The Student Room Group

I like our French teaching assisstant :(

And that is wrong!
He's about 25 and just came over for a year. I have my oral classes with him and it was rather difficult to get into his group because I'm a lower level in French than other people in the class..
I think he is adorable and funny. I know that nothing can happen between us because I don't think he likes me, he's going to leave in like half a year back to France and it doesn't really feel like a serious crush so even if I had a chance I wouldn't even try.

But it's very distracting...
In class I feel like I'm blushing and I can't ever think of answers etc. It feels like I'm 14 and it's embarrassing.
When I'm home it's fine, I live with my boyfriend and I'm really mad at myself I fancy someone else. Now I don't even know if I love him, because I always thought that love is something that ..you know.. eliminates the possibility of having a crush on other people.

I wouldn't worry too much, happily pass my year, go to France and forget about it. But I have the 1-on-1 exam with him, and I'm afraid I might be really obvious, by the way I blush and try not to look at him.

What should I do? I wish I could just not to think about it when i'm in class or something.. but I really don't want to change my groups. I think his is better for me because I get more practice + suitable time + I know him and I'd rather have someone I know, than someone I potentially might hate.

So confused :frown:
how old are you?
Original post by Anonymous
And that is wrong!
He's about 25 and just came over for a year. I have my oral classes with him

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpowqoR2Wn1qzma4ho1_400.jpg
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What should I do? I wish I could just not to think about it when i'm in class or something.. but I really don't want to change my groups. I think his is better for me because I get more practice + suitable time + I know him and I'd rather have someone I know, than someone I potentially might hate.

So confused :frown:

Focus on the language...
Reply 4
Haha just enjoy the crush, you know nothing's going to happen anyway so what's the problem with a bit of eye candy. Try and turn it into a positive by motivating yourself to work harder to improve your French!
Reply 5
I remember we had this teaching assistant who went to Cambridge. She was so fit and I swear she used to take the mick by bending down very slowly to help someone and look over her shoulder.
i dont blame you if he's hot with a french accent it is kind of a killer blow

though nothing can happen, he could risk losing his job. he is definitely off limits! which probably makes you want him more.
I'm a lad anyway had a bit of a crush on my tutor at 6th form, felt embarrassing really, that said in a tutor full of lads I don't think I was alone, quite a few lads used to wolf whistle at her!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending