The Student Room Group

Medicine Rejections Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Rejection from St George's (10 points of :P)
They were quite nice about it though. The guy sent everyone an email about 3 days before Track updated. So when I saw the 'unsucessful' it wasn't a shocker!
Original post by Cleoleo
Aww no, hard luck :/ I'm sure you'll be fine with your other choices though... I mean after all you're a cambridge applicant :wink:
What were your AS UMS average if you don't mind ?
Trying to figure out whether they've actually got our BMAT results :tongue:

My UMS were below average by Cambridge standards - just above 88%. I'm guessing that was part of the reason why I got rejected straight away (+ an average BMAT, maybe?) I wasn't surprised by the rejection seeing as I don't go to a high-flying private school - infact mine was of no help for most of the part (I got told that you cannot prepare for the UKCAT - that's the sort of advice you get).
No point blaming them, though. :tongue:
But I'm fairly positive that they've got our results, otherwise I don't see why the college sent out a bunch of letters on the 18th itself and not earlier - same happened last year.
Reply 82
Original post by Cleoleo
Do you have a source for this? :smile:

Sorry I don't remember where the source is :colondollar: But its often confirmed on TSR so ask someone who does remember :yep:
Original post by NightBear
Oh GOD! *cringe* I keep falling in love with Imperial by each minute, lol.

Same, same :sigh:
Reply 83
Original post by NightBear
Oh GOD! *cringe* I keep falling in love with Imperial by each minute, lol.

I'm sure you'll get in - you only need one offer to become a doctor :smile: I doubt I'll even get that "one" offer, lol. You won't be the only pessimistic "hopeful-medic" around, I'm sure.

We´ll stay optimisti together :biggrin:
Reply 84
My day just went to hell

Was rejected today from Girton College (Cambridge) :cry:

So I've already been rejected from 3 places, and with BMAT results as bad as mine, you can bet that i'll be rejected from Imperial too...
Reply 85
Original post by Tench
My day just went to hell

Was rejected today from Girton College (Cambridge) :cry:

So I've already been rejected from 3 places, and with BMAT results as bad as mine, you can bet that i'll be rejected from Imperial too...

But you still have barts! you still have a chance. Please don't give up. I know how you feel, got the rejection from HYMS and then gonna get one from Imp soon too. But we both have BL interviews and we need to put our all into it so we can get an offer :yes: Keep the faith :crossedf:
Reply 86
Original post by ViceVersa
But you still have barts! you still have a chance. Please don't give up. I know how you feel, got the rejection from HYMS and then gonna get one from Imp soon too. But we both have BL interviews and we need to put our all into it so we can get an offer :yes: Keep the faith :crossedf:

Youre right, I can't lose that too.

Although, do you think its too late to tell Cambridge/Imperial about certain mitigating circumstances that caused me to do badly in the BMAT?
Reply 87
Original post by Tench
Youre right, I can't lose that too.

Although, do you think its too late to tell Cambridge/Imperial about certain mitigating circumstances that caused me to do badly in the BMAT?

Good good :yep:

And tbh I don't know, because I also had circumstances and was wondering if I could d the same. What do you think?
Reply 88
ViceVersa
x

:console:
Reply 89
Original post by Vulpes

:console: :cool:
Reply 90
Original post by Doctor.
:console: :cool:

:console: :cool: :hat2:
Reply 91
Original post by Vulpes
:console: :cool: :hat2:

:colone:

no more I quit :tongue: 5 minutes procrastination is over! Work time :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Vulpes

:love:
Reply 93
Good good :yep:

And tbh I don't know, because I also had circumstances and was wondering if I could d the same. What do you think?

I say go for it, you never know what could happen :wink:
Reply 94
Original post by Tench
I say go for it, you never know what could happen :wink:

Yay you never could :smile:
Reply 95
Yay you never could :smile:

You're TSRing at this time? T~T

:tongue:
Reply 96
Original post by Vulpes

Lol and so are you (as well as 5am in the morning :tongue:) :rolleyes:
Original post by Vulpes

Lol and so are you (as well as 5am in the morning :tongue:) :rolleyes:

do either of you ever sleep? :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yep you're right - BMAT results were sent to the universities on the 18th of this month :yep:

Wait, if that other guy said Cambridge had "taken all aspects" of his application into account (and surely that'd include the BMAT), how come I got an interview from them on the 16th? :s-smilie: They can't have had the BMAT results then, because otherwise people would be invited to interview without having their BMAT scores looked at.

What was your source for that? :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by manupalace
do either of you ever sleep? :tongue:

Sorry, english is not my first language. What does "sleep" mean? :confused::confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending