The Student Room Group

UCLAN Pharmacy Interview and Test 2024

Hi ,
I have an interview for Mpharm at UCLAN coming up and I was wondering what would be asked in the test.Is it just maths questions or is there biology, chemistry and English as well. Also I was wondering how the interviews are as well.
Thanksss
Original post by Chiarafenmo
Hi ,
I have an interview for Mpharm at UCLAN coming up and I was wondering what would be asked in the test.Is it just maths questions or is there biology, chemistry and English as well. Also I was wondering how the interviews are as well.
Thanksss

Hi @Chiarafenmo,

Congratulations on receiving an interview invite, you must be so pleased! 😊

With your interview invite, you should have also received some guidance notes, these notes will contain all the information needed for your specific interview. For our MPharm Pharmacy course the interview will take around 20-30 minutes, there is also a calculus test which is taken separately and is usually in the morning after your arrival. For the interview part you will likely be asked to explain your understanding of the role and responsibilities of a pharmacist and to discuss why you're interested in studying pharmacy here at UCLan.

For your interview, it's useful to take a notebook and pen in case there is any important points you need to note down. Having some questions ready to ask your interviewer is really useful as you can learn more about the university and course to see if it's the right fit for you. It also shows the interviewer that you are prepared and enthusiastic. My top tip for your interview is to relax and enjoy it! I know this is easier said than done but you will interview better if you are more relaxed.

There are some great top tips for preparing for university interviews over on our page which you can find here. Mariam who is one of our 4th year students studying MPharm has also shared some useful tips for preparing for your interview which you can find here. If you have any questions about the course or life here as a student at UCLan, I'd be happy to help. 😊

Best of luck for your interview,
Sarah
Original post by Chiarafenmo
Hi ,
Thanksss

can you tell me what was it like?
Reply 3
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @Chiarafenmo,

Congratulations on receiving an interview invite, you must be so pleased! 😊

With your interview invite, you should have also received some guidance notes, these notes will contain all the information needed for your specific interview. For our MPharm Pharmacy course the interview will take around 20-30 minutes, there is also a calculus test which is taken separately and is usually in the morning after your arrival. For the interview part you will likely be asked to explain your understanding of the role and responsibilities of a pharmacist and to discuss why you're interested in studying pharmacy here at UCLan.

For your interview, it's useful to take a notebook and pen in case there is any important points you need to note down. Having some questions ready to ask your interviewer is really useful as you can learn more about the university and course to see if it's the right fit for you. It also shows the interviewer that you are prepared and enthusiastic. My top tip for your interview is to relax and enjoy it! I know this is easier said than done but you will interview better if you are more relaxed.

There are some great top tips for preparing for university interviews over on our page which you can find here. Mariam who is one of our 4th year students studying MPharm has also shared some useful tips for preparing for your interview which you can find here. If you have any questions about the course or life here as a student at UCLan, I'd be happy to help. 😊

Best of luck for your interview,
Sarah

Hi, can you recommend where to stay the night before the interview as we have a long way to travel? Is there a hotel affiliated with UCLan?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Handd2
Hi, can you recommend where to stay the night before the interview as we have a long way to travel? Is there a hotel affiliated with UCLan?

Hi @Handd2,

If you are looking to stay in a hotel when you come up for your interview, I would suggest having a look at our Preston campus page. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will find a range of hotels and accommodation near the station and in Preston city centre, only a few minutes’ walk from campus.

You could also have a look on Tripadvisor for more accommodation around Preston.

I hope this helps! 😊
Sarah
Reply 5
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @Handd2,

If you are looking to stay in a hotel when you come up for your interview, I would suggest having a look at our Preston campus page. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will find a range of hotels and accommodation near the station and in Preston city centre, only a few minutes’ walk from campus.

You could also have a look on Tripadvisor for more accommodation around Preston.

I hope this helps! 😊
Sarah

Thank you
Original post by Handd2
Thank you

You're welcome @Handd2, if you have any questions about the course or life here as a student at UCLan, I'd be happy to help. 😊
Reply 7
Original post by Handd2
How was the interview and what was the test about?
Reply 8
Original post by Ahmed4433
How was the interview and what was the test about?
It was my daughter, she had 10 maths questions, she said the interview was relaxed and received an offer 4 days later.
Original post by Handd2
It was my daughter, she had 10 maths questions, she said the interview was relaxed and received an offer 4 days later.

What was the graph question she was asked please could you ask her would much appreciate it
Original post by Handd2

What were the questions she was asked my daughter is stressed about her interview coming up would appreciate some help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending