The Student Room Group

How to skip class??

I hear about people from other School's talking about skipping class and not showing up. I don't get how you skip/don't show up because at my School if you don't show up the Teacher is meant to phone the reception and report you missing and wouldn't teachers pick up on people that don't show up or do they just pay it no mind? Some say they ask to go to the toilet and sit there for the whole lession, although if you spend 35 mins ( a whole period in my School, but in some they are 1 hour!) in the toilet wouldn't that be viewed as odd? Sometimes teachers send someone to go and check on girls who have been away too long.
Reply 1
it sounds like there's no way for you to skip at ur school without getting caught or in trouble so why go through the stress of finding a way? ur better off going to class and whether or not ur active/proactive in the lesson or not at least ur there and it snot affecting ur attendance. probably bad to admit but i often fell asleep in some of my a-level classes (i literally couldn't stay awake it wasn't out of boredom) but never got in trouble for it because i still made the effort to be there and my teacher was pretty chill lol. depending on what class it is i'd say sit at the back and do whatever it is u want to skip for but also don't do it often because in the end not paying attention to classes will come back to bite you in the ass (i ended up dropping a whole a level after finishing the syllabus because i was so behind in biology)
I don’t see how sitting for an hour in a musty and smelly toilet is better than sitting in a classroom, even if it’s a subject you find boring.
I used to sneak out under a fence in the yard, because I was slim enough to fit under it. If you're going to skive off I would not suggest just lingering in the corridors, otherwise you'll get caught, however that was when I was in year 8, so fairly consequence free in terms of impact on my education. Depending on what stage you're at in yours, it might be somewhat detrimental to skive off lessons.
Original post by Amb/conf
I hear about people from other School's talking about skipping class and not showing up. I don't get how you skip/don't show up because at my School if you don't show up the Teacher is meant to phone the reception and report you missing and wouldn't teachers pick up on people that don't show up or do they just pay it no mind? Some say they ask to go to the toilet and sit there for the whole lession, although if you spend 35 mins ( a whole period in my School, but in some they are 1 hour!) in the toilet wouldn't that be viewed as odd? Sometimes teachers send someone to go and check on girls who have been away too long.

Oh god, what is it with you girls and sitting in the loos?! In Mrs RC's school, they regularly have to empty out the loos of girls who are sat in their eating their lunch. Yes - eating their lunch in the loos.
Original post by Reality Check
Oh god, what is it with you girls and sitting in the loos?! In Mrs RC's school, they regularly have to empty out the loos of girls who are sat in their eating their lunch. Yes - eating their lunch in the loos.

Eating their lunch where other people crap out theirs?! Eating your lunch while smelling píss and sh!t?? How do they not gag and vomit everywhere?? Tbh, I’ve seen many threads on here by people saying they eat their lunch in the toilets because they have no friends and prefer that to being seen eating alone. Quite sad really, but most schools should at least have some sort of library or quiet room where they could eat…
(edited 1 year ago)
^^ I was literally about to say the same thing - I refuse to believe it's an actual thing. Like go to the library and sit for half an hour if you must, but eating your lunch in the loo...that's actually vile.
(edited 1 year ago)

is that seriously true? Disgusting and yuck

that's so sad - like just by themselves?

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “eat shit” :colonhash:
Original post by Son of the Sea
Eating their lunch where other people crap out theirs?! Eating your lunch while smelling píss and sh!t?? How do they not gag and vomit everywhere?? Tbh, I’ve seen many threads on here by people saying they eat their lunch in the toilets because they have no friends and prefer that to being seen eating alone. Quite sad really, but most schools should at least have some sort of library or quiet room where they could eat…

Original post by Serene Dreams
^^ I was literally about to say the same thing - I refuse to believe it's an actual thing. Like go to the library and sit for half an hour if you must, but eating your lunch in the loo...that's actually vile.

Original post by Kutie Karen

I know, I know. I expressed completely incredulity at this myself, but it's been A Thing for the entire time that Mrs RC has been teaching. Groups of girls eating their lunch in the loos - literally eating where you shít.

Original post by hapaxlegomena
that's so sad - like just by themselves?

No - see above. Always in groups, apparently.
Original post by Huzam001
Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “eat shit” :colonhash:

:laugh: exactly.
Original post by Serene Dreams

You can't always eat in the library but yeah.

I often wondered that it was usually French if people skipped and they always got caught the french rooms were on the top floor of the biggest block I think probably to catch out people trying to skip. Thinking about it now I can envisage a route that might work but at the time people would run around under the window and either the students would "dob them in" or the teacher would see. I was so unpopular that people would say i was skiving even if I was off sick of course a letter from your parents usually stops any problems.

My school banned toilet breaks from half term in year 7 so you couldn't walk out on the pretence of going to the loo and skive that way also we didn't have lockers you'd have to take your book bag (so many back problems). So it would have been pretty obvious if you did it the only way was some teachers would would say get out right out so you could just walk off with your bags t that point I guess.

But yeah it was pretty hard.
We used to hang out in the music practice rooms.

Why do you want to skip class anyway?
Original post by Kutie Karen

They do that in my school too. It's basically a whole community meeting in there. They also use their phones because they don't allow it here.

From what I remember, it's technically against the law to skip school unlike other countries. You must have some form of education if you're being a student in the UK. In my opinion, it's not worth trying. They will catch you in some way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending