The Student Room Group

Fell asleep during class!

Today during AS English lit I fell asleep for 30mins!
It was my last lesson of the day and had previously stayed up the whole of the night completing h.w, so i didn't get any sleep.

My teacher was reading Frankenstien (and he has a really dull/boring voice) and i rememember trying to stay awake...obviously this failed. I rememember checking the time and it was 3.25 and then lifting my head up only to find that it was the end of the lesson.

I now feel really embarassed as i don't know if anyone noticed (beside from the girl that sits next to me). I woke up as he was finishing the register, so i missed him calling my name.

This has never happened before and i'm worried that he will point it out next lesson (and if i will get in trouble) or if anyone else saw :colondollar:

Why the neg rep :frown: it's not like i wanted it to happen, i'm really ashamed and paranoid about it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Nah, I wouldn't worry about. If he'd noticed at all he would have said it to you there and then :smile:

I remember being half asleep in a French lesson and then suddenly hearing my french teacher shout "reveillez-vous!" right next to me.

And now for as long as I live I will never forget the french for "wake up"...ever :biggrin:
Reply 2
You're going to need a heck of a lot of Red Bull if you go to uni if you're falling asleep at A Level :tongue:

I'm sure you'll be fine, the teacher would have made a fuss then and there if he was going to, and they tend to be less strict at A Level anyway.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reassurance, it's just embarrassing as this has never happened before :angelblush:
haha IB KILLED me in school. Used to fall asleep in English, Arabic, and Economics classes. I didnt rely on power drinks; I dont have those, and I dont drink coffee that much either.

Once in English, our teacher was analyzing the novel In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez and I slept through the whole class. I woke up to see at least 6 other students sleeping as well! And the teacher was so nice about it because she knew the stress we were under :tongue:

It's nice when you're not the only one sleeping in class, but when it's only you, then I agree, it's awkward and embarrassing :colondollar:
I once fell asleep during a seminar while sitting in the front row. Told the lecturer I took antihistamines that made me drowsy, when in fact it was being in a warm room that knocked me out.
I was very apologetic and she was fine with it and told me a story about falling asleep during an exam once.
Reply 6
my friends took a picture of me asleep in history last year. coursework is a draaaaain
Original post by velociraptor

I was very apologetic and she was fine with it and told me a story about falling asleep during an exam once.

HAhaha cuuteee! ^_^
Reply 8
Original post by velociraptor
I once fell asleep during a seminar while sitting in the front row. Told the lecturer I took antihistamines that made me drowsy, when in fact it was being in a warm room that knocked me out.

haha your soo rite with the warm room it was like a hug and slowly the voices get lower and sweeter and then **** u feel that stiffness in ur neck. i used 2 fall alsleep most lectures for 4 years just got used 2 it. hehe and dnt get me started with the libarysb:tongue:
Reply 9
I spent 90 % of my GCSE physics lessons comatose or the desk
you should consider that lucky.

Like you, it was the last lesson of the day (exhausted, cranky, tired). My teacher was going over mechanics of a particle in a 2D plane, then all of a sudden I fall asleep. I then wake up from a nightmare (literally), and I was having a mini tantrum in which I (thankfully) controlled myself. I felt as though I was possessed by Satan, I couldn't see anyone and everything was shaky. When I looked at the teacher, my eyes couldn't focus on him but rather the thin air in between me and the teacher, which was awkward.

It lasted for about 1 minute in which I couldn't see anything and I felt horrible fear, I then collapsed on to the floor, crawling... and I believe I was shrieking. It was technically a nightmare but in real life.

I then snapped out of the tantrum after about 10 secs from the moment of falling. VERY embarrassing.
(edited 12 years ago)
I fell alseep in an ecommerce lecture.... I just couldn't keep my eyes open. My tutor noticed and told me I should go bed earlier. :colondollar:
Reply 12
I spent 99.98% of all my GCSE english literature classes asleep 'cause it was a three hour lesson on a friday afternoon - I was known around school for my sleeping habits. However, I still scored one of the highest grades in my year group for it. How times have changed.
I used to fall asleep nearly every lesson during GCSEs, I did travel 3-4 hours a day for school though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending