The Student Room Group

Boots vs Superdrug: Which is better?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LauriC
Boots No.17 Lipstick is the best thing ever, as soon as I get enough points on my card then I buy myself one haha :smile: Also Aussie is always on offer there, the deep conditioner is the best thing ever :smile:

Which lipstick is that? I love my mirror shine one, its very glossy.
Reply 41
Savers for basics as it's cheap as chips.

Superdrug when I am in town and can't be bothered to go to a city, as the Boots in town is small and crap.

Boots in the city for premium make-up if I am too lazy to go online where it's 50% cheaper. Oh, I do go there for Christmas presents though. I love their Christmas 3 for 2 gifts :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
Which lipstick is that? I love my mirror shine one, its very glossy.

I like the lasting fix ones, they're quite creamy, they stay very matte and they last pretty much all day :smile:
Original post by LauriC
I like the lasting fix ones, they're quite creamy, they stay very matte and they last pretty much all day :smile:

Thats great, I need a matte red lipstick, might buy some. When they next have a free gift :scrooge:
Reply 44
I go to Boots because it's easier for me but I think I prefer Superdrug.
Reply 45
Thats great, I need a matte red lipstick, might buy some. When they next have a free gift :scrooge:

I have a couple of Sleek red lipsticks from Superdrug.. Very cheap, very matte, very good :biggrin:
Original post by alawhisp
I have a couple of Sleek red lipsticks from Superdrug.. Very cheap, very matte, very good :biggrin:

Thanks! What shades are those and are these drying? My lips get parched easily and I am vary of drying lippies.
I like Sleek- have their blusher (red and very pigmented) and their Bad Girl palette, and they are good. I wanted to buy their Mulberry lipstick, but the Superdrug I went to had a very badly stocked Sleek stand- half of what I wanted to buy wasn't there :mad:
Reply 47
Boots! It's BRILLIANT... I work there so I get a discount :smile:
Maybe i'm a bit biased :wink:
Reply 48
Thanks! What shades are those and are these drying? My lips get parched easily and I am vary of drying lippies.
I like Sleek- have their blusher (red and very pigmented) and their Bad Girl palette, and they are good. I wanted to buy their Mulberry lipstick, but the Superdrug I went to had a very badly stocked Sleek stand- half of what I wanted to buy wasn't there :mad:

I bought OMG without realising it was a red with orange undertones, which doesn't really suit my skin tone. So then I purchased Stiletto, which is more of a blue-red, and it is perfect for me :smile: I don't find them drying, but I do blot it so it's extra matte, and I wear lip balm 24/7 anyway, so maybe I am not the best to judge :redface:
Original post by alawhisp
I bought OMG without realising it was a red with orange undertones, which doesn't really suit my skin tone. So then I purchased Stiletto, which is more of a blue-red, and it is perfect for me :smile: I don't find them drying, but I do blot it so it's extra matte, and I wear lip balm 24/7 anyway, so maybe I am not the best to judge :redface:

I wear lipbalm pretty much all the time :p:
I want OMG now, as I like orange undertones in my reds and I already have a blue-based red lipstick, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by 13RWCS

Original post by 13RWCS
Boots! It's BRILLIANT... I work there so I get a discount :smile:
Maybe i'm a bit biased :wink:

Gonna have to disagree. Superdrug all the way. Pink bags, shiny cards and that very irritating woman from 'Gavin and Stacey' making the worst jokes about everything over the shop-floor radio thingy.

Health and beauty store rivalry: the heat is ON.
Superdrug usually, it's generally cheaper
Reply 52
If I was to just pop in and get something I'd probably go to boots first, but as previous posters have said, Boots tend to have more offers on makeup whilst Superdrug is more useful when it comes to shower gel/general bathroom things. Superdrug has competitions on their website also, which I religiously apply for! However if Boots had competitions on their site, I'd be a devoted customer.

And as far as the cards go, the little mirror on the superdrug card is real neat, but you can't beat the offers you get with a boots card!
Original post by CraigKirk
Gonna have to disagree. Superdrug all the way. Pink bags, shiny cards and that very irritating woman from 'Gavin and Stacey' making the worst jokes about everything over the shop-floor radio thingy.

Health and beauty store rivalry: the heat is ON.

I love pink bags and shiny card but Joanne Page's jokes make me want to break the radio thingy :p:
Reply 54
superdrug. i like boots, especially at christmas as they have some nice gifts in there, but my sister and a few friends work in superdrug, so i have my sisters spare staff discount card (each staff member is given 2 of them) and therefore i get lovely staff discount in superdrug as a result :smile: so for that reason superdrug wins. plus i like superdrugs own brand of hair dye.

I love pink bags and shiny card but Joanne Page's jokes make me want to break the radio thingy :p:

Yes, indeed, I was joking. They're awful. I think to myself: IT'S NOT EVEN NEARLY CHRISTMAS YOU STUPID WOMAN. And then I hear her again later with some other lame joke. *Cries face off*
Reply 56
superdrug just beause its cheaper and has sleek
Reply 57
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
O rly? Awesome thanks for sharing this :biggrin: Also superdrug have sleek I don't think boots do?

OMG Sleek. I love those palettes!

Original post by The Stig
Does that include perfumes too? :gah:

I believe so :smile: I think it's in store only though and not online.
Original post by CraigKirk
Yes, indeed, I was joking. They're awful. I think to myself: IT'S NOT EVEN NEARLY CHRISTMAS YOU STUPID WOMAN. And then I hear her again later with some other lame joke. *Cries face off*

Her voice is very annoying as well :sadnod: I mean, lame jokes are bad enough, but her voice forces them in your ears :pain:
really spoils my Superdrug shopping
Boots has the high end brands and some brands exclusive to Boots. However, basic items are way more expensive than Superdrug.

Superdrug has few (none?) high end brands and limited range of perfumes. However, it does have GOSH and Sleek as well as a few other brands only available in Superdrug. It's way cheaper, NUS 10% off and the loyalty card is better - can pay part of bill in points which you can't do in Boots. I find the Boots advantage card inflexible and given the extra cost of most items, really isn't much of an incentive to spend in Boots.

I try to buy in Superdrug and whatever Superdrug doesn't have I'll buy elsewhere, maybe Boots but I rarely buy high end makeup in Boots. More likely to buy from department store or online. If I'm going to buy some expensive ****, I'd rather do it somewhere fancy or with a bigger discount.

There are some things I will only buy from Boots, not Superdrug e.g. cotton face pads. Quality of Superdrug's were so poor. Some of Superdrug's own brand items are of questionable quality, whereas Boots are usually ok - decent.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest