The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Transferring Universities

I am currently in my second year of my degree in Accounting and Management at Henley Business School, University of Reading, and I am thinking of transferring to a different, more prestigious and more targeted University in September 2024. I am looking at Uni of Bristol for the same degree. I would have to resit 1 A level, and GCSE maths this May. I am wondering what people think, if anyone has experience with transferring Universities, and if doing this would even be worth it. I am willing to do second year again. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Original post by aelahi04
I am currently in my second year of my degree in Accounting and Management at Henley Business School, University of Reading, and I am thinking of transferring to a different, more prestigious and more targeted University in September 2024. I am looking at Uni of Bristol for the same degree. I would have to resit 1 A level, and GCSE maths this May. I am wondering what people think, if anyone has experience with transferring Universities, and if doing this would even be worth it. I am willing to do second year again. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Firstly universities dont usually accept other university's students for transfer. Where they do normally you have to meet the new University entrance requirement, the modules have to be closely aligned and you have to have reached a set standard in your current course.

You will need to contact Bristol in the new year. It might be better to phone rather than email so you can answer any queries they have. @McGinger Do you have any knowledge of Bristol's transfer policy.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Have ou checked that Bristol actually accept Year 2 transfers to their degree?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Have ou checked that Bristol actually accept Year 2 transfers to their degree?

Hi thanks for your message. Yes, Bristol does take transfers into second year for the course I want to do, provided that I meet their first year entry requirements (meaning I would have to do the mentioned resits), the content of my course at Reading is sufficiently similar to the one at Bristol (I believe it may be, but will have to check with the admissions team), and I have so far achieved a 2.1 (which I have).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending