The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Queen Margaret University

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Public Relations and Marketing at QMU. Got a conditional offer, and it's probably going to be my CF :biggrin: I visited during the open day and loved it!
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 581
hannahhi
I've applied for Public Relations and Marketing at QMU. Got a conditional offer, and it's probably going to be my CF :biggrin: I visited during the open day and loved it!

Congrats on the offer :smile:
Acaila
Congrats on the offer :smile:

Reply 583
Woah, whiplash reply :biggrin:
Im on the ball :cool:
Reply 585
Such a late reply, but thought I would reply anyway to you Ana!

I'm a 3rd year physio student so i'm on placement the whole of this year.
QMU is a good uni for physio but I guess it depends on your learnign style. Having talked to RGU and Cali students it seems that QMU gives its students a better theoretical knowledge but RGU is better for practical skills. Plus RGU have the bonus of going out on clinical placements in first and second year where as at QMU we are suddenly thrown into it all in 3rd year and as you are in 3rd year Supervisors expect you to know more which aint always so as practical skills are completely separate to knowledge.

I found it tough going the beginning of this year but after a few weeks of placement you get into it. I think they are thinking of changing the course at QMU anyway so that you go out on placement sooner.

Anyway, I probably haven't been that useful but if you have any other questions then just ask :smile:
Reply 586
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything back for international hospitality management?
I applied to do occupational therapy and received an unconditional offer last week :smile: Fairly sure I'm going to accept, just waiting to hear back from a couple of other places first.
Reply 588
Congratulations :smile:
I've applied for MSc Public Relations. anyone else?
theunrealcity
I've applied for MSc Public Relations. anyone else?

Well I've applied for PR and Marketing, but different course :tongue:
Reply 591
Unconditional offer for events management at QMU :tongue:
Hey, a quick question - I didn't get a chance to see them at the general open day & am not sure whether or not I'm going to be able to get to the applicant day, so could anyone tell me what the health sciences facilities/labs are like? In particular the OT related ones.
Reply 593
Conditional for Physiotherapy for me.

Want to have a look around though, if I decided to go to QMC and brought my car to live on campus, is there parking?
Reply 594
There's parking, but not for students in halls. You don't need it to be honest, buses come on to campus and the train station is right beside the entrance.
curliihead
Hey, a quick question - I didn't get a chance to see them at the general open day & am not sure whether or not I'm going to be able to get to the applicant day, so could anyone tell me what the health sciences facilities/labs are like? In particular the OT related ones.

Hello,
Im in first year at Queen Margaret just now doing OT. For OT facilities there is an ADL room which has a kitchen/bathroom/bedroom part. There are also rooms which the OTs use which are set up like hospital wards. Theres also art rooms for creative workshops. If you have any questions about OT at QMU feel free to message me etc! :smile:
Tulluk
Conditional for Physiotherapy for me.

Want to have a look around though, if I decided to go to QMC and brought my car to live on campus, is there parking?

I stay in halls just now and brought my car with me. Students staying in halls aren't meant to park in the uni car park so it's been a bit of a problem. I used to get around it by parking in the streets nearby but they were made residents only. The only place to park really is the train station, but its probably not the best idea so i'd say don't bring the car if you can avoid it.
Made QMU my CF today :biggrin:
Accepted my unconditional offer for OT last week, so I'm definitely headed to QMU in Septmeber! Now just to send all those accommodation& finance forms off!
curliihead
Accepted my unconditional offer for OT last week, so I'm definitely headed to QMU in Septmeber! Now just to send all those accommodation& finance forms off!

I need to start doing that too ..lol

Quick Reply

Latest