The Student Room Group

University of Brighton Pharmacy Interview 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by sultryabyss
Got my interview tomorrow, can't believe how nervous I am. I've no problem with speaking up in front of people or confidence, my issue is that my mind goes blank when Im put on the spot sometimes. I'm also nervous about the maths questions; I've just been cramming in some long division which I STILL don't get. I've managed to learn the infusion its pretty easy with a calculator but the division part I'm USELESS at without a calculator!

Wish me luck guys and girls, I'm gonna need it!

How did your interview go?
It went alright I think. After a talk in the lecture theatre about the course and the university I had my aptitude test. The test was harder than I thought, I had no idea what infusion calculations were before last night but I managed to quickly get my head round them. I had 3 infusion questions, 3 dose questions and 1 molarity question. Second B was defining words, I can't remember all of them but I had 'concept, rigorous, medical adherence, penultimate..' and the others I can't think of! Then section C was ethnics. My question was 'You are in charge of the funding for the healthcare in your community and have £500,000 of budget left what do you spend it on?' the choices were A. A clinical researcher carrying out important research has just found out he has cancer. Spend £500k on a drug which extends his life by 5 years. OR B. Build an ICU for newborn babies which can help an extra 30 babies a year. I said B, because at the end of 5 years its not certain that the researcher would have made any progress that was substantial and in that time 150 babies could have been saved...
Section D was the question about 'How many community pharmacies are there in the UK' The point was to not get the correct answer but how you came to your estimate.
I dont think I did too well to be honest,but considering I didn't know what infusion calculations were until last night I dont think I did too bad!
I then had my interview which was in a group of 4 with one lecturer. We had to think of 3 life changing inventions that can fit in a shoebox. I said WebMD, Webcams and vaccinations. The interview went really well, I was really confident but then I've never had a problem with public speaking or confidence and that. Then we just went on a tour of the campus and the accomodation, etc. I think if I did bad on the test I'm hoping my interview made up for it.

I haven't got a single offer yet so I'm hoping Brighton may be the first! Got my UEA interview in 2 weeks, glad I got Brighton out the way first because I know what to expect now and I'm not so nervous for the UEA one.
Reply 162
Original post by sultryabyss

I haven't got a single offer yet so I'm hoping Brighton may be the first! Got my UEA interview in 2 weeks, glad I got Brighton out the way first because I know what to expect now and I'm not so nervous for the UEA one.

Really glad it went well. I had an interview at UEA and that was a lovely day, nothing to be nervous about at all. I was asked things like what is my favourite subject and how do I learn. I remember discussing community pharmacy, maybe he asked why I wanted to be a pharmacist or something along those lines. More of a chat than an interview.
Had my interview on the 27th feb, got my offer through today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending