The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Queen Margaret University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The uni is moving in 2007!!! (September-my final year..lol!) We're all going to the seaside! lol!

Yeah the woman in the shop..complains if you give her change, complains if you don't....grrrr

I didn't mind the accommodation, basically cos its the cheapest around...next year i'll be in a uni managed flat, which is in outstanding condition, for only £217 ish a month...bargain! The new campus accommodation will be flats, ensuite, but thats not for another 15 months or so! :smile:

Aldo; What course are you doing, just outta curiosity? I'm 2nd year dietetics.. :p:
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Anyone currently doing the physiotherapy course at QMUC?

I have now got to decide where to go to, i have it down to going to edinburgh or manchester.

What is the teaching and study like? Do you get to much 'hands on' studying or is it mostly head in books? IS it true you only start to go out on placements from the third year year?

cheers
Reply 82
I'm afraid I don't know much of anything about the physio course, but if you want any more general information to help you make up your mind I'm happy to help.
Contacting the department might be a good idea - mine were really helpful in telling me about what was involved in the course and about placements, etc.
I've had a look at all the online stuff about the course. So i think i got a rough idea what is involved.

The last couple of days been abit of a nightmare deciding. whether to sell all my furniture and move down to manchester to do the 3 year course or stay up here and just travel into edinburgh every day.

Think am leaning more towards just staying up here. From what i have heard scottish hospitals think more favourable to student that have done the studying in a scots uni. Plus QMUC is meant to by highly regarded for its physio course.

please excuse bad english from a daft scotsman.:p:
Reply 84
QMUC is regarded highly for 'many' of its courses...the physio one is excellent (its in the same faculty as my course so its bound to be great!) and don't forget the state of the art facilities there will eba t the new campus...btw The train home for me goes past the site, and i can cofnirm that there are now quite a few structural supports on the site. Also the physio's get to buy a qmuc branded uniform for placements...no fair us dietitians don't get them!!!

I think post degree, if you want a job in scotland, training in the area is definately a advantage.

And remember at least you'll be away from the mad drama department for at least a year studying over at leith! :p:

oooh, one point, parking at QMUC is a nightmare at all campuses so bus/train travel is the best. Buses are quite reliable. Parkling permits are to be issued from september don't know anymore details yet though.
Reply 85
From what I do know of it, it's very highly regarded :smile: Health science type subjects are definitely a speciality here. I can't remember the exact placing, but I remember checking a league table for non-medicine health subjects and seeing we were certainly in the top few.
And ignore what she says, she's just jealous she's not in the drama department :wink:
Reply 86
me? jealous? hehe! As if!

Just cos i have to 'work' for my degree and not play around :wink: Drama students are just way too happy...Uni=work=sadness! :wink:

Work...mmmm.....i've decided to take on the job of finishing my group essay...but i've just decided to add loads to my appendix...extra work for Kirsty.. :smile: And its due in Monday....oh well!
Reply 87
QMUC= dump central
Reply 88
*yawn* look who it isn't!
Reply 89
Lynn! Back practising for her Fringe Comedy show I see.
(and practice is needed. Funny is better than sad dear!)
Reply 90
lol... oops, i laughed out loud at that one...now everyone in the library is staring at me..oopsy!
Reply 91
The Glasgow people are mocking you! :biggrin:
Reply 92

well the glaswegians are too busy been appalled at the glaswegian loony in Big Brother to worry about me! hehe!
Reply 93
Hardly practising for the fringe comedy festival, just telling reality, and it's hardly a laughing matter anyway, because im only telling the truth that is is s***, in my opinion. I'm writing a letter to my old head of department, and i'm gonna lay it bare to her just how crap her department is, that i would never EVER recommend anyone i know to go there, and how badly organised the uni is in general.:biggrin: hehe
Reply 94
now that would just be a waste of paper...think of all the trees! Do ya really think the head opens her own mail??? Thats what school offices and secretaries are for... :wink:

Keep up your fringe show practise! :biggrin:
lynn20
Hardly practising for the fringe comedy festival, just telling reality, and it's hardly a laughing matter anyway, because im only telling the truth that is is s***, in my opinion. I'm writing a letter to my old head of department, and i'm gonna lay it bare to her just how crap her department is, that i would never EVER recommend anyone i know to go there, and how badly organised the uni is in general.:biggrin: hehe

Lynn you sound rather bitter about your experience. I think it was rather foolish on your part, by not actually going to the department and the school long before you accepted a place, a place that could have been given to someone else. I think that everyone else who are planning on going to university for 3 or 4 years would want to see the place first.

DId your parents not suggest going up to see the place before decided?

What good is it going to do you to write to the head of the department and tell them that you thought it was "s***".

If this is the way you are going to react when you are dissappointed or let down then your going to need alot of paper to write these letters, as in the real world out there your going to be let down, dissappointed. Everything is not going to go all nicey nicey and go your way.

Just take it as an experience and learn from it. Be happy that you have found a place where you are enjoying your study and move on. lifes to short.:smile:
Reply 96
{applauds}
Reply 97
why the need to swear in every sentence though... no need at all.
Reply 98
Lynn really does appear to be going for the red colour scheme.

I miss uni :frown:
Reply 99
me too...but only the people...i'm still doing work strictly speaking! i'll be home on friday...woohoo! that means 'proper' internet access and 'proper' gossip sessions! yeah!

Quick Reply

Latest