The Student Room Group

Sciences-Po Paris

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rin.7
...Sorry, thought you said for the interview not after. I haven't heard back from them yet, but they told me that it will take about a month.

alright, thank you! which campus have u applied to?
Anyone here who has applied to the Dual BA program with Columbia?
Original post by rin.7
Hi, for me it took 11 days.

I was admitted after 2 weeks. :smile:
Original post by monique_do
I was admitted after 2 weeks. :smile:

2 weeks after interview?
Hi jana, I have a few questions on the interview and the motivation letter I would like to ask you.. Are you still available to reply.. ?
Hi there :smile: I got admitted to Sciences Po Reims campus and I accept the offer :smile: I was wondering if any of you know how much time do I have to complete the administrative registration and pay :smile: thanks ❤️
Hi, so I was predicted 38points on my IB. I was wondering, do any of you guys know if I do get accepted will it be based on only that predicted grade? Or do I actually have to get those 38 points in my IB?
Hi
I'm Gian Paolo and I'm currently taking IB in England. I'm Italian, but I speak English fluently and I took three years of French, so I understand the basics and know grammar, but I couldn't take a course in French. My predicted is 39, TOK included, and I'd like to study the European-American track at Sciences Po. I've been told there is a written test to take, but I can't find it on the International section on the website. Do you think I have a chance to get in and do you have any tips?
Thanks in advance !
Original post by Gian_Sabatini
Hi
I'm Gian Paolo and I'm currently taking IB in England. I'm Italian, but I speak English fluently and I took three years of French, so I understand the basics and know grammar, but I couldn't take a course in French. My predicted is 39, TOK included, and I'd like to study the European-American track at Sciences Po. I've been told there is a written test to take, but I can't find it on the International section on the website. Do you think I have a chance to get in and do you have any tips?
Thanks in advance !

Okay so there are several ways to get into sciences po. Since you are not in the French school system you have it a lot easier. You need to submit a motivation letter, a cv, 2 teacher recommendations and your reports from the past 3 years. You do not need to take an exam that's only for the French students. I'm sure you have a chance to get in. On average they like to see at least 38 points although they have told me they are not too strict on this. :smile: I hope this helps.. I'm applying right now...
Reply 349
Hi there!

Another year has passed, haha :smile: I'm currently considering Sciences Po as an serious option for my studies next year. Thinking about Dijon and Reims campus (Euro-American program). Is anyone from there? :smile: Would like to ask you some things!

- G
Original post by Gabrielxucram
Oh I'm happy! I have exactly a 3.8 gpa so hopefully that will be enough at least for sciences although sciences po + Columbia seems like a strech unless they go easier on non-natives taking sats

HI! If u apply to sciences po+Columbia do you still have to take the sat?
Hi! I found this thread and I hope you can still help me. I really want to study in the Paris campus and take the double degree course with UCL in London. (I'm in my first year of A levels if that helps) But unfortunately French isn't my first language but I got an A for my IGCSE's. Is there any advice (like classes maybe) you could give me for the interview and the written tests that I will have to sit? And does the double degree course run in English? Or does t run fully in French until I reach UCL and they begin teaching in English?
Thanks so much!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi everyone! I hope this thread is not too old... I am applying to Sciences Po campus of Menton for the year 2018 and I was wondering what kind of reference letters they like to see. Because on their website it says that language teachers are not the best option for a reference letter but language teachers are the only ones that I feel could write a decent reference letter since I basically changed all the other teachers. Is a literature teacher considered a language teacher for this?
Reply 353
Original post by giuulss00
Hi everyone! I hope this thread is not too old... I am applying to Sciences Po campus of Menton for the year 2018 and I was wondering what kind of reference letters they like to see. Because on their website it says that language teachers are not the best option for a reference letter but language teachers are the only ones that I feel could write a decent reference letter since I basically changed all the other teachers. Is a literature teacher considered a language teacher for this?

Hi! Fair warning- I'm no expert but this is just what I think:

I don't think they would consider a literature teacher to be a language teacher. However, they would definitely prefer to see a recommendation from someone who is a teacher of, for instance, Politics. Maybe you could ask someone like your school college counsellor to write it instead? They are normally able to consult all relevant subject teachers so you'll essentially get the best of both worlds :biggrin:

But to be honest, at the end of the day it just boils down to how well your lit teacher manages to write your reference. If he/she is able to connect your inclination towards politics to your language skills, I don't see how it is a problem. He/she can also mention (like your counsellor does) that the reference has been written after consulting all concerned teachers so it's a holistic assessment.

Hope this helps!
Original post by jj2k
Hi! Fair warning- I'm no expert but this is just what I think:

I don't think they would consider a literature teacher to be a language teacher. However, they would definitely prefer to see a recommendation from someone who is a teacher of, for instance, Politics. Maybe you could ask someone like your school college counsellor to write it instead? They are normally able to consult all relevant subject teachers so you'll essentially get the best of both worlds :biggrin:

But to be honest, at the end of the day it just boils down to how well your lit teacher manages to write your reference. If he/she is able to connect your inclination towards politics to your language skills, I don't see how it is a problem. He/she can also mention (like your counsellor does) that the reference has been written after consulting all concerned teachers so it's a holistic assessment.

Hope this helps!

Ahah yeah thank you, in the end I chose my english lit teacher and maths teacher to do it. My school doesn't offer any Politics courses so that's why haha. Another question, after you have sent in your application how long does it take them to contact you? thanks
Reply 355
Original post by giuulss00
Ahah yeah thank you, in the end I chose my english lit teacher and maths teacher to do it. My school doesn't offer any Politics courses so that's why haha. Another question, after you have sent in your application how long does it take them to contact you? thanks

So I think they would probably contact you to finalise interview details, location, timing, etc (the application has to be submitted 6 weeks before the interview dates for your city so that they have time to process your application before the interview). Once the interview is done, it takes maximum 4 weeks for them to respond with a decision, but people have received them within 5-7 days after the interview as well so I guess that depends.
Hey! I was wondering how hard is it to actually get in? I am an undergraduate Law student in the UK with a 2.1 and I am applying this year :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey! I take IB and will graduate next year and am currently in Grade 12,Do I stand a chance of getting an offer for SciencesPo with a 34 predicted with the following grades:
English A Lang&Lit HL : 6
History HL :5
Economics HL : 4
Italian A Lang & Lit SL :5
Math Studies : 7
Environmental Systems and Societies : 7
Original post by jana_sweeney
Hi I'm Jana Sweeney, I'm currently studying at Sciences Po Paris in Menton! I created this thread to allow anyone who had any sort of questions about applying or the university in general to ask me here!

Hi Jana,

Im planning to do PhD from Sciences Po in 2019. I understand that I need to submit a personal statement. Could you please give some tips on that? I assume PhD campus is in France, so which are the places I can find economical accommodation available outside the city center? Do you have any connection who is doing PhD in Law at Sciences Po?

thanks,
Kiran
Hidoes the international student must show in person for interview?

Quick Reply

Latest