The Student Room Group

New Modules Queries

I have just started my new elective modules for semester 2 ... Im doing a dissertation, so only do 3 modules alongside it, and Im doing Law & Literature; Criminal Justice,Procedure & Human Rights; and Child Law.

Child Law looks pretty straightforward, and its a pretty small syllabus so shouldn't be too much hopefully, :smile: and CJPHR should be cool too, we're doing a section on the Soham trial so that should be thought provoking and relevant.
I'm especially looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into Law & Lit - we've got a lot of novels to read, lots of classics that I always meant to read such as Bleak House, Nineteen-Eighty-Four, Measure for Measure, The Merchant of Venice, The Trial, Lord of the Flies.

However Law & Lit is relatively new and expanding as a module in UK law schools according to my tutor, and was hoping someone could offer me some advice or a bit of insight into the topic and best way to study it, anything to bear in mind, any tips???? :wink:

I need 4 firsts out of 8 marks to get a first overall so ANY advice would be hugely well received, especially on Law & Lit but also on my other 2 modules as well. (and rep given where appropriate :wink: )
I'm studying something quite similar to your criminal justice module (mine is Legal Perspectives on Criminal Justice) and I agree, its a thought provoking and interesting topic to study. I would advise reading around it quite a lot, especially as most of it is going to be very topical, and formulating well-informed, well backed-up strong cohesive opinions. It really depends how you're assessed as to what advice can be given, although I guess the above will fundamentally apply anyway. PS Law and Literature sounds fascinating :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending