:

[EDIT] Fixed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SMed
??

Original post by Dez
This actually went surprisingly smoothly for me, but I only use the server edition. Desktop Linux makes me feel dirty.

The upgrade process itself went ok.

The actual use of 12.04 went horribly wrong.

Spoiler

Why do you use the server edition? Do you use a WM, or terminal only? I might look into it...

Latest

Trending

Trending